Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just in case anybody forgot... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231332)

Peteballa 08-01-2011 12:28 AM

Just in case anybody forgot...

LeBron was awful in the Finals. We all can agree on this. HOWEVER.

One of the main arguments against LeBron is that he folds in the clutch and doesn't do anything in the 4th quarter. This is true for the Finals and the regular season; however, for the rest of the playoffs..

LeBron took over at the end of game 5 against the Celtics. Completely took over, and won us the series;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Rd7...eature=related

LeBron also was a huge factor, along with Wade, in a huge comback against the Bulls in Game 5 to win the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nFBz...eature=related

He was incredibly clutch and dominated for the first three rounds of the playoffs. Did he have a bad finals? Yes. But let's not get amnesia and forget just how great he was for the rest of the playoffs, especially against the Bulls, when Wade was going through a huge slump.

Also, if your response is going to be that he wasn't clutch in the regular season as well as the Finals, I agree. He wasn't. However, he became clutch in the playoffs and had a few series' where he was the scariest player on the floor during the 4th quarter, by far. He fixed his problem that he had during the regular season and showed that he could close. He just started being too passive in the finals.

Another response; the Finals is the only stage where it matters, and he was awful. My response: He wasn't that bad. Seriously; he didn't play that poorly when he tried; however, that was the issue - he didn't try. He was totally passive in the 4th and completely fell asleep during crucial possessions. Does that mean his performance is excused? Absolutely not! But it also doesn't imply that he choked, missed easy shots/free throws, or played poorly in general; he just didn't try. It was like he didn't care out there.

TL;DR - THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE

LeBron had a poor finals. He was the best player in the league for every other round of the playoffs. The amount of hate is unwarranted. But don't just read the TLDR; read my explanation above.

pauk 08-01-2011 12:31 AM

Re: Just in case anybody forgot...

wtf are u talking about game 5 this and that..... ??

LEBRON DOMINATED ALL THAT SHIT..........

SIXERS SERIES HE SHARED WITH WADE....

CELTICS SERIES IT WAS HIM WHO DOMINATED....

BULLS SERIES IT WAS OOOOOONLY HIM.... WADE WAS HORRIBLE IN THE BULLS SERIES.... WORSE THAN LEBRON IN MAVS SERIES....

IT WAS SHOCKING TO SEE HIS "MAGIC" VANISH AGAINST MAVS AFTER WHAT HE HAS DONE ENTIRE YEAR...... AND THIS 2ND FIDDLE (WADE) ALL OF THE SUDDEN PLAYING GREAT......... WHAT THIS PROVES IS THAT LEBRON IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN WADE.............. WADE WAS FANTASTIC.... AND THEY STILL DIDNT WIN....

LEBRON WON THE BULLS SERIES WHEN WADE WAS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE..... WADE COULDNT RETURN THE FAVOUR.... LEBRON IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT TO THE HEAT... THEY SEEM TO CANT AFFORD HIM NOT PRODUCING UP TO HIS STANDARDS

Peteballa 08-01-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauk
wtf are u talking about game 5 this and that..... ??

LEBRON DOMINATED ALL THAT SHIT..........

SIXERS SERIES HE SHARED WITH WADE....

CELTICS SERIES IT WAS HIM WHO DOMINATED....

BULLS SERIES IT WAS OOOOOONLY HIM.... WADE WAS HORRIBLE IN THE BULLS SERIES.... WORSE THAN LEBRON IN MAVS SERIES....

No ****ing shit dumb ****, my post is trying to defend LeBron.

You know what, I don't even blame people on this board for hating on Heat fans, dumbasses like you give us such a bad name.

ThaSwagg3r 08-01-2011 12:33 AM

LeBron James is not even the best player on his own team. Give me Wade over him, the guy that has proven to lead his team to the championship and win it all unlike LeBron.

1. Wade
2. Dirk
3. Dwight
4. LeBron
5. Cp3

28renyoy 08-01-2011 12:35 AM

lol @ best player in every round. Durant was far and away the best player in the 1st round.

Peteballa 08-01-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28renyoy
lol @ best player in every round. Durant was far and away the best player in the 1st round.

Sorry, I should have been more clear; I didn't mean each round individually. Durant was def better in the 1st round. I meant the playoffs outside of the Finals as a whole.

tpols 08-01-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Dwight Howard dumbass.. not close.

ThaSwagg3r 08-01-2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peteballa
Sorry, I should have been more clear; I didn't mean each round individually. Durant was def better in the 1st round. I meant the playoffs outside of the Finals as a whole.

Peteballa, Who are your top 5 players in the NBA? Explain how LeBron is better than Wade if you don't mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpols

Chris Paul... not close.

DuMa 08-01-2011 12:38 AM

i was honestly surprised lebron played that badly in the finals compared to how he played in the celtics and bulls series. he didnt look the same player really. an excuse is not needed for lebron. he just played badly and deserves the hate. but he looked tired and gassed than i have ever seen him play before. and probably much of the poor play is merited to mental aspects of his game. he just doesnt play the same way anymore.

28renyoy 08-01-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Someone getting destroyed by a lower seed=/= best player in that round, dumbass.

tpols 08-01-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r

Chris Paul... not close.

22/12/7 on 54.5%FG.. don't know his eFG or TS, but they are probably very high.

versus

27/16/2 on 63%FG

CP3 was incredible, but the only area he really was better at than Dwight was passing the ball. Dwight was a more productive and efficient scorer while Paul was a much, much better playmaker. Dwight was obviously much more valuable defensively and destroys him on the glass.

Whatever the case, I was comparing Dwight to Durant when i said not close.

305Baller 08-01-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peteballa
LeBron was awful in the Finals. We all can agree on this. HOWEVER.

One of the main arguments against LeBron is that he folds in the clutch and doesn't do anything in the 4th quarter. This is true for the Finals and the regular season; however, for the rest of the playoffs..

LeBron took over at the end of game 5 against the Celtics. Completely took over, and won us the series;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Rd7...eature=related

LeBron also was a huge factor, along with Wade, in a huge comback against the Bulls in Game 5 to win the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nFBz...eature=related

He was incredibly clutch and dominated for the first three rounds of the playoffs. Did he have a bad finals? Yes. But let's not get amnesia and forget just how great he was for the rest of the playoffs, especially against the Bulls, when Wade was going through a huge slump.

Also, if your response is going to be that he wasn't clutch in the regular season as well as the Finals, I agree. He wasn't. However, he became clutch in the playoffs and had a few series' where he was the scariest player on the floor during the 4th quarter, by far. He fixed his problem that he had during the regular season and showed that he could close. He just started being too passive in the finals.

Another response; the Finals is the only stage where it matters, and he was awful. My response: He wasn't that bad. Seriously; he didn't play that poorly when he tried; however, that was the issue - he didn't try. He was totally passive in the 4th and completely fell asleep during crucial possessions. Does that mean his performance is excused? Absolutely not! But it also doesn't imply that he choked, missed easy shots/free throws, or played poorly in general; he just didn't try. It was like he didn't care out there.

TL;DR - THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE

LeBron had a poor finals. He was the best player in the league for every other round of the playoffs. The amount of hate is unwarranted. But don't just read the TLDR; read my explanation above.

Fatigue could have been a factor. The climax from the Bulls series lasted only two to three games in the finls. Then Miami just hit a wall.

tpols 08-01-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Someone getting destroyed by a lower seed=/= best player in that round, dumbass.

Give Durant Dwight's teammates and they dont even win 40 games.:oldlol:

ThaSwagg3r 08-01-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

22/12/7 on 54.5%FG.. don't know his eFG or TS, but they are probably very high.

versus

27/16/2 on 63%FG

CP3 was incredible, but the only area he really was better at than Dwight was passing the ball. Dwight was a more productive and efficient scorer while Paul was a much, much better playmaker. Dwight was obviously much more valuable defensively and destroys him on the glass.

Whatever the case, I was comparing Dwight to Durant when i said not close.

If you wanna know why I feel Chris Paul was better, it was because the Hornets weren't even suppose to win a game. Everybody predicted that the Hornets-Lakers series was going to be a sweep in favor of the Lakers. David West was out for the series and for the season due to a freakish knee injury and the Hornets ended up winning 2 games out of 6 against the Lakers. The Magic were the favorites and suppose to win that series, but they ended up losing in 6.

Chris Paul exceeded expectations in the 2011 playofs while Dwight Howard did not meet his. It is simple.

(That was posted in this thread).

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=230122&page=2

Peteballa 08-01-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
i was honestly surprised lebron played that badly in the finals compared to how he played in the celtics and bulls series. he didnt look the same player really. an excuse is not needed for lebron. he just played badly and deserves the hate. but he looked tired and gassed than i have ever seen him play before. and probably much of the poor play is merited to mental aspects of his game. he just doesnt play the same way anymore.

The point I am making is it's almost two months later and people are still posting things like "dont ask lebron for a dollar or he wont give you the 4th quarter" etc. when the 4th quarter was when he dominated during the playoffs except for the Finals. It's like they remember the Finals vividly, and have amnesia about the Celtics and the Bulls. I agree he played awful in the Finals, but I think people need to acknowledge that it was that series solely he performed that way and it doesn't reflect his game as a whole.