Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   College Hoops 2k7... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24082)

braden. 12-30-2006 04:55 PM

College Hoops 2k7...

Is so much better of a game than NBA 2k7 it's ridiculous. On the court it plays a billion times smoother - the AI defense is actually realistic, if you're a guard on a big man you can blow by him instead of Shaq being in Iverson's pocket and not allowing anything. Also the stupid skating charge doesn't happen nearly as often, and if you attack the hoop you've gotta earn it, instead of a foul being called every time you hit the damn triangle button.

Furthermore, the crowd actually is somewhat ambient during the game. The halftime show actually talks about something that you are doing during the game. The Legacy options are infintely deeper than the Association ones on NBA.

And it was half the price.

KillaCrossover11 12-30-2006 05:18 PM

I just got Nba 2k7. To me its very good. The only thing i don't like about it that it has no freestyle stick. Plus i was using D.Wade on a fastbreak and some dude went in front of me and i couldn't like move not anything but shoot. College hoops 2k7 sounds very good. I might give it a try. What system are you talking about?

Jailblazers7 12-30-2006 05:23 PM

I have College Hoops coming in the mail right now i cant wait to play it.

braden. 12-30-2006 05:23 PM

I like NBA 2k7, but to me Hoops just blows it out of the water. I'm playing it on PS2, that's why I didn't say much about the graphics. I don't have the funds to be purchasing a PS3 just yet.

Quote:

I have College Hoops coming in the mail right now i cant wait to play it.
Why did you mail for it? I got mine for $25 CDN new at a local electronics store.

And you'll be happy with it - it's anything but NBA 2k7 transposed to college. They play much differently.

ALBballer 12-30-2006 05:43 PM

Hoops is a good game, except for these problems/bugs:

-Their is too much help defense on a player in the paint.
-If you play 2-2-1 defense on the inbound pass, you can easily steal the ball 50% of the time.
-On an inbound pass, it is too easy for your PG to go deep out for a hail mary pass and score the basket.
-Passing is stupid. Too easy to make long passes and if you have a defender near you, their is a good chance you'll hit a part of his body.
-In Legacy, the CPU Assisted Recruit doesn't work.

Jailblazers7 12-30-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braden.
I like NBA 2k7, but to me Hoops just blows it out of the water. I'm playing it on PS2, that's why I didn't say much about the graphics. I don't have the funds to be purchasing a PS3 just yet.

Why did you mail for it? I got mine for $25 CDN new at a local electronics store.

And you'll be happy with it - it's anything but NBA 2k7 transposed to college. They play much differently.

I got it in the mail cause i dont have time and im to lazy to go to the store. Im getting it for PS2 but am gonna get a 360 or PS3 once i get a little more money.

braden. 12-30-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

-Passing is stupid. Too easy to make long passes and if you have a defender near you, their is a good chance you'll hit a part of his body.
My biggest beef with it.

KillaCrossover11 12-30-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBballer

That isnt even close to NBA the life volume 2. I just played it on Ps3 at target and its hard to make a pass down court. they pick it off 75% of the time

bballer 01-01-2007 11:58 AM

they miss to many layups on the game

ThaKing 01-01-2007 02:20 PM

change the game sliders or just get better. Its the best sports game Ive ever played.