Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The longer the lockout carries on... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231310)

bokes15 07-31-2011 08:31 PM

The longer the lockout carries on...

... the less i'm caring about the NBA. Am I the only one? :confusedshrug:

Prodigy 07-31-2011 09:26 PM

Re: The longer the lockout carries on...

I'm usually not caring about the NBA during the summer too much.

Dr.Funk 07-31-2011 09:34 PM

Usually I get excited when Free agency starts and that carries for a few weeks then I don't care til near the season. But with the lock-out I really only come here to chat about the Jays.

bada bing 07-31-2011 11:18 PM

the off-season is usually meh for me anyways. Even after the season starts i really get into it around december time. Thats when you know whose in it for the long run and who should be tanking. This season i was definitely more interested than usual because as said a million times before i was watching the heat games in miami and bulls games in chicago. Was looking forward to this season.

whatever...i'll find somethign better to do....the nba and its players can go f themselves. I dont care whose side you are on, but seeing millionaires fight over millions is jsut disgusting to me considering how worse everyone else in this country (US) is. It just looks like greed to me.

bokes15 08-01-2011 12:27 AM

I usually don't care about the off-season either. But as i've stated before, in this case I haven't cared much about the season either. I was hyped up about the season (due to other teams as well) but all in all it ended up being anti-climatic and the Heat story got old to me real fast. And I think it will take the Raptors being exciting again for me to re-gain that interest. I love being able to root for and be proud of my own team rather than hopping on other teams bandwagons due to us sucking and not giving 100% effort.

Qwyjibo 08-01-2011 12:37 AM

The most interesting things about the Raptors right now for me are Ed Davis and Valanciunas. Since Valanciunas won't be here even if the season goes and who knows how much playing time Ed Davis will get, I'm not too upset over this lockout.

FCardelle 08-01-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bada bing
seeing millionaires fight over millions is just disgusting to me considering how worse everyone else in this country (US) is. It just looks like greed to me.

Well, this is what capitalism is about :confusedshrug:

DJMason 08-01-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
The most interesting things about the Raptors right now for me are Ed Davis and Valanciunas. Since Valanciunas won't be here even if the season goes and who knows how much playing time Ed Davis will get, I'm not too upset over this lockout.

^^ This. I am so indifferent as to whether or not the season happens since I don't give a damn about the Raptors until Val arrives. Wasn't going to watch much ball this year anyway. It's all about the Blue Jays for me in Toronto, and the Pats once football season starts. MLSE can f*ck itself.

SESSEL15 08-01-2011 01:54 PM

I guess I'm the opposite. I dread each day that the lockout continues. I'm in need of player signings, trades, rumours. I'm also extremely excited should for the next season if there is one. I'd love to watch Ed and Demar continue to develop.

And Capitalism sucks:rockon:

Dr.Funk 08-01-2011 02:06 PM

I will say though that I think it will be in our best interest for the lock out to end because I think our pick will be better if we play than if the season is cancelled and they went to some kind of weighted lottery system.

Chamberlain 08-01-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I will say though that I think it will be in our best interest for the lock out to end because I think our pick will be better if we play than if the season is cancelled and they went to some kind of weighted lottery system.

Absolutely.

For me, I wish we could see some player signings and trades and all that stuff, just to keep things interesting in the off-season. But I've found myself already starting to study the prospects for next years draft. Usually I don't do that until about mid-season, but what else can I do to keep myself entertained.

I'm going to be watching a ton of NCAA this year whether there is an NBA season or not.

Himan12 08-01-2011 07:34 PM

Honestly if the NBA went away for a couple of years, I wouldn't care...the league needs alot work to become more appealing.

Even though I enjoyed this years playoffs, the regular season is just too brutal to watch...

DoubleTech 10-08-2011 12:51 PM

the only thing I'm thinking about when it comes to the NBA is the draft next year.

This season was a write off anyways.

Hypothetically, where would the Raptors pick if the entire season was cancelled but a new CBA agreed upon before the draft?

Tool 10-08-2011 01:56 PM

I mean other than these "young stars' the future of the NBA looks bleak.

bokes15 10-08-2011 02:38 PM

As the time for the actual lockout is now fast approaching, when I think to what the NBA has become, it's sad. I've been saying (especially since the LBJ era started) that greed, money and star power is taking over. The days of the biggest thing about basketball being the sport itself are long gone. It's now about being glamorous, being a star, making huge money, buying bling, living that hip hop lifetsyle, etc etc... It was all destined to blow up one of these days. There are very few dudes left that put basketball above everything else and thats my main issue. From a talent standpoint there's still plenty to go around even though it's of different calibur. But the attitudes have changed for the worse and now we're all gonna suffer for it.