Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   EuroBasket 2011: Group E (Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, France, Serbia, Germany) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234065)

Grinder 09-05-2011 06:17 PM

EuroBasket 2011: Group E (Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, France, Serbia, Germany)

Talk about a stacked group.

[source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroBasket_2011]

Miller for 3 09-05-2011 06:21 PM

Re: Group E (Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, France, Serbia, Germany)

:wtf: :eek: :bowdown:

LBJDWADE63 09-05-2011 06:22 PM

Spain,Turkey,France and Serbia will advance.

Brunch@Five 09-05-2011 06:25 PM

hope that Germany steps it up so they beat Lithuania and Turkey.

madmax 09-05-2011 06:31 PM

France and Spain will obviously advance and from the rest I fancy serbs and liths the most. Turks and germans are too shaky and Nowitzki is getting older every day it seems

Euroleague 09-05-2011 06:49 PM

I will be surprised if Lithuania does not make it while playing at home. If the refs don't help Lithuania then they have a real complaint IMO. After that joke we saw last year in Turkey, where the refs helped the home team in every game but the final.

Turkey and Germany should be in trouble. No home cooking for Turkey like last year, and Germany is not as good as these other teams.

Theoo's Daddy 09-05-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euroleague
I will be surprised if Lithuania does not make it while playing at home. If the refs don't help Lithuania then they have a real complaint IMO. After that joke we saw last year in Turkey, where the refs helped the home team in every game but the final.

Turkey and Germany should be in trouble. No home cooking for Turkey like last year, and Germany is not as good as these other teams.

is greece qualifying ?? I read somewhere Corey maggette called the Geece national team to inspire them.

DuMa 09-05-2011 06:53 PM

stacked teams full of NBA talent. one group i will be watching for sure. Germany and Turkey wont advance however

Maga_1 09-05-2011 07:02 PM

The way that they are playing i think France, Spain and Serbia are a lock in this group. Then, the 4th position it will be another battle between the other three teams, but i think Germany as the worst % to pass.

Lithuania and Turkey are alternating with times of great basketball and other spaces where they can't make anything on offense. It's going to be good to watch this group.

Laimbeer_Rodman 09-05-2011 07:31 PM

Re: EuroBasket 2011: Group E (Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, France, Serbia, Germany)

Lithuania is the host .They are locked for 1/4
@Grinder
I think that everyone(xcept Germany-0 and France-4) carry 2 points

jamal99 09-05-2011 07:57 PM

Re: EuroBasket 2011: Group E (Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, France, Serbia, Germany)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laimbeer_Rodman
Lithuania is the host .They are locked for 1/4
@Grinder
I think that everyone(xcept Germany-0 and France-4) carry 2 points

You get 2 points for win and 1 point for loss, so the 1-1 teams have 3 points each.

I think that France, Spain, Serbia and Lithuania are going to 1/4. I'm kinda afraid of refs favoring Lithuanians (a lot) against us...

Euroleague 09-05-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamal99
You get 2 points for win and 1 point for loss, so the 1-1 teams have 3 points each.

I think that France, Spain, Serbia and Lithuania are going to 1/4. I'm kinda afraid of refs favoring Lithuanians (a lot) against us...

They pretty much have to. After what happened last summer, you know that Lithuania is expecting some help also.

Nero Tulip 09-06-2011 02:06 AM

Spain and France will advance.

Turkey will not, they're the weakest in the group IMO.

For the rest it's not that easy to tell. Serbia is really good, but they tend to lose silly games from time to time so you never know. And Lithuania, with home court advantage, should have an advantage. While Germany has a chance, they're at a disadvantage so it'll be hard.

So I'll say Spain/France/Serbia/Lithuania.

DonD13 09-06-2011 04:54 AM

France-Serbia was close.
I KNEW Parker would miss the last one. But how many steals did he have? Didn't saw the stats (and didn't heard because we had the audio off) but I'd guess a quarter million.

Nero Tulip 09-06-2011 05:46 AM

A quarter million and three, actually.