Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232839)

thatoneblackguy 08-20-2011 01:21 PM

PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
Me being a PC gamer have known this all along but I just wanted to see ISH's opinion on this.

http://www.destructoid.com/pc-gamers...s-179579.phtml


(article dates 07.22.2010)

JaskoX1 08-20-2011 01:31 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
Glorious PC Master Race rejoice!

Kungfro 08-20-2011 02:18 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
Not too surprising, consoles tend to attract a lot more of the casual audience.

GOBB 08-20-2011 02:36 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
I want to play COD on the PC to tell the difference or any FPS. I'm just curious how the aiming works with a mouse and keyboard.

bdreason 08-20-2011 02:45 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
I want to play COD on the PC to tell the difference or any FPS. I'm just curious how the aiming works with a mouse and keyboard.



Movement and aiming with a mouse and keyboard is sooooooooooo much easier.


This study has little to do with the difficulty of playing either PC or console, and everything to do with the fact that more casual gamers own consoles. I bet most of the "PC gamers" in this study also owned a console.

Kungfro 08-20-2011 04:43 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
Movement and aiming with a mouse and keyboard is sooooooooooo much easier.


This study has little to do with the difficulty of playing either PC or console, and everything to do with the fact that more casual gamers own consoles. I bet most of the "PC gamers" in this study also owned a console.


I think movement is actually better with controllers, since the analog stick gives you better control over direction and movement speed. Aiming however is definetly better with a mouse.

Qwyjibo 08-20-2011 05:13 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaskoX1
Glorious PC Master Race rejoice!


pete's montreux 08-20-2011 08:35 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kungfro
I think movement is actually better with controllers, since the analog stick gives you better control over direction and movement speed. Aiming however is definetly better with a mouse.


I've never disagreed with something as much as I do this. There's absolutely no comparison to a gaming mouse and an analog controller. I don't even know what you mean when you say direction in the first place. Like, does your brain work better telling your hand where to go using an analog controller compared to a mouse?

And "aiming"? Aiming IS controlling the "direction" and movement speed. Aiming covers everything.

N0Skillz 08-20-2011 08:49 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
It is 100x Time easier to aim with a mouse then it is with a stick. That is a huge advantage 0.o

Kungfro 08-20-2011 09:22 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I've never disagreed with something as much as I do this. There's absolutely no comparison to a gaming mouse and an analog controller. I don't even know what you mean when you say direction in the first place. Like, does your brain work better telling your hand where to go using an analog controller compared to a mouse?

And "aiming"? Aiming IS controlling the "direction" and movement speed. Aiming covers everything.


I'm comparing movement with the WASD keys to an analog stick.

pete's montreux 08-20-2011 09:41 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kungfro
I'm comparing movement with the WASD keys to an analog stick.


Ohhhhhhh. My bad then man.

Well, yeah, I completely agree then. :roll:

JaskoX1 08-20-2011 10:05 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by N0Skillz
It is 100x Time easier to aim with a mouse then it is with a stick. That is a huge advantage 0.o

Exactly.

I can't even go back to Battlefield on consoles.

Only thing I play a controller with on PC are for a game like Batman AA, NBA or GTA.

ballup 08-20-2011 10:16 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kungfro
I think movement is actually better with controllers, since the analog stick gives you better control over direction and movement speed. Aiming however is definetly better with a mouse.

Agreed. Also, looking around while performing other actions is much easier.

Draz 08-21-2011 03:38 AM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
I wanna check out fps on pc. I might do this tmw..

crosso√er 08-21-2011 01:03 PM

Re: PC gamers destroy console gamers in crossplatform tests
 
No casual gamer still plays PC; most gaming nerds prefer PC though.
Even in University, I had arcade rooms and it was all geeks sitting around 14 computers playing counterstrike or some other random shooter for literally hours. :facepalm


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy