Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Calvin Johnson (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235198)

AboveTheRim. 09-22-2011 01:25 PM

Calvin Johnson

4 tds through 2 games, obviously Matthew Stafford's favorite target, and one of the most (if not most) talented receiver in the league.

Can he get 20 tds this year?

I think it's a very real possibility, the lions offense has been pretty unstoppable in these first two games, and with how many endzone targets Calvin gets I think that this is a good possibility.

Thoughts?

tpols 09-22-2011 01:26 PM

Re: Calvin Johnson

Hopefully.. Him and Andre my two starting wideouts:rockon:

Carbine 09-22-2011 02:20 PM

15 is more realistic, but 20 is in the realm of possibility for someone of his talent.

MK2V1GP 09-22-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpols
Hopefully.. Him and Andre my two starting wideouts:rockon:

How'd you manage that? You must've had the last pick in the first round and the first pick of the second round.

In my league, I had the first overall pick. I took Peterson first overall, then I got Calvin Johnson, then turned around and got Greg Jennings. Then three rounds later I stole Brandon Marshall.

I always start Jennings, Megatron and Marshall each week.

AboveTheRim. 09-22-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
How'd you manage that? You must've had the last pick in the first round and the first pick of the second round.

In my league, I had the first overall pick. I took Peterson first overall, then I got Calvin Johnson, then turned around and got Greg Jennings. Then three rounds later I stole Brandon Marshall.

I always start Jennings, Megatron and Marshall each week.

Our teams are crazy similar, I have Peterson, Calvin, Mike Wallace and Brandon Marshall (I got lucky with AP though, traded Jamaal Charles and pierre thomas for peterson in between weeks 1 and 2)

GOBB 09-22-2011 04:23 PM

20 TDs? Hell nah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
Our teams are crazy similar, I have Peterson, Calvin, Mike Wallace and Brandon Marshall (I got lucky with AP though, traded Jamaal Charles and pierre thomas for peterson in between weeks 1 and 2)

Is the owner you traded with still alive? :oldlol:

I'm kicking myself for being too greedy. I was going to trade Charles Saturday, a day before Sunday. But I decided let me hold off because he may have a big day Sunday vs Detroit where I can get his pts but more importantly have someone convinced they want him really bad.

F*cker blows his knee out. Facepalm.

DuMa 09-22-2011 05:14 PM

20 is not possible unless u have brady throwing them to johnson. stafford isnt gonna last the whole season. i hope he will but its the lions, something is bound to go wrong. really all i expect from the lions is a good thanksgiving game every year. thats about it.

8BeastlyXOIAD 09-22-2011 05:37 PM

6-5 234lb 4.35Dashtime 42inchvert

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ROCSteady 09-22-2011 06:38 PM

Calvin's my dude. I hope he has a HOF career. He's like someone you would create on Madden. Seems pretty humble too.

AboveTheRim. 09-22-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
20 is not possible unless u have brady throwing them to johnson. stafford isnt gonna last the whole season. i hope he will but its the lions, something is bound to go wrong. really all i expect from the lions is a good thanksgiving game every year. thats about it.

I disagree on the Brady part. I really feel like Stafford is going to have a breakout year and stay injury free, our o-line has gotten considerably better every year for the past 3 years and with Stafford healthy I could see Calvin getting around 20.

AboveTheRim. 10-02-2011 05:49 PM

BUMP

8 touchdowns through 4 games.

Calvin...mother effing...Johnson

TrueAristotle 10-02-2011 05:51 PM

Best WR in the league IMO.

DuMa 10-02-2011 05:52 PM

well i think i could be wrong. every time the lions are on the goal line, that throw up in the air to megatron is the best play they have. so 20TDs isnt out of reach.

it shouldnt matter if stafford is hurt or not, any idiot QB can make that throw.

crosso√er 10-02-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
BUMP

8 touchdowns through 4 games.

Calvin...mother effing...Johnson

:bowdown:

Him and Fitz are clearly above everyone else to me at this point. Followed by guys like Andre, S. Smith and Welker.

TrueAristotle 10-02-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
well i think i could be wrong. every time the lions are on the goal line, that throw up in the air to megatron is the best play they have. so 20TDs isnt out of reach.

it shouldnt matter if stafford is hurt or not, any idiot QB can make that throw.

He is about as automatic of a TD in the goal line as Randy Moss was in his prime.