Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What do the Pacers need to get better? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232081)

insidehoops 08-11-2011 10:09 AM

What do the Pacers need to get better?

They need a lot of help, but what in particular?

I liked their first-round playoff showing vs the Bulls, but they obviously still need work.

Here's what Danny Granger said: He wants more PF depth. Skim this: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8166

catch24 08-11-2011 10:13 AM

Re: What do the Pacers need to get better?

I thought Hulkamania was the most intellectual bball head (and prediction maker) on this forum? You tell us, oh great one :bowdown:

Meticode 08-11-2011 10:15 AM

Hibbert and Collison need to keep developing and what Granger said. They need a good starting power forward. McRoberts and Hansbrough aren't going to cut it. I like Hansbrough off the bench.

MrRogers 08-11-2011 10:27 AM

They need a legit PF. What they did last season was a good start.

Theoo 08-11-2011 11:00 AM

look i playto nba2k11 associatition and i make it to a conference finale alots of thing the need to do thats it what it was like

Collison (86 ovr(
Greg (draft 88 ovr)
Paul george (92 ovr) yes bigge surprise pacer NEED to keep george he hav a superstar potential but will need trade granger
Ibaka (78 ovr) yes and not that good but is BLOCKs defense, not much scoring
Blount (87 ovr) a crazed good block shoting center

thats is alot of defense nad then theres bench..
pierce(6 man)
afflafo
KG

thats is just the idea to pacer but the need KEEP collison and george mabe trade granger..

b1imtf 08-11-2011 11:12 AM

Sign David West? :confusedshrug:

Miller for 3 08-11-2011 12:15 PM

They need a physical big man down low (hoping for Nene), and another competent wing scorer to complement Granger. Hill should be a great asset and I could see him being our no.2 scorer if nothing else changes. But someone who can come off the bench for George and get buckets would be great

HylianNightmare 08-11-2011 12:20 PM

roy hibbert needs to continue to develop

QuebecBaller 08-11-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miller for 3
They need a physical big man down low (hoping for Nene), and another competent wing scorer to complement Granger. Hill should be a great asset and I could see him being our no.2 scorer if nothing else changes. But someone who can come off the bench for George and get buckets would be great

Sean Williams

Area 51 and Area 55 playing together :rockon:

Patrick Chewing 08-11-2011 12:50 PM

Reggie Miller

MeLO MvP 15 08-11-2011 01:03 PM

They need a good PF and SG. Probably veterans considering they have such a young team already. David West's name comes up a lot, but I actually don't like that fit wise at all. I would go for Carl Landry or Nene (who should be playing PF). Afflalo or Thornton make sense (even tho both are young) but they're restricted so good luck. Then if they cant get them, look into Jamal Crawford if he's not asking for crazy money. Considering Indiana is gonna have a lot of cap space and because of their young talent they should be the top destination, they should be able to get some solid pieces. They also might be better of using in trades. Obviously we don't know the new CBA or anything, but there's a good chance that a lot of teams are going to look into dumping players for cap space, so they don't need to use their cap space on FAs.

Faberg 08-11-2011 01:58 PM

A star player alongside Granger and they're ready.

InspiredLebowski 08-11-2011 03:22 PM

Instead of typing a 6000 word manifesto I'll sum it up quick. Time to mature and consistent development. Don't sign David West. Take time just like we did building the Reggie era teams piece by piece. And to luck into Thomas Robinson next draft.

jbryan1984 08-11-2011 03:26 PM

a good pf. maybe tyler h will come around but i dont know. but i like the core of granger/collison/hibbert going forward. i think paul george will become a decent 2 guard.

mentallooser 08-11-2011 04:29 PM

I honestly think Tyler will develop out to be just fine. The playoffs were an odd thing to watch for him. His midrange game just disappeared after he took that knock on the head. When he is making shots, he is very very dangerous. He is plenty strong, has a good game and will continue to develop. He also isn't afraid to do the dirty work which is huge.