Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   When Amare returns... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2411)

wally_world 06-22-2006 01:42 AM

When Amare returns...

will he take control over the team so much that other team members do not have a chance to peroform as well???

lets say the team averages 110ppg...

Amare averages 28ppg, that means other players will have less ppg...

people like Marion, Diaw, Thomas, Nash, Bell, Barbosa...

do you think it's OK, or what?

Rab 06-22-2006 03:04 AM

I think there are too many other scorer's on the team for him to average 28 a game first of all. Second of all, his knee might not allow him to be that good ever again. He might have to defer more to other players.

albertpujols 06-22-2006 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rab
I think there are too many other scorer's on the team for him to average 28 a game first of all. Second of all, his knee might not allow him to be that good ever again. He might have to defer more to other players.

Agreed. On the season, he struggled with the up-tempo style of play, and really did not get into the flow of things.

BlackVVaves 06-23-2006 01:53 AM

He will probably average around 20-22 per game. Although he is capable of more, its just not needed. His injury also will force him to develop a more varied arsenal of post moves, which will widen his game. I think PHX will have a totally different look next year. We will be able to finally show teams that are team is VERY capable of playing defense, which will be the case once Kurt gets back. Also, PHX will not have to live and Die with their jumper. Amare will be there to give them another option of scoring, something that caught up with them in the playoffs. Teams will not have to think more in depth when applying defensive schemes to PHX, especially with Diaw beginnnig to develop a jumper.

sixty 06-28-2006 02:29 PM

I think the next year the Suns should be very consistent, with a lot of scoring options and with Stat, Kurt defending the paint it should be a great year for Suns (and us, Suns fans :rolleyes: )

BTW: I am still hoping that Nikolaz will develop in a player that he was projected...

Rab 06-28-2006 03:41 PM

Quote:

BTW: I am still hoping that Nikolaz will develop in a player that he was projected...

The Suns have also informed Dijon Thompson that they will not pick up his option for a second season and same scenario is likely for forward/center Nikolas Tskitishvili. That leaves roster spots to work with as the team welcomes back Amaré Stoudemire, pursues Tim Thomas in free agency and seeks more quality depth despite a limited money pool.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/tribune_060623.html

It doesn't look like it'll happen here.

XxNeXuSxX 06-28-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albertpujols
Agreed. On the season, he struggled with the up-tempo style of play, and really did not get into the flow of things.

Ugh? How do you think that, it seemed like he flourished in that play.

sixty 06-29-2006 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rab
The Suns have also informed Dijon Thompson that they will not pick up his option for a second season and same scenario is likely for forward/center Nikolas Tskitishvili. That leaves roster spots to work with as the team welcomes back Amaré Stoudemire, pursues Tim Thomas in free agency and seeks more quality depth despite a limited money pool.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/tribune_060623.html

It doesn't look like it'll happen here.

I thought that Nikolas will remain a Sun - DiAntony was his coach when he was playing in Italy... He is probably playing for the minimum.... so WTF?

sunsfan8406 06-29-2006 01:08 PM

The SUNS aren't going to sign Tskitishvili because he sucks...

sixty 06-29-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsfan8406
The SUNS aren't going to sign Tskitishvili because he sucks...

Ok. But still Di'Antony was very high on him.... If Denver wouldn't draft Nikoloz, Phoenix would. That is a fact... Di'Antony was very clear on that.

Rab 06-29-2006 04:14 PM

Yeah, he talked about him being a project, but there is just way too many better players on this team. He'll never sniff the court during big games.

Zombles 06-29-2006 04:35 PM

Nash won't have to score 20, Marion's PPG should go down as should TT's. Other scoring averages will drop a bit here and there, I doubt House and Jones average double figures again.

I don't think he'll dominate the ball right after coming back from an injury but mid-50% FGP with 18-22 a game seems about right.

sunsfan8406 06-29-2006 08:17 PM

house and jones aren't going to be back next year, so you won't have to worry if they are going to score in double figures...

Walker 06-30-2006 02:33 AM

Here's a thought I had late last night. Matrix for Ben Wallace in a sign and trade (with other minor parts to make it fit). Oooo I like that idea :applause:

sixty 07-01-2006 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walker
Here's a thought I had late last night. Matrix for Ben Wallace in a sign and trade (with other minor parts to make it fit). Oooo I like that idea :applause:

I am sorry, but this would be the stupidest trade ever IMO.

-Wallece is OLD.
-Wallece CAN'T play OFFENSE
-Wallece COULDN'T RUN the floor
-Matrix makes about 15mil.$, Wallece will make about 15mil., so there in no point in this becuse the only reason the Suns would have to trade Shawn is becuse they want to sign (resign) Diaw and Barbosa.
-If Wallece would come to Phoenix it would make a big position jam...
Diaw, Studemire, K Thomas, Wallece, T Thomas would have to share 4 and 5

Are you serious? :wtf: