Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Why are the Knicks looking to get old bums? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241689)

MightyWhitey 12-07-2011 06:00 PM

Why are the Knicks looking to get old bums?

Grant Hill?
Jeff Foster?

Are we serious? Maybe the Knicks could persuade Bill Cartwright to come out of retirement while they're at it :facepalm

franchize 12-07-2011 06:02 PM

Re: Why are the Knicks looking to get old bums?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Grant Hill?
Jeff Foster?

Are we serious? Maybe the Knicks could persuade Bill Cartwright to come out of retirement while they're at it :facepalm

I think that's why Phil Jackson retired as a coach.Knicks want to bring him back as a player

percelloveknicks 12-07-2011 07:54 PM

I agree, the Knicks are the only team that wanted jared jeffries, im sorry man i hate jeffries. I think sheldon williams is booty as hell, so is foster, what is he? a hundred!!!, i understand FO is trying to save money for next year, but everybody is going after good players, like jason richardson, and caron butler, and nene and etc etc etc. i dont want to lose again this year.

Nickel06 12-07-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Grant Hill?
Jeff Foster?

HMMM maybe cus we have NO F***ING CAP SPACE!!!! Who the hell do you suggest we get??? Tyson FRICKIN Chandler for way too much money??? I mean really who??? Nene for waaay too much for a position already taken??? I mean cmon get real!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 12-08-2011 06:05 AM

Quote:

Grant Hill?
Jeff Foster?

Veterans that would help our team and especially help come playoff time, that's why.

blablabla 12-08-2011 09:12 AM

we'll probably sign 1 or 2 vets and spend the rest of the money for a younger player

Rameek 12-08-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel06
HMMM maybe cus we have NO F***ING CAP SPACE!!!! Who do you suggest we get??? I mean cmon get real!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I cleaned it up a bit but its quite clear in some of the other threads that the Knick's fans dont realize the cap situation. 3 (Melo, Stat, Billups) players are taking up roughly 51 million dollars of the cap... You have 7 players under contract lets just say those guys adds up to 7 mill.... what is the cap space left? pretty much $0.

Now the Knicks will have some players coming off the books for the summer 2012 Billups and Walker. This is the money the Knicks project to get a 3rd superstar.

This is why the Knicks are only looking to add veteran minimum 1 year contracts and possibly part of the MLE.

I think this is fairly accurate but if I am off based someone can correct it. But this is why the Knicks are looking at OLD BUMS.

franchize 12-08-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Veterans that would help our team and especially help come playoff time, that's why.

Jeffries LOST us a playoff game....Argument invalid!

Just because you have limited cap space,doesn't mean you have to go out and get bums. Why not go out and get young guys to play here. WTF is the purpose of getting Harrelson,Jeffries, having Turiaf, AND getting Kurt Thomas or Jeff Foster.We all know they can't do anything except rebound and SOMETIMES defend. Why do you need 4 guys like that on your roster? I'd rather take a chance on a young undrafted guy with potential and hope maybe he can develop instead of getting guys who you KNOW suck. Why not get guys like Terrance Jennings who went undrafted?No, you go get guys like jorts and Jeffries who you know have a low ceiling in terms of potential. I like Kurt Thomas,but have you seen him lately. He looks like Oliver Miller. He's fat as ****.I'd rather sign Kris Humphries than go and get Jeff Foster lol. He's a better rebounder IMO :oldlol:

Rameek 12-08-2011 10:01 AM

You cant bring in young guys because the first games are in 2 weeks. You need people that can pick up the system that has experience. Under other circumstances I think the Knicks would bring in some younger players but in a strike shortened season with no camp you gotta get all veterans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Jeffries LOST us a playoff game....Argument invalid!

Just because you have limited cap space,doesn't mean you have to go out and get bums. Why not go out and get young guys to play here. WTF is the purpose of getting Harrelson,Jeffries, having Turiaf, AND getting Kurt Thomas or Jeff Foster.We all know they can't do anything except rebound and SOMETIMES defend. Why do you need 4 guys like that on your roster? I'd rather take a chance on a young undrafted guy with potential and hope maybe he can develop instead of getting guys who you KNOW suck. Why not get guys like Terrance Jennings who went undrafted?No, you go get guys like jorts and Jeffries who you know have a low ceiling in terms of potential. I like Kurt Thomas,but have you seen him lately. He looks like Oliver Miller. He's fat as ****.I'd rather sign Kris Humphries than go and get Jeff Foster lol. He's a better rebounder IMO :oldlol:

bluechox2 12-08-2011 10:01 AM

grant hill though is a good pickup

but i think we need young guys manning the center, but kurt thomas is still tough as fuc k

we should get thabeet from the rockets, im sure he is available
cash considerations and bill walker :confusedshrug:

franchize 12-08-2011 10:02 AM

Alexis Ajinca, Earl Clark, Terrence Jennings, Ike Diogu, Ryan Hollins, Chris Wilcox....All guys who could be cheap solutions to our big man problem and will more than likely be willing to sign one year deals if necessary.

Rameek 12-08-2011 10:21 AM

Pretty obvious my post got ignored.... :facepalm :roll:

knickscity 12-08-2011 11:28 AM

We need bodies plain and simple.

I'm sure the Knicks are looking at young guys as well, but we need guys who can step right in and fill roles.

Grant Hill knows the system and is a good defender and a respected vet.

Whatever big men we sign must address post defense and rebounding.

I don't care the age as long as they can do it.

If it takes 4 vet mins to equal the job getting done, I'm all for it.

franchize 12-08-2011 06:30 PM

4 bums or one bum...all the same. This isnt power rangers.They dont get to morph into a decent player.They have bodies at the graveyard too n I bet some of the mcan make a layup better than Jeffries lol :cry:

bluechox2 12-09-2011 10:02 AM

pg - ?? shrumpert (b-diddy) temporarily
sg - hill, douglas
sf - melo, fields
pf - amare
c - chandler

who else should we get