Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @Sarcastic - why aren't the Grizzlies and Thunder included in free agent's wishlists? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240647)

gasolina 11-29-2011 08:50 AM

@Sarcastic - why aren't the Grizzlies and Thunder included in free agent's wishlists?

When both of them went deep into the playoffs and are still young. When you got players wanting the Heat, Mavs, Clippers, Bulls, Knicks, Lakers - all favorable big market teams? Heck Clippers didn't even get to the playoffs and players are lining up!

Whoever insists the bag markets don't have a competitive advantage in attracting players should shoot himself. The evidence is here.

InspiredLebowski 11-29-2011 08:55 AM

Re: @Sarcastic - why aren't the Grizzlies and Thunder included in free agent's wishlists?

Why is this not a PM and how the hell should he/she know?

gasolina 11-29-2011 10:39 AM

Re: @Sarcastic - why aren't the Grizzlies and Thunder included in free agent's wishlists?

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Why is this not a PM and how the hell should he/she know?

Rhetorical question actually. The mere fact that he doesn't have a response says it all.

He's been pushing the whole "big markets don't have an advantage over small markets when signing players". Honestly I don't even know if I'm being trolled or not. He seems like a decent poster but when the lockout started he just won't get off the players jocks

Clippersfan86 11-29-2011 11:01 AM

Now people are seeing why where you live DOES matter. It's equally as important to some players as the owners, teammates, coaches, money etc.

Sarcastic 11-29-2011 11:06 AM

First of all, have we seen everyone's "wishlist"?

Second of all, you know there is going to be backlash against the "hawkish" owners. Whose going to want to sign with a team that was trying to take away the player's money and mobility?

Sarcastic 11-29-2011 11:12 AM

The deal hasn't even been inked yet, but somehow NY, LA, and Chicago are going to land EVERY free agent :facepalm

Clippersfan86 11-29-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
The deal hasn't even been inked yet, but somehow NY, LA, and Chicago are going to land EVERY free agent :facepalm

And if they do?

Clippersfan86 11-29-2011 11:14 AM

I honestly do not think it's all too farfetched that the Clippers, Lakers, Bulls, Knicks and Nets somehow score every single big name available for trade/ signing. I don't see players flocking to Sacramento or Denver.

Sarcastic 11-29-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
And if they do?

Then props to them for figuring out a way to get around the CBA completely, and having $200+ million payrolls.

Clippersfan86 11-29-2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Then props to them for figuring out a way to get around the CBA completely, and having $200+ million payrolls.

How do you figure that one Sarcastic? Clippers and Nets have a ton of cap. Lakers, Bulls and Knicks have players expiring this year+ great amnesty options and even some trade pieces. Wouldn't take unlimited cap for this deal to work by any means. The Nets could fully eat CP3's or Dwight's salary right now and the Clippers have about 15 mill in cap.

Sarcastic 11-29-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
How do you figure that one Sarcastic? Clippers and Nets have a ton of cap. Lakers, Bulls and Knicks have players expiring this year+ great amnesty options and even some trade pieces. Wouldn't take unlimited cap for this deal to work by any means. The Nets could fully eat CP3's or Dwight's salary right now and the Clippers have about 15 mill in cap.

I said "EVERY" free agent.

CP3 and Dwight aren't even free agents.

Clippersfan86 11-29-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

I said "EVERY" free agent.

CP3 and Dwight aren't even free agents.

Then you misunderstood me. I said every BIG free agent OR TRADE. Meaning all of the big pieces available like Iggy, Dwight Howard, CP3 and a few free agents that are good like Nene, AK47, Prince will ALL end up in LA, NY, NJ or Chicago. Or I was at least saying it wouldn't surprise me.

Rnbizzle 11-29-2011 11:40 AM

Maybe it's because those teams have a relative large fanbase and therefore they are also posted about more..