Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Saturday Night Football: Giants vs Skins (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24084)

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 12-30-2006 05:15 PM

Saturday Night Football: Giants vs Skins

Giants Take on The Skins at 8 In Washington.

Giants Injuries This Year

Jeremy Shockey
Michael Strahan
Luke Petitgute
LaVar Arrington
Amani Toomer
Justin Tuck
Frank Walker
Chad Morton

The Redskins are Still Without Clinton Portis and Shawn Springs.

Going to be a Great Game.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 12-30-2006 05:19 PM

re

even if the Giants win and get into the playoffs, no one is going to watch Eagles vs Giants next week.

dak121 12-30-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
even if the Giants win and get into the playoffs, no one is going to watch Eagles vs Giants next week.

Giants matchup pretty well with the Eagles. I'd give them a decent shot of pulling off an upset if they play each other next week.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 12-30-2006 05:31 PM

It's game time!

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 12-30-2006 05:41 PM

The Giants are still going to be a scary team to face in the playoffs.

If Eli Gets Going and Shockey and Plax are hot while Tiki's taking it to the house, we can give philly a scare.

Our Defense is what needs to step up.

No Lavar or Strahan.

Mathias Kiwanuka is proving to be better then mario williams, compare the numbers.

Osi Umenyiora is still one of the best DE's in the league.

Brandon Short, Antonio Pierce and Carlos Emmons is a good core of linebackers.

Sam Madison, Corey Webster, Will Demps, Gibril Wilson and RW Mcquarters must step up.

BlackVVaves 12-30-2006 05:45 PM

I think its the Giants defense and not offense that needs working on.

Should be an interesting game.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 12-30-2006 06:11 PM

re

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak121
Giants matchup pretty well with the Eagles. I'd give them a decent shot of pulling off an upset if they play each other next week.

not my point.

the NFL is going to protect this game by hiding it in the Sunday 1pm/4pm timeslot.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 12-30-2006 06:15 PM

Quote:

I think its the Giants defense and not offense that needs working on.

The Giants Defense always gets the team to third down then fatigue kills them down the stretch. New Orleans wore them out because our offense couldn't make plays and get to our own territory.

What i'm trying to say is out defense is left on the field to long. Offense is what needs help and it starts with eli manning. He needs to get accurate and it needs to be tonight.

West-Side 12-30-2006 06:15 PM

I'm watching this game for sure, if NY losses and GB losses....and Carolina wins, they make it to the playoffs.

GB are playing in Chicago, I don't know if Chicago will even try or have their starters this game...and NY aren't playing a great team...it's far fetched, either way I'm hoping Carolina puts an asswhooping in NO's to atleast leave a trademark for next season.

GOBB 12-30-2006 06:16 PM

I like how he lists all the injured players. For what????? :oldlol:

Giants have had a dissapointing season and may moonwalk into the playoffs.

Quote:

Upset? There is no upset when Eagles vs Giants play. Not sure what gave you that idea.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 12-30-2006 06:17 PM

GB isn't going to be able to handle chicago, starters or 2nd string. Carolina has been screwing up lately and now they go to new orleans a team who just whooped the giants and dallas asses.

If Giants Lose i see the rams getting in.

GOBB 12-30-2006 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
not my point.

the NFL is going to protect this game by hiding it in the Sunday 1pm/4pm timeslot.

Whats your point? Fans wont watch a mofo PLAYOFF game? :confusedshrug:

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 12-30-2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

I like how he lists all the injured players. For what?????

LaVar was just starting to get his game together after the big 1st half against dallas.

Toomer was having a great year, very good year.

Justin Tuck was our Key DE when Osi and Strahan were out, he would have played with kiwi instead we put a defensive tackle in william slow ass joseph out there.

Giants vs Eagles is no upset, that game is a toss up between to power houses. Always exciting game.

Our Coaching is the Reason also.

dak121 12-30-2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Upset? There is no upset when Eagles vs Giants play. Not sure what gave you that idea.

Giants will be underdogs in the playoff game if they play each other.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Giants vs Eagles is no upset, that game is a toss up between to power houses. Always exciting game.

Powerhouses? In the overrated NFC East?

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 12-30-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Giants will be underdogs in the playoff game if they play each other.

I know what your saying but giants vs eagles is going to come down the wire despite the records, every year it has.