Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   What Bobcats should do with the 3d pick? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2346)

dwillreg 06-21-2006 04:47 PM

What Bobcats should do with the 3d pick?

I say draft Rudy Gay and look for a veteran shooting guard. I suppose Roy or Morrison wouldn't be bad options either

ZHAKIDD532 06-22-2006 08:31 AM

they should take Morrison, he's a beast offensively, can score so many ways. Wallace would be a good complement to him, along with Felton and Okafor.

dwillreg 06-22-2006 12:09 PM

Bobcats I think have to decide between Gay and Roy. If they draft Roy they could have Felton, Roy, Wallace, Okafor, Brezec, and May. That is a nice young core to start around.

disco 06-22-2006 12:39 PM

If Morrison is available, I think they should go for him.

Sportsmind 06-22-2006 01:05 PM

I wouldn't want to stunt the growth of Wallace, which is why I'm hesitant to draft Roy or Morrison. I continue the same focus they've had over the past two years and draft big and with a focus on defense. I swap with Toronto for their #1, one of their 2nd rounders and Alvin Williams for Brevin Knight and the #3rd pick and draft LaMarcus Aldridge. In 2007, they'll be some solid free agent shooting guards or I draft the best one in the '07 draft because everyone will be going big next year.

PG: Raymond Felton, Guillermo Diaz or Daniel Gibson (2nd Round Pick)
SG: Alvin Williams, Allan Ray (Toronto's 2nd round Pick)
SF: Gerald Wallace, Bernard Robinson
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge, Melvin Ely
C: Emeaka Okeafor, Sean May

traditionone 06-22-2006 01:08 PM

1. Brandon Roy
2. Adam Morrison
3. Rudy Gay
4. Trade down

Shooting guard is a huge need. Drafting Brandon Roy would allow them to keep Wallace as Small Forward. Morrison would bring offense and Gay has potential to be a really good player, but taking either one of them would mean Wallace would probably have to move to the backcourt. If all three are gone, trade down, collect extra picks and players.

wingspan 06-22-2006 01:31 PM

Morrison is a no brainer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsmind
I wouldn't want to stunt the growth of Wallace, which is why I'm hesitant to draft Roy or Morrison. I continue the same focus they've had over the past two years and draft big and with a focus on defense. I swap with Toronto for their #1, one of their 2nd rounders and Alvin Williams for Brevin Knight and the #3rd pick and draft LaMarcus Aldridge. In 2007, they'll be some solid free agent shooting guards or I draft the best one in the '07 draft because everyone will be going big next year.

PG: Raymond Felton, Guillermo Diaz or Daniel Gibson (2nd Round Pick)
SG: Alvin Williams, Allan Ray (Toronto's 2nd round Pick)
SF: Gerald Wallace, Bernard Robinson
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge, Melvin Ely
C: Emeaka Okeafor, Sean May

The Wallace was the leading scorer last year with 15 ppg. The team needs someone who can fill it up and is not scared to take the big shot and will possible attract a double team. Only one person in these draft can do that and that man is Adam Morrison. Any thing else is a wasted pick.

dwillreg 06-22-2006 02:13 PM

What do y'all think the chances of the Bulls drafting Roy is? I hope low because Roy would probally be the best fit. Roy I think is comparable to Manu Ginobli however you spell his name.

lawlerslaw100 06-24-2006 05:21 PM

Bobcats Need Offense

Drafting Morrison fits their needs the most. They are set at PF and PG and
have a decent C. Their needs are at SF and SG.

fatboy11 06-24-2006 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
Drafting Morrison fits their needs the most. They are set at PF and PG and
have a decent C. Their needs are at SF and SG.

How many games did Okafor and May play last season?

They aren't set at any position.

dwillreg 06-24-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
How many games did Okafor and May play last season?

They aren't set at any position.

That was just an unfortunate situation. Anyone can get hurt at anytime during a game and PF is one of the Bobcats deepest positions. Just because last season you two top power fowards got hurt doesn't mean you need to draft a power foward. The Bobcats should draft a shooting guard (Roy) and he could come in and strat right away. Morrison or Gay would give SF great depth but cause a potential issue in the future over playing time with Wallace. Maybe Morrison could play SG right away but I think he is more of a SF. Do you guys think Morrison could play SG in the NBA?

fatboy11 06-24-2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwillreg
That was just an unfortunate situation. Anyone can get hurt at anytime during a game and PF is one of the Bobcats deepest positions. Just because last season you two top power fowards got hurt doesn't mean you need to draft a power foward. The Bobcats should draft a shooting guard (Roy) and he could come in and strat right away. Morrison or Gay would give SF great depth but cause a potential issue in the future over playing time with Wallace. Maybe Morrison could play SG right away but I think he is more of a SF. Do you guys think Morrison could play SG in the NBA?

Okafor has a history of injury (in the NBA and college). Sean May missed a lot of time last year. Melvin Ely is a free agent.

I don't think they should pass on LaMarcus Aldridge.

dwillreg 06-24-2006 07:06 PM

Fatboy, you would take Aldridge over Gay, Morrison, and Roy assuming Bargnani and Thomas go 1st and 2nd? You're crazy.

dmenzion 06-24-2006 07:08 PM

i say charlotte takes brandon roy

then you are set and could be playoff team in about 2 or 3 years.

the whole team is young

Okafor
May
Wallace
Roy
Felton

dwillreg 06-24-2006 07:12 PM

My hapiness with Charlotte's pick
1.Roy
2.Gay
3.Morrison
4.Bargnani