Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Darrelle Revis vs. Nnamdi Asomugha (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233937)

ThaSwagg3r 09-03-2011 10:00 PM

Darrelle Revis vs. Nnamdi Asomugha

Who is the better CB of the two? I purposely left out Charles Woodson out of the discussion because he isn't really a lockdown corner but rather just a great all-around defensive player. CWood almost plays more like a Safety now a days then he does CB.

kaiiu 09-03-2011 10:02 PM

Re: Darrelle Revis vs. Nnamdi Asomugha

Revis

iggy> 09-03-2011 10:07 PM

Samuel

niko 09-03-2011 10:13 PM

It's Revis. It's not even close. It's not a diss, Asomugha is very very good. But the Jet defense is predicated on Revis playing one guy, that guy doing nothing ever, the entire game. And he is almost always succesful.

StateProperty 09-03-2011 10:30 PM

You know, when I was about 13 I stumbled across some message board called insidehoops. I thought it was cool that I could talk basketball and was eager to get my first topic up. I called it "Who is better: Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett?". I was ridiculed for having such a bland thread that had been debated to no end and was called every name in the book, likely by GOBB who was probably like 40 then.

This thread reminds me of that day. True story bro.

Brujesino 09-03-2011 10:59 PM

This is a new and very interesting topic.

Timmy D for MVP 09-03-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateProperty
You know, when I was about 13 I stumbled across some message board called insidehoops. I thought it was cool that I could talk basketball and was eager to get my first topic up. I called it "Who is better: Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett?". I was ridiculed for having such a bland thread that had been debated to no end and was called every name in the book, likely by GOBB who was probably like 40 then.

What year was that?

ace23 09-03-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

You're 13?

StateProperty 09-03-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
What year was that?

I'd guess around '03

StateProperty 09-03-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace23
You're 13?

I'll be 22 next month.

Heavincent 09-03-2011 11:47 PM

It's Revis IMO. His 09 season was one of the best seasons I have ever seen from a CB and his 2010 season was great too after week 5 (he had a hamstring injury at the beginning of the season). He's a pretty good tackler too.

ace23 09-03-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

I'll be 22 next month.

But you joined in 2010?

How long has ISH been around?

And GOBB joined in 06.

Carbine 09-03-2011 11:50 PM

Different flavors. I think Asomugha is better against certain wideouts than Revis is and vice versa.

KG215 09-04-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

But you joined in 2010?

And GOBB joined in 06.

He's the artist formerly known as Posterize.

ballinhun8 09-04-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

But you joined in 2010?

And GOBB joined in 06.

ISH moved boards in June 2006 that's why the earliest "join dates" you see are from June 2006.

But ISH moved from a different message board at that time. I remember joining the ISH boards back in the summer of 2001. But, idk how long it's been around since before then.