Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Help me pick my next Virtual Console game! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231908)

code green 08-08-2011 10:13 PM

Help me pick my next Virtual Console game!

I decided to pick up some Wii points from the store after finding a GameStop card with 20 bucks on it. My first purchase was one of my favorite games on the N64, Paper Mario. I can't decide what I want to do with the remaining balance. My choices:

Castlevania 4 - This was the one I first thought of. I have a SNES and I've been looking for this game for a while around my area, but haven't found it. I know I can pick it up (relatively) cheap online, so I'm hesitant to use my points on something I can get for the actual console, which I prefer.

Chrono Trigger - I played this for a few hours at a friend's house and really enjoyed it even though I'm not huge on RPGs. This one goes for about $80 online if i bought it for my SNES, so I'd much rather just get it on the Wii and save myself some cash.

Mario 64 - I played this at my cousin's house all the time when I was younger, but never had an N64, so I never sat down and really made good progress through it.

and lastly...

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - I freaking love Zelda, but always looked the other way on this one. I've beaten Zelda 1, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Phantom Hourglass, and sort of want to add this to the list. It's got really mixed reviews, and I like my "classic" Zelda games. I absolutely hated The Adventure of Link and I'm afraid I'll go the same way with this one.

Give your feedback, I'm probably going to run through Paper Mario this week and then decide what to spend the rest on. :rockon:

Kungfro 08-08-2011 10:48 PM

Re: Help me pick my next Virtual Console game!

Chrono Trigger is still one of my favorite games of all time, I'd lean towards that one. I'd also suggest taking a look at Secret of Mana.

code green 08-08-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kungfro
Chrono Trigger is still one of my favorite games of all time, I'd lean towards that one. I'd also suggest taking a look at Secret of Mana.

I was going to couple Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger together, just because the situations were exactly the same. I'm leaning more towards Chrono Trigger just because I have friends that rave and rave about it and I kind of want to see what the big deal is.

I loved the "Action-RPG" type game Secret of Mana brough, but I distinctly not liking the ring that would pop up when you were choosing attacks. Actually, it's been so long I don't even remember if it was to choose attacks, or even why i didn't like it for that matter. I just remember really liking until I had to deal with that circle, and that making me want to turn it off.

JaskoX1 08-10-2011 03:04 AM

Majora's Mask is easily my favorite LoZ game.

Tons of great Masks including (4 Shape Changing Masks), works on a fun schedule. But a lot of people didn't like the time countdown : watch this old launch trailer for the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWkRpOBPW8A

MeLO MvP 15 08-10-2011 05:21 PM

Good choice with Paper Mario. One of my favorite games. I think I beat like 3 times as a kid on my N64 and then again on my wii. Such a great game.

I think you should go with Super Mario 64 if you haven't played it. I haven't played it in a while, but it is a classic.

niko 08-10-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by code green
I decided to pick up some Wii points from the store after finding a GameStop card with 20 bucks on it. My first purchase was one of my favorite games on the N64, Paper Mario. I can't decide what I want to do with the remaining balance. My choices:

Castlevania 4 - This was the one I first thought of. I have a SNES and I've been looking for this game for a while around my area, but haven't found it. I know I can pick it up (relatively) cheap online, so I'm hesitant to use my points on something I can get for the actual console, which I prefer.

Chrono Trigger - I played this for a few hours at a friend's house and really enjoyed it even though I'm not huge on RPGs. This one goes for about $80 online if i bought it for my SNES, so I'd much rather just get it on the Wii and save myself some cash.

Mario 64 - I played this at my cousin's house all the time when I was younger, but never had an N64, so I never sat down and really made good progress through it.

and lastly...

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - I freaking love Zelda, but always looked the other way on this one. I've beaten Zelda 1, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Phantom Hourglass, and sort of want to add this to the list. It's got really mixed reviews, and I like my "classic" Zelda games. I absolutely hated The Adventure of Link and I'm afraid I'll go the same way with this one.

Give your feedback, I'm probably going to run through Paper Mario this week and then decide what to spend the rest on. :rockon:

From what you said Majora's Mask is a clear choice. Majora's mask is a good game, it's just the time counting down that people don't like. Watch some youtube videos, you will get the idea.

SayTownRy 08-11-2011 11:59 AM

imo, adventures of link is to legend of zelda as majoras mask is to ocarina of time

that said i should still go back and give it a try as i'm such a huge fan of the series.

Jameerthefear 08-12-2011 11:02 AM

If you haven't bought anything yet, try out Cave Story.

Legend of Josh 08-12-2011 12:17 PM

Sell all your games, systems, etc - buy XBOX 360 and Blue Dragon. Never play another game again.