Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kyrie Irving needs a few more months for foot to heal (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235343)

insidehoops 09-24-2011 05:18 PM

Kyrie Irving needs a few more months for foot to heal

Skim the latest on Kyrie Irving here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8323

What's your take on him? Is he a future star? Did the Cavs do the right thing taking him #1 overall?

iDunk 09-24-2011 05:34 PM

Re: Kyrie Irving needs a few more months for foot to heal

I think the Cavs made a huge mistake.

They should've drafted Derrick Williams first and then with the 4th if they still want a PG then go ahead and draft Kemba Walker. I think Walker will have a better career than Irving.

A Walker/Williams duo for the future actually sounds pretty good.

SpecialQue 09-24-2011 06:05 PM

As if there's gonna be any games for him to play in the next few months.

SunsCaptain 09-24-2011 06:11 PM

Derrick Williams was the way to go. But I am happy by the way it worked out, Because I am going to really enjoy watching the T-wolves next season. I wouldnt have been as excited for the Cavs.

T-wolves 2012!

:hammertime:

chips93 09-24-2011 07:31 PM

to people saying kemba - the dude is tiny, how many good pgs are as small as walker. i wish him all the best, he was so much fun to watch at uconn this past year, but hes just too short, hes not a great playmaker, and his 3pt shooting is very streaky.

and derrick williams doesnt have a defined nba position. what exactly do we know for sure that williams can do? can he score down low against nba defenders? i think he should be a good stretch 4, averaging close to 20 a game at his peak, but hes not the prospect irving is.

Clippersfan86 09-24-2011 08:09 PM

The savior of the Cavs and next CP3 :roll: :oldlol:

bagelred 09-24-2011 08:55 PM

so now Irving is a bust because his foot is still healing?

:hammerhead:

We'll come back to this thread a year from now......

RRR3 09-24-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chips93
to people saying kemba - the dude is tiny, how many good pgs are as small as walker. i wish him all the best, he was so much fun to watch at uconn this past year, but hes just too short, hes not a great playmaker, and his 3pt shooting is very streaky.

and derrick williams doesnt have a defined nba position. what exactly do we know for sure that williams can do? can he score down low against nba defenders? i think he should be a good stretch 4, averaging close to 20 a game at his peak, but hes not the prospect irving is.

CP3, the best PG in the NBA.

senelcoolidge 09-25-2011 12:29 AM

I don't think Irving will be a perennial All Star. He could be a solid PG at best or just a guy that will fizzle out. One thing he has over recent point guards like Wall and Rose is that he's coming into the league already a good shooter. He's just not as quick and athletic as those two. He will not put up stellar numbers. He will be good, but not great. I think other guys from this draft will have much better careers than Irving.

UtahJazzFan88 09-25-2011 12:31 AM

Oh gawd, it's panic time! Cavs fans better panic when they see him on the SIDELINES of his court at home in November while the lockout continues.

hawkfan 09-25-2011 01:50 AM

Irving will have until fall of 2012 to get well. Should be fine.

OmniStrife 09-25-2011 02:03 AM

Derrick Williams, Kanter > Irving

Go Getter 09-25-2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDunk
I think the Cavs made a huge mistake.

They should've drafted Derrick Williams first and then with the 4th if they still want a PG then go ahead and draft Kemba Walker. I think Walker will have a better career than Irving.

A Walker/Williams duo for the future actually sounds pretty good.

Irving is a tier above Walker and it looks like most everyone besides you can see that.

chips93 09-25-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
The savior of the Cavs and next CP3

first time i've ever heard of him being a 'savior' or 'the next cp3' :confusedshrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRR3
CP3, the best PG in the NBA.

rose
paul
williams
westbrook
parker
rondo
nash

kemba is shorter than all of these guys. kemba cant pass as well as any of those guys. its idiotic to think kemba is a better prospect than irving. hes quick and can score in the paint against ncaa bigs, and can get separation from ncaa guards, nothing of his game is definitively translatable e to the nba.

Hondo 09-25-2011 07:20 AM

Derrick Williams and Kemba Walker/ Brandon Knight were the correct picks to make.

I still have trouble remembering Tristan Thompson's name. SOunds like a WNBA player