Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Turtle beaches headphones (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233648)

GOBB 08-30-2011 09:15 PM

Turtle beaches headphones

Earforce x11. Anyone have these or turtle beaches in general? I don't hear much difference and I should correct? Perhaps I didn't hook them up properly? Most People with them hear stuff u normally don't on reg set.

pete's montreux 08-30-2011 09:19 PM

Re: Turtle beaches headphones

Why not go for the X12?

GOBB 08-30-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Why not go for the X12?

Best buy didn't have them. U think I'm hooking them up wrong? I popped in call of duty and didn't hear anything different

Maniak 08-30-2011 11:15 PM

You're supposed to be able to hear in game sound. I don't know what you did wrong, but it was something. Look it up. I'm not a turtlebeach guy, as(aside from the expensive PX5) they're the third tier gaming headset.

Draz 08-30-2011 11:21 PM

I have turtle beach x11 headsets. You definitely hooked them up wrong. You need to also have a converter I have one. You need to connect the red and white cords into the converter or whatever that connects to the back of the xbox and the tv. Then the green wire has to be plugged in with the headsets.

Kungfro 08-30-2011 11:28 PM

Gonna do a bit of sound whoring? I guess if you can't beat em, join em, can't say I haven't thought about it. You should try DatDudeD, I remember him picking up a pair of Turtle beaches, I'm sure he might know.

GOBB 08-30-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
You're supposed to be able to hear in game sound. I don't know what you did wrong, but it was something. Look it up. I'm not a turtlebeach guy, as(aside from the expensive PX5) they're the third tier gaming headset.

:oldlol: Third tier, damn. I have no clue, I just needed a headset because those regular headphones sucked ass. Couldnt keep paying $20 a pop

Maniak 08-30-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
:oldlol: Third tier, damn. I have no clue, I just needed a headset because those regular headphones sucked ass. Couldnt keep paying $20 a pop

Real Headset =

Turtlebeaches are fine, just not the best. I don't even have a headset that plays game audio.

GOBB 08-31-2011 07:24 AM

Damn what the hell are those :oldlol:

I figured out the problem forgot to connect a piece. Too many wires. Yours wireless which looks cool but I'm sure you paid more than $50 for them correct?

Maniak 08-31-2011 11:51 AM

Those are the astro a40s. They're what is worn at MLG events. I was going to get them, but I haven't played my PS3 or 360 in like a month so I don't find a point in getting one. They're like $250 iirc.

I don't know why I can't use half of the headsets in the world on the ps3. Apparently theres an USB adapter you can get so you can hear game sound through almost any headset on the ps3.

GOBB 08-31-2011 12:41 PM

Yeah screw that I'll buy a PS3 than get those headphone. Thats too much money. Definatetly reserved for those hardcore gamers who compete for money and stuff.

Maniak 08-31-2011 01:31 PM

Those are ps3 and 360 headphones. Most headsets you can get are both.

Maniak 08-31-2011 01:31 PM

I don't know why this got so off-topic.

Were you able to get your x11s working properly?

GOBB 08-31-2011 01:47 PM

Yeah, there was a piece I didnt connect. So when I went to connect it the headphones started working. Quite a few wires just to use some headphones for my 360. But I got them to work now. :cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
Those are ps3 and 360 headphones. Most headsets you can get are both.

But for $250? No thanks. :oldlol:

DatDudeD 08-31-2011 03:49 PM

yeah man i have some they work great for me, i thought about getting some tritons or astros but honestly the x11s are a decent price and work very good. I dont plan on being a MLG pro so i am good with these. Whats up Kung and GOBB havent talked to you guys in a while, im getting another xbox in a few days so i will be back on.