Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Broncos will have a top-7 pick in the NFL draft!! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24130)

IversonMelo2K7 12-30-2006 11:13 PM

Broncos will have a top-7 pick in the NFL draft!!

Could be as high as top 5, depending on tomorrow. Thanks Washington for agreeing to swap first-rounders with us before the season in the TJ Duckett trade. Suckers. hahahaha. haha. ha.

TheBynumProject 12-30-2006 11:22 PM

Yup. Redskins are the most valuable team in the NFL, yet have management that is among the worst in the league year in and year out.

Mike Shanahan is especially good at raping them, witness the Portis/Bailey trade. Not only is Bailey a better player, he has a better attituade AND plays a much more valuable position ie elite corners are very hard to find.

dak121 12-30-2006 11:24 PM

Redskins are the Knicks of the NFL when it comes to payroll and trades. No teams do it worse than they do.

mavsfan4zindagi 12-30-2006 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IversonMelo2K7
Could be as high as top 5, depending on tomorrow. Thanks Washington for agreeing to swap first-rounders with us before the season in the TJ Duckett trade. Suckers. hahahaha. haha. ha.

Why would Denver get a draft pick when it was Atlanta that traded Duckett to Washington?

TheBynumProject 12-30-2006 11:26 PM

It was a three-way trade. Duckett went for ATL to WASH, Ashley Lelie form DEN to ATL, and a WASH third-rounder to DEN, plus the option to swap first-rounders.:cheers: :pimp: :pimp:

TheBynumProject 12-30-2006 11:28 PM

Expectations were pretty high for the Skins coming into the season. They obviously didn't think they'd be giving Denver a high pick.

mavsfan4zindagi 12-30-2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBynumProject
It was a three-way trade. Duckett went for ATL to WASH, Ashley Lelie form DEN to ATL, and a WASH third-rounder to DEN, plus the option to swap first-rounders.:cheers: :pimp: :pimp:

:roll: Skins continue to be a joke.

Maximum310 12-30-2006 11:30 PM

Isnt this a OFF TOPIC thread!!
There is an OT forum you know.

Broncos SUCK!!

TheBynumProject 12-30-2006 11:32 PM

Broncos own all.:banana:

GOBB 12-30-2006 11:33 PM

Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett are options. M.Lynch at RB is one as well.

Who knows what Denver does.

TheBynumProject 12-30-2006 11:35 PM

Even with Rod Smith on the decline, the emergance of Brandon Marshall, the rookie third-rounder, has made reciever less of a pressing need. Javon Walker has successfully replaced Lelie. (duh)

GoldNugg21 12-30-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Even with Rod Smith on the decline, the emergance of Brandon Marshall, the rookie third-rounder, has made reciever less of a pressing need. Javon Walker has successfully replaced Lelie. (duh)

More than replaced, he's what Lelie failed to ever be and more. He's like Lelie and Rod Smith in one. Which is good, cause Rod just aint himself this year.

GOBB 12-30-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

You obviously lack a clue when it comes to football and team needs. WR is an area of need. Anyone who thinks Denver doesnt need help at WR is clueless. Are you?

TheBynumProject 12-30-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

More than replaced, he's what Lelie failed to ever be and more. He's like Lelie and Rod Smith in one. Which is good, cause Rod just aint himself this year.
Yeah, no doubt, thats why I included the duh at the end.:D

I think Rod Smith is close to being done. I hope he doesn't try a Rice and hang on too long, hes done too much for the team, he deserves to retire with some pride. I think he's a hall of famer.

TheBynumProject 12-30-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

You obviously lack a clue when it comes to football and team needs. WR is an area of need. Anyone who thinks Denver doesnt need help at WR is clueless. Are you?

What the hell, I never dismissed it as a need, I simply pointed out that it is LESS of a need with Marshall stepping in. Had he not come around, it would have been a GLARING need. :no: