Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Dwayne Schintzius thinks his mullet got him traded (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230925)

insidehoops 07-26-2011 04:39 PM

Dwayne Schintzius thinks his mullet got him traded

His mullet was very important to him.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8068

Younger fans won't remember him, but the photo on that page tells the tale

LJJ 07-26-2011 04:44 PM

Re: Dwayne Schintzius thinks his mullet got him traded

Maybe he got traded because he sucks, and the Spurs could turn him into Antoine Carr who was a role player but still 20x the player Schintzius was.

artificial 07-26-2011 06:11 PM

Wait, so this is not a joke?

bagelred 07-26-2011 06:47 PM

Who wrote this awful article? It wasn't the mullet, it obviously had to do with his attitude.

Quote:

He told me to cut it, Schintzius told old friend Joey Johnson of the Tampa Tribune (hat tip Project Spurs.com). So I got it cut and sent him the shavings in an envelope. Im not sure he appreciated that. And then, away I went.

:rolleyes: Clearly, not someone you might to keep around.

QuebecBaller 07-26-2011 06:57 PM

mullet are great :rockon:

AMISTILLILL 07-26-2011 06:57 PM

The 1988 Tiago Splitter.

LJJ 07-26-2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
Who wrote this awful article? It wasn't the mullet, it obviously had to do with his attitude.

:rolleyes: Clearly, not someone you might to keep around.

That is a pretty funny way of dealing with it actually.

What kind of a boss tells a grown ass man how to wear his hair? If my boss told me to change my haircut, seriously, I would probably spit in his mouth.

pete's montreux 07-26-2011 07:03 PM

In his mouth? IN the mouth? What are the chances that the spit enters the mouth? Don't you think if you missed your message wouldn't have been expressed as clearly as you intended? In the mouth, you're really mad, but near the mouth or on the face in general, you're just kind of...mad.

How many times have you spit on someones mouth to know the proper trajectory and back tongue force to use? I say just go for the face. You don't want to miss his mouth and down the line wonder if he knew you meant business or not.

BTW, I can't begin to tell you how mad I would be if someone spit IN my mouth. Maybe you should go for the mouth.

Samurai Swoosh 07-26-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
The 1988 Tiago Splitter.

:oldlol:

Do you watch that show in your avatar, by the way?

AMISTILLILL 07-26-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJJ
That is a pretty funny way of dealing with it actually.

What kind of a boss tells a grown ass man how to wear his hair? If my boss told me to change my haircut, seriously, I would probably spit in his mouth.

It's not really all that unorthodox for management to take an interest in the appearance of its employees. The league intervenes in matters in a similar fashion. Look at Tony Allen in this years playoffs, or some of Artests' for eccentric hairstyle choices in the playoffs. If you ran a respectable business you likely wouldn't be too hot on the idea of your employees showing up with bright pink hair and six lip piercings. If you value an image that doesn't alienate a particular brand of clientele, at least.

Look at Pat Riley's stance on players not wearing headbands. Up until LeBron showed up that was practically written in stone.

AMISTILLILL 07-26-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh

Do you watch that show in your avatar, by the way?

Hell yeah I do! :banana:

Samurai Swoosh 07-26-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Hell yeah I do!

Dude's face cracks me up.

You can tell he smokes out.

:pimp:

AMISTILLILL 07-26-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Dude's face cracks me up.

You can tell he smokes out.

:pimp:

His skin looks like a catchers mitt too. Like he routinely falls asleep in a tanning bed. He looks like he spends his off time between shooting episodes of the show in a lab Frankensteining body parts together. Serious mad scientist vibe. I dig it.

Samurai Swoosh 07-26-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

His skin looks like a catchers mitt too. Like he routinely falls asleep in a tanning bed. He looks like he spends his off time between shooting episodes of the show in a lab Frankensteining body parts together. Serious mad scientist vibe. I dig it.

LOL ... look at the science teacher version of a "blow out"

Rake2204 07-26-2011 07:18 PM

Also responsible for one of the best trading cards of all-time:

And also Ahmad Rashad always saying, "Dwayne "Schnindflaksmlksshiss".

I can't believe this story is legit. Legendary.