Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231154)

insidehoops 07-29-2011 11:42 AM

Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
Ricky Rubio knows that physical NBA point guards can pound into him if he remains a skinny kid, so he's looking to bulk up.

Read this quick item: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8088

How important is strength when you're an NBA point guard?

Scoooter 07-29-2011 12:22 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
Not very, I'd imagine. Bulk even less so.

D.J. 07-29-2011 12:36 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
Not as important as big men, but you still need it. It's a physically demanding game.

MeLO MvP 15 07-29-2011 01:19 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
Obvious decision.

That's like a homeless person looking to get money.

ZenMaster 07-29-2011 01:31 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
It's very important for a PG.

The way these guys drive today, Westbrook, Rose, Evans, Paul, Williams etc. they all bump you on the way to the rim.

LJJ 07-29-2011 01:58 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
His listed weight is 190, pretty average for a point. Only stocky point guards like Deron Williams and Kidd weigh more.

Weight doesn't matter at all. Payton and Stockton were some of the scrawniest guys in the league.

Nick Young 07-29-2011 03:00 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
o dear god, this will make his jumpshot even worse

bdreason 07-29-2011 06:26 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
I wouldn't really call the move from Barcelona to Minnesota a "leap". :oldlol:

BankShot 07-29-2011 09:22 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
I wouldn't really call the move from Barcelona to Minnesota a "leap". :oldlol:


If you're ONLY considering the size, attractiveness, and culture, of the city.... then no, Barcelona to Minnesota is not a leap.

if you consider the difference between professional Barcelona basketball and professional Minneapolis basketball, in terms of its physicality and overall athleticism and skill, then yeah I'd say its one hell of a leap.

:rolleyes:

BankShot 07-29-2011 09:23 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Young
o dear god, this will make his jumpshot even worse


Can it really get worse??

DCL 07-29-2011 09:30 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
nobody cares about this bust.

BankShot 07-29-2011 09:33 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DCL
nobody cares about this bust.


Calling someone a bust before they play a minute in the NBA is flat-out silly. Yeah he might be a bust.... but until he plays in the NBA saying such things is just ignorant trolling.

DCL 07-29-2011 10:01 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BankShot
Calling someone a bust before they play a minute in the NBA is flat-out silly. Yeah he might be a bust.... but until he plays in the NBA saying such things is just ignorant trolling.


FYI, this is a fking basketball message board.

if you dont like a basketball opinion, you're in the wrong place.

if you think he's guaranteed star, i can use your same stupid logic as being an ignorant troll because that's just retarded.

BankShot 07-29-2011 10:12 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DCL
FYI, this is a fking basketball message board.

if you dont like a basketball opinion, you're in the wrong place.

if you think he's guaranteed star, i can use your same stupid logic as being an ignorant troll because that's just retarded.


1.) I'm aware this is a basketball message board... and believe me I can handle people with actual basketball opinions. If you want to go there, my "basketball opinion" that your basketball opinions are ignorant are as just and relevant as yours.

2.) Saying someone is a bust before they play a single NBA game is simply unfounded. Making unbased claims.... ESPECIALLY without any kind of additional insight or explanation.... like you made is one of two things: ignorance, or trolling.

3.) Did I say he would be a guaranteed star?? I don't think so.

Anything else you would like to pull out of your ass and smear all over a reply post??

:rolleyes:

DCL 07-29-2011 10:18 PM

Re: Ricky Rubio looking to bulk up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BankShot
1.) I'm aware this is a basketball message board... and believe me I can handle people with actual basketball opinions. If you want to go there, my "basketball opinion" that your basketball opinions are ignorant are as just and relevant as yours.

2.) Saying someone is a bust before they play a single NBA game is simply unfounded. Making unbased claims.... ESPECIALLY without any kind of additional insight or explanation.... like you made is one of two things: ignorance, or trolling.

3.) Did I say he would be a guaranteed star?? I don't think so.

Anything else you would like to pull out of your ass and smear all over a reply post??

:rolleyes:




it seems you are still quite delusional and myopic then.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy