Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Syracuse fires associate head basketball coach Bernie Fine (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240453)

kentatm 11-27-2011 09:54 AM

Syracuse fires associate head basketball coach Bernie Fine

man this shit is twisted.

not only did the wife of Syracuse assistant coach Bernie Fine know that her husband was abusing boys, she also eventually slept with the initial accuser when he reached 18.

Listening to this audio of her admitting she knew was was going on is just disgusting. She seems to have rationalized everything away somehow.

LINK

Quote:

"I know everything that went on, you know," Laurie Fine said on the call, obtained by Outside the Lines from Davis. "I know everything that went on with him ... Bernie has issues, maybe that he's not aware of, but he has issues ... And you trusted somebody you shouldn't have trusted ... "

"Do you think I'm the only one that he's ever done that to?" Davis asked.

"No ... I think there might have been others but it was geared to ... there was something about you," Laurie Fine said.

"Yeah, that's what I'm wondering," Davis said. "Like I'm wondering why I was like the worst one."

"I don't know," Fine said.

Later in the call, Fine tells Davis that she wanted to come to his defense but she just wasn't capable of it.

"Because I care about you, and I didn't want to see you being treated that way ... ," Fine said.

"Yeah," said Davis.

" And, it's hard ... " Fine said. "If it was another girl like I told you, it would be easy to step in because you know what you're up against. ... (When) it's another guy, you can't compete with that. It's just wrong, and you were a kid. You're a man now, but you were a kid then."

At another point in the call, Fine says of her husband: "You know, he needs ... that male companionship that I can't give him, nor is he interested in me, and vice versa."

"When he gave you the money, what does he want for that? He wants you to grab him or he wanted to do you?" she asked.

"He wanted to do me. He wanted me to touch him, too. He tried to make me touch him a couple of times. He'd grab my hand, and then I'd pull away, and then he'd put me in your bed, and then you know, put me down, and I'd try to go away, and he'd put his arm on top of my chest. He goes, 'If you want this money, you'll stay right here,' " Davis said.

"Right. Right ... ," Laurie Fine said. "He just has a nasty attitude, because he didn't get his money, nor did he get what he wanted. He didn't get ... "

Davis interrupted her at that point and said, "It's not about the money." To which Laurie Fine replied, "It's about the d---. I know that. So you're -- I'm just telling you for your own good, you're better off just staying away from him."

sunsfan1357 11-27-2011 02:48 PM

Re: Bernie Fine's wife had abuse concerns and admitted it on tape

I read about this too. Also said in the ESPN article that they've had the tape since 2003, but didn't do anything with it since no one corroborated the story. It took another accuser coming out for them to post this.

insidehoops 11-27-2011 11:05 PM

Re: Bernie Fine's wife had abuse concerns and admitted it on tape

Syracuse University fired associate head basketball coach Bernie Fine on Sunday in the wake of an investigation of child molestation allegations against him.

"At the direction of Chancellor Cantor, Bernie Fine's employment with Syracuse University has been terminated, effective immediately," Kevin Quinn, the school's senior vice president for public affairs, said in a statement.

The 65-year-old Fine was in his 36th season at his alma mater. He had the longest active streak of consecutive seasons at one school among assistant coaches in Division I.

Fine's firing comes in the wake of new revelations Sunday, including a third accuser. Syracuse had placed Fine on paid administrative leave when accusations first surfaced.

"The allegations that have come forth today are disturbing and deeply troubling. I am personally very shocked because I have never witnessed any of the activities that have been alleged," said Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim in a statement. "I believe the university took the appropriate step tonight. What is most important is that this matter be fully investigated and that anyone with information be supported to come forward so that the truth can be found. I deeply regret any statements I made that might have inhibited that from occurring or been insensitive to victims of abuse."

-- Reported by ESPN.com

Dizzle-2k7 11-27-2011 11:40 PM

Re: Syracuse fires associate head basketball coach Bernie Fine

time to fire boeheim he had to have known this was going on..

fool even jumped to the media first day "he's lying he's lying." about the accuser. :oldlol:

Turkododo 11-28-2011 12:41 AM

this sh*t ain't happening at grambling, howard, famu, sc state, or morehouse. old black men might try to hook up with fine female students but they ain't tapping little boys. sorry, but that's the truth.

airchibundo507 11-28-2011 09:57 AM

Deeply saddening, but I'm sure more revelations will appear at other universities.

GOBB 11-28-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
time to fire boeheim he had to have known this was going on..

fool even jumped to the media first day "he's lying he's lying." about the accuser. :oldlol:

Boeheim did what anyone in his position would do. Defend someone whom he believed was telling him the truth. Which is the allegations were false. Boeheim also said anyone comparing this to the PSU is kidding themselves because he wasnt told anything by anyone. He said if it comes out that the asst Coach was lying, then he would seperate himself from him for good. But for now? He's giving him the benefit of the doubt. So how can you fault him for that? You cant. The dude lied and his wife in the phone convos even said to her husband that eventually your dirty secret will be made public because the two people who knew were the accuser and herself.

You call Boeheim a fool because in hindsight the truth was revealed. Anyone can do that.

niko 11-28-2011 02:41 PM

If people are wondering it the story could get more sordid, his wife was doing the kid while he was living there and that's part of what she did not want to come out.

UGH.

senelcoolidge 11-28-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turkododo
this sh*t ain't happening at grambling, howard, famu, sc state, or morehouse. old black men might try to hook up with fine female students but they ain't tapping little boys. sorry, but that's the truth.

pedophiles run in all races and sexes. humans are humans. but i kind of understand what you're saying.

kentatm 11-28-2011 06:23 PM

What I don't understand is ESPN sitting on this audio since 2002.

They claim its b/c they didn't have anyone to corroborate the story but...

they have the man's WIFE on tape admitting to a victim she knew he was molesting children.

really now, what more do you need?

Balla_Status 11-28-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turkododo

Yeah, black people smoke crack and shoot up random people on the streets. So much better.

Dizzle-2k7 11-29-2011 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Boeheim did what anyone in his position would do. Defend someone whom he believed was telling him the truth. Which is the allegations were false. Boeheim also said anyone comparing this to the PSU is kidding themselves because he wasnt told anything by anyone. He said if it comes out that the asst Coach was lying, then he would seperate himself from him for good. But for now? He's giving him the benefit of the doubt. So how can you fault him for that? You cant. The dude lied and his wife in the phone convos even said to her husband that eventually your dirty secret will be made public because the two people who knew were the accuser and herself.

You call Boeheim a fool because in hindsight the truth was revealed. Anyone can do that.

boeheim must be dumb as rocks to not know anything...even worse to defend this sick fukk despite allegations.

PowerGlove 11-30-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Yeah, black people smoke crack and shoot up random people on the streets. So much better.

I dont even...i dont understand why you are so quick to defend your race, not even understanding the fact that these kind of crimes are way more prevalent in the white community.

anyways, I want to know who else knew. If his wife was blabbing about it, someone other than fine, his wife and victims had to know.

Balla_Status 12-01-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerGlove
I dont even...i dont understand why you are so quick to defend your race, not even understanding the fact that these kind of crimes are way more prevalent in the white community.

anyways, I want to know who else knew. If his wife was blabbing about it, someone other than fine, his wife and victims had to know.

It was a stupid comment by a stupid poster. Someone that feels mad at white people so whenever he can get a shot in, he can.