Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tayshaun Prince staying in Detroit (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241807)

InspiredLebowski 12-08-2011 01:56 PM

Tayshaun Prince staying in Detroit

https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/144852212017934336
Quote:

Tayshaun Prince will sign a four year, $27 million dollar deal to stay with Detroit, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Figured it was probably best for both sides to move on, but whatever.

Kblaze8855 12-08-2011 02:00 PM

Re: Tayshaun Prince staying in Detroit

If hes happy there I guess he doesnt need to ever be seen outside his local market again.

AI3Anthony 12-08-2011 02:00 PM

Very interesting Tayshaun.. Loyal player to fan and city

DStebb716 12-08-2011 02:01 PM

Going to be overpaid. Prince doesn't have much of a game left in my opinion.

Rnbizzle 12-08-2011 02:02 PM

I don't understand this on his part, I can see a lot of teams being willing to sign him.

AMISTILLILL 12-08-2011 02:02 PM

What is this guys deal? I'm all about staying true to your team and all, but nobody would fault this guy for moving on to greener pastures. He'd be a real difference maker for a handful of teams on the outside of the contender bubble.

Clippersfan86 12-08-2011 02:05 PM

Bummer. Figured it would happen because unlike other free agent SF's... he hasn't been involved in a single rumor or met with another team.

percolator 12-08-2011 02:15 PM

Terrible move by Dumars. He needs to let the 00's team go, it's been over for a long time. He is excessively loyal to these guys. And what message are you sending your young players when you keep around the veterans who revolted against the coach?

They have Austin Daye ready to step in at SF, a younger, cheaper version of Prince. They have Greg Monroe, a promising young big man. Brandon Knight. Embrace the youth movement.

Would anybody be surprised if they re-signed Stuckey now too? It would be a typical Dumars move.

Meticode 12-08-2011 02:17 PM

That was surprising.

Droid101 12-08-2011 02:20 PM

DUMARS STRIKES AGAIN!

G.O.A.T 12-08-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percolator
Terrible move by Dumars. He needs to let the 00's team go, it's been over for a long time. He is excessively loyal to these guys. And what message are you sending your young players when you keep around the veterans who revolted against the coach?

That message was already sent, the coach was fired.

Quote:

They have Austin Daye ready to step in at SF, a younger, cheaper version of Prince.

Austin Daye is not an NBA player. He's not ready to step in, he's ready to start looking for a contract overseas.

Quote:

They have Greg Monroe, a promising young big man. Brandon Knight. Embrace the youth movement.

Would anybody be surprised if they re-signed Stuckey now too? It would be a typical Dumars move.

Stuckey is the one who really needs to go. As well as Rip or Ben Gordon, I'd prefer Detroit keep Gordon.

RapsFan 12-08-2011 02:22 PM

Another hilarious Dumars move.

bagelred 12-08-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RapsFan
Another hilarious Dumars move.

I know, I don't get this. Just when you think they will finally start to move on, they resign Prince. Oh lord......

dbugz 12-08-2011 02:32 PM

C'mon Tayshaun! time to move out from comfort zone.

RapsFan 12-08-2011 02:54 PM

Just want Detroit needs to become a contender.....$11 mill per year spent on Prince and Jerebko! :oldlol: