Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Aaron Brooks Signs in China (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239719)

Derrick 11-17-2011 06:05 PM

Aaron Brooks Signs in China

Dont have a link but saw it on sportscenter, he has to play the whole chinese season apparently. :rant

SunsCaptain 11-18-2011 06:56 PM

Re: Aaron Brooks Signs in China

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrick
Dont have a link but saw it on sportscenter, he has to play the whole chinese season apparently. :rant

I miss Dragic...

At least we get to see Zabian Dowdell play some more minutes if there is a season. I think he is pretty good. And will be good experience if we need him when Nash retires.

I am not to torn about this. Although....When he comes back does he even have a contract with us anymore? lol I mean can we still match offers and sign him or his he a completely free agent? :eek:

Then I would be angry.

Derrick 11-18-2011 11:31 PM

I like dowdell, hes quick, has good hands, i could see him developing if he worked on his shooting.

Sawbucks23 11-19-2011 01:27 PM

If Aaron Brooks left then I wouldn't be too broken up about it. I still wish the gave Dragic the whole season to decide if he was worth keeping or not. I'm still mad at the Suns office for throwing away the 23rd pick. If there's no season then the Suns should get rid of Nash and start over. I don't seeing Brooks being more than a spark off the bench so it's not a total loss to lose him. I also heard he wanted big money so forget about him. Outside his great season, he's just an off the bench player.

Derrick 11-20-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawbucks23
If Aaron Brooks left then I wouldn't be too broken up about it. I still wish the gave Dragic the whole season to decide if he was worth keeping or not. I'm still mad at the Suns office for throwing away the 23rd pick. If there's no season then the Suns should get rid of Nash and start over. I don't seeing Brooks being more than a spark off the bench so it's not a total loss to lose him. I also heard he wanted big money so forget about him. Outside his great season, he's just an off the bench player.

Eh hes quick but thats it. No defense and if we wanted someone to shoot 3s all day it would be Steve. When we rebuild I agree I dont see brooks in thep icture.

verylegit 11-21-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Eh hes quick but thats it. No defense and if we wanted someone to shoot 3s all day it would be Steve. When we rebuild I agree I dont see brooks in thep icture.

please. with the current front office the only rebuilding we'll do is acquire the cheapest FA's possible. the suns are the type to repaint a room and call it "newly renovated". :facepalm

Sawbucks23 11-21-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verylegit
please. with the current front office the only rebuilding we'll do is acquire the cheapest FA's possible. the suns are the type to repaint a room and call it "newly renovated". :facepalm

Verylegit, I couldn't agree more. If there's no hardcap in the future, there's no way we can compete. The Suns front office loves to give away draft picks, but complains about the team being old at the same time. Not trying to trade Nash last season was a big mistake along with getting rid of Dragic for Brooks. :facepalm

verylegit 11-23-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawbucks23
Verylegit, I couldn't agree more. If there's no hardcap in the future, there's no way we can compete. The Suns front office loves to give away draft picks, but complains about the team being old at the same time. Not trying to trade Nash last season was a big mistake along with getting rid of Dragic for Brooks. :facepalm

there moves never make sense. i was really upset at the aaron brooks move as well. seriously, the only player on our team with value is nash but other than that, our players are bench players who at their very peak would struggle to be good role players. its ridiculous. i don't see our team returning to 2005 level in the near future. the only championship this team could ever get is in the D league.

Sawbucks23 11-23-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verylegit
there moves never make sense. i was really upset at the aaron brooks move as well. seriously, the only player on our team with value is nash but other than that, our players are bench players who at their very peak would struggle to be good role players. its ridiculous. i don't see our team returning to 2005 level in the near future. the only championship this team could ever get is in the D league.

Verylegit, if or when the lockout ends, we are going to be bad for a long time. Nash and Hill are a year older. Gortat has some value outside of Nash along with Dudley and Frye who are solid role players. Josh Childress is over paid and everyone else is in the junk category. Hopefully Gani can translate his successes playing overseas to the NBA. If Brooks stays or goes makes no difference to me. It's going to be a long time before we even think about making a championship run. :cry:

Derrick 11-26-2011 01:10 PM

Now doesnt brooks feel stupid . :lol

SunsCaptain 11-26-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Now doesnt brooks feel stupid . :lol

:hammerhead: