Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Non hall-of-fame players who has had their jersey retired by an organization (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238189)

triangleoffense 10-29-2011 07:47 AM

Non hall-of-fame players who has had their jersey retired by an organization

Can anybody list somebody/some? Can't think of any atm.

Vienceslav 10-29-2011 07:53 AM

Re: Non hall-of-fame players who has had their jersey retired by an organization

I think the Cavs will retire Big Z.

MrRogers 10-29-2011 08:30 AM

Re: Non hall-of-fame players who has had their jersey retired by an organization

Tons. Jeff Hornacek in Utah.

Rake2204 10-29-2011 08:56 AM

Vinnie Johnson - Detroit Pistons
Bill Laimbeer - Detroit Pistons

Also

Johnny Moore - San Antonio Spurs
James Silas - San Antonio Spurs
Avery Johnson - San Antonio Spurs
Sean Elliott - San Antonio Spurs

pauk 10-29-2011 09:13 AM

Reggie Miller.... but he will be HOF

Locked_Up_Tonight 10-29-2011 09:28 AM

Brad Davis-Mavs

HylianNightmare 10-29-2011 11:30 AM

the fans- orlando

:facepalm:

senelcoolidge 10-29-2011 04:49 PM

There are so many...
Bob Love - Chicago
Larry Nance - Cleveland
Rolando Blackman - Dallas
Tim Hardaway - Miami
Malik Sealy - Minnesota
Buck Williams - NJ
Bobby Phills - NO
Jack Sikma - Seattle

Hondo 10-29-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
Brad Davis-Mavs

Worst retired jersey ever. Imagine retiring Jason "White Chocolate" Williams' number.

jbryan1984 10-30-2011 01:31 AM

There are plenty. I am not sure how many of the Cavs are HOF guys but they are all people who were important to our organization (Bingo, Price, Daugherty, Nance, etc). I am sure we will retire Z soon too because he was such an important part of us the last decade. I know the Lakers only retire HOFers but Derek Fisher should get his retired with them imo. He has just been such an important piece for so long and very clutch in the playoffs.

Meticode 10-30-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vienceslav
I think the Cavs will retire Big Z.

This and I think they should.

Locked_Up_Tonight 10-30-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Worst retired jersey ever. Imagine retiring Jason "White Chocolate" Williams' number.

But Brad Davis has been associated with the Mavericks for EVERY year of the existence, whether it be as a player, scout, coach, or broadcaster.

MrRogers 10-30-2011 11:48 AM

Vinnie Johnson gettin' his jersey bretired is outright comedy.

Richesly 10-30-2011 12:33 PM

Pacers should retire Jermaine O'Neal

Derka 10-30-2011 12:41 PM

Just going with the Celtics?

Cedric Maxwell, #31

Jim Loscutoff had retired #18, but that number was eventually given to Dave Cowens (who IS in the HoF and most C's fans consider 18 his number properly) and the banner for him now reads "Loscy." I guess he counts.