Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Erik Dampier (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240)

hipballinjigga 06-04-2006 03:07 AM

Erik Dampier

Now that the Mavs are going to the finals to face the Miami Heat's center combo of Shaq and Mourning, do you think Dampier will get more playing time?

I understand he did not play a lot in this series because of slowness and size....but what do you think is going to happen with him in the next series?

mavsfan4zindagi 06-04-2006 03:09 AM

If you show a bigger pic of your avatar, I'll answer you.

Twiens 06-04-2006 03:10 AM

Im sure he'll get more playing time this series. Dampier and Diop will play a HUGE role in the finals. They'll need to slow down Shaq for the Mavs to have a chance. I think they'll do better than the Wallaces though. Ben is a great defender, but he's just so much small than Shaq. Dampier and Diop are huge, so there isn't THAT much of a size advantage.

Twiens 06-04-2006 03:11 AM

Yea seriously, post a bigger pic.

pizzahungry 06-04-2006 03:12 AM

he hasn't played poorly in the 2 games against the heat this year. 17pts & 6 rbs in the 1st game & 7pts & 11 rbs the 2nd. hopefully he stays out of foul trouble so he can get some mins & be productive.

hipballinjigga 06-04-2006 03:15 AM

Best I can do

MavsPoke 06-04-2006 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzahungry
he hasn't played poorly in the 2 games against the heat this year. 17pts & 6 rbs in the 1st game & 7pts & 11 rbs the 2nd. hopefully he stays out of foul trouble so he can get some mins & be productive.

Wait a second!! You can't post regular season stats against the Heat fans. They will just dismiss them as irrelevant. They will just point out that Shaq can't be stopped by anyone short of Juggernaught from the Xmen and even he would only slow down Shaq.

Don't even try this. I'm warning you. Heat fans are trying very hard to forget their teams regular season struggle against the best teams in the league.

hipballinjigga 06-04-2006 03:16 AM

yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzahungry

That is the thing. He continues to be foul prone. If he doesn't guard shaq during the upcoming series, I could see Dallas struggling.

mavsfan4zindagi 06-04-2006 03:25 AM

Thanks for the enlargement of the pic.

Dampier will definately get more minutes in this series and look for him to possibly start against Shaq.

Hopefully he can avoid foul trouble and allow the Mavs to double DWade rather then Shaq.

kumquat 06-04-2006 03:38 AM

I'll give diop and damp 15mins each to foul out against shaq. Shame DJ got suspended for going into the stands, the mavs are gonna need another big body.

pizzahungry 06-04-2006 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumquat
the mavs are gonna need another big body.

lol where is Pavel Podkolzin when you need him!!!:D

Jerm 06-04-2006 03:59 AM

Ericka will be whored by Shaq this series. Shaq will get rich off Ericka.

Spiderman08 24 06-04-2006 07:59 AM

The good thing for Mavericks is that they have 2 big centers that can guard Shaq one on one.
Dampier will definitely get more PT against Miami.

Go Dampier and Diop!!! Dallas twin towers.

Too bad Mbenga got suspended.

SupermanOnSteroids 06-04-2006 08:57 AM

Juggernaut from XMen can't even stop Shaq. He would foul out in less than a minute and keep yelling 'I'm the Juggernaut bitch' from the bench while ramming his head into the water cooler.

Mavs have no answer for Shaq. No on has any type of answer for a motivated Shaq. No one other than McDonalds.

The REAL Next KNICK 06-04-2006 02:56 PM

dallas might be screwed if dampier gets in early foul trouble, diop can't hold his own against shaq then his going to come off the bench and gaurd him? you can't put dirk on him that will get ugly in a minute, Dj is an idiot for going in the stands, his steroid ass could have contained shaq for 3 seconds to wait for the double team.