Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Batman Arkham City: "One of the best games ever made" 10/10 score (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236468)

Clippersfan86 10-09-2011 08:46 PM

Batman Arkham City: "One of the best games ever made" 10/10 score

It's being hailed as one of the best and most perfect games ever.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...first-verdict/

This game is getting incredible reviews all across the board. As I predicted a few months ago Arkham City is going to be the dominant GOTY winner in 2011. Forget Uncharted. I'm buying it opening day.

Presentation: Endlessly creative, perfectly moody, and technically flawless. This is Epic's Unreal engine pushed to its absolute limit.

Sound: Alternatively foreboding and frantic, the game's orchestral soundtrack matches the on-sccreen action perfectly. Voice acting is brilliant.

Controls: Complex and initially overwhelming but also logical and responsive. It'll take a while to get used to them, but once you do it feels perfectly natural flinging Batman around.

Replay Value: Immense. A massive main quest, dozens of side missions, Riddler challenges, secondary game modes, and DLC will keep most people occupied for months.

VERDICT: We can't imagine how a superhero game could be better than this. Absolutely sublime.

-Original- 10-09-2011 09:48 PM

Re: Batman Arkham City: "One of the best games ever made" 10/10 score

i played the first game, it was amazing. planning on playing this one. the only thing that throws me off is the no online multiplayer. also, i saw that the joker looks sick in this game.

Qwyjibo 10-10-2011 01:35 AM

I just finished Arkham Asylum and it was one of the best games I've ever played. I rarely say that.

I'm not going to pick up City just yet though. Have Dark Souls to play through plus a couple other pre-orders coming in November. I'll wait until there is a price drop for this.

bdreason 10-10-2011 04:38 AM

I'm getting it on PC to really max out the experience... but the PC version got delayed a month. I have plenty to play though. Haven't even touched Dark Souls yet, and I'm in the middle of Witcher 2. Which, by the way, is one of THE best games I've ever played. And I've played a lot games.

Clippersfan86 10-10-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
I'm getting it on PC to really max out the experience... but the PC version got delayed a month. I have plenty to play though. Haven't even touched Dark Souls yet, and I'm in the middle of Witcher 2. Which, by the way, is one of THE best games I've ever played. And I've played a lot games.

I'm sad Witcher 2 is lagging on console release! I heard it's right up my alley of gaming from friends. My laptop probably can't handle it...

nightprowler10 10-11-2011 11:34 AM

Seeing some of the rather frustrating reviews on 2K12, I'm thinking about picking this up instead and delay getting 2K12 till next month.

Clippersfan86 10-11-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Seeing some of the rather frustrating reviews on 2K12, I'm thinking about picking this up instead and delay getting 2K12 till next month.

Like this one?

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/gamere...5O0myvwNytpLXN

Or IGN's?? :D

nightprowler10 10-11-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

No, the one's on ISH about My Player. The ridiculous trades, no rookies, coupled with no NBA season, and me still having some fun with 2K11 demotes it from must-have to must-have next month for me. B:AC on the other hand sounds freakin' awesome.

Clippersfan86 10-11-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightprowler10
No, the one's on ISH about My Player. The ridiculous trades, no rookies, coupled with no NBA season, and me still having some fun with 2K11 demotes it from must-have to must-have next month for me. B:AC on the other hand sounds freakin' awesome.

They will patch up the lame trade AI hopefully. Honestly My Player is insanely good this year. I never feel bored and like I'm grinding like I did in 2K10 and 2K11. The ONLY flaw (it's a massive one) is the stupid trades. It makes it less fun and more unrealistic when you have new teammates every 5 games. Plus going from Kyle Lowry being your PG to Jordan Farmer for example isn't fun at all!

Nanners 10-11-2011 07:29 PM

I will probably check this out on gamefly. Hopefully its a little more sandboxy than the last one.

Clippersfan86 10-12-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanners
I will probably check this out on gamefly. Hopefully its a little more sandboxy than the last one.

Dude it's done in a GTA map sized city. Of course it's more sandbox. BTW.... Game Informer just gave this game a 10! This is going to be one of the GOAT games for sure.

http://gamingeverything.com/10356/ga...-review-is-in/

Clippersfan86 10-14-2011 03:16 PM

Have it all sorted out now. Blockbuster is getting 10 copies and I'm gonna be there before they open by a few mins and grab one of them. I'll eventually buy it... but may as well utilize my unlimited Blockbuster pass. I can keep it for as long as I want... will probably keep for a month.

Thorpesaurous 10-14-2011 03:48 PM

It's apparently huge. Game Informer's review is claiming they're about 60 hours in and 40% complete.

GOBB 10-14-2011 04:12 PM

60hrs in and only 40% complete? :wtf: Unless its similar to GTA because the main story missions only accounted for 60-63% of the 100%. The rest were side missions and tedious explorations/findings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Have it all sorted out now. Blockbuster is getting 10 copies and I'm gonna be there before they open by a few mins and grab one of them. I'll eventually buy it... but may as well utilize my unlimited Blockbuster pass. I can keep it for as long as I want... will probably keep for a month.

How do they let you keep a game for an entire month? What are you paying?

El Kabong 10-14-2011 04:18 PM

Not going to be able to get the game until November sometime. Ah well, i'm sure it'll be worth the wait.