Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Roy Retires (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242160)

Myth 12-09-2011 02:15 PM

Roy Retires

Sad day for Blazer fans. Our beloved Roy has retired after only 5 years in the league. So crazy that he plays only 5 years and makes 3 all-star teams, with many predicting he could surpass Drexler in many ways for the Blazers. It just unraveled so fast. To me, this is sadder than amnestying him. If we amnestied him and he signed elsewhere, it could have helped the team but we could have remained happy for Roy. Now, it is just a sad situation. I grew excited to see one more season of Roy, but at least he gave us one last memorable moment in versus Dallas. Some of my greatest Blazer memories have been due to Roy even though he was only here 5 years. I thank Brandon for all he did for the city of Portland and basketball fans everywhere. I hope that the team finds a position for him in the future.

ksblazer 12-09-2011 03:46 PM

Re: Roy Retires

I just heard this on sports radio and was going to report it, but you beat me to it Myth.

Being a life long UW and Trailblazer fan. I've been a long time fan of Brandon. Sad to see that his career ended this way. I felt if he could have a had a full and healthy career, he would have deffinatly made it into the Basketball Hall of fame.

I wish him the best of luck in his future endevours

Hopefully he will stay with basketball in some aspect

AznTacoLover 12-09-2011 08:27 PM

Agreed those 5 years were amazing with all his clutch shots,comebacks,etc I'm going to miss roy and I'm thankful for all he has done for us.He made what Portland is today once again thank you Roy :cry:
It's a sad day to be a blazers fan I heard oden had a setback too and he might not play this season..

Myth 12-09-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznTacoLover
Agreed those 5 years were amazing with all his clutch shots,comebacks,etc I'm going to miss roy and I'm thankful for all he has done for us.He made what Portland is today once again thank you Roy :cry:
It's a sad day to be a blazers fan I heard oden had a setback too and he might not play this season..

And Aldridge's heart condition came back. He is expected to miss a week or two (which could include the start of the season). With Portland's luck, Aldridge will have a heart attack and die this season.

Mike Barrett 12-21-2011 02:49 PM

Very sad news, I couldn't leave bed for weeks after hearing this. It felt as if I lost a son of my own. Just so incredibly sad, a true hero, legend and mentor was lost. He was a great friend and player. Although it will be sad to not watch this man play the game he loves, I hope he still finds happiness. He is welcomed back to the commentating booth or anywhere else for that matter.

We love you Roy!

Bosnian Sajo 12-22-2011 02:44 AM

Not a Blazer fan at all, but I just wanted to stop by and say it hurts to see Roy go out this way (IDC about the money, thats not what we are talking about right now, its BASKETBALL). Imagine yourself in his situation just for one second, one day you ARE the future of a franchise, your team is being talked about as a future championship winning team, and you are looked as one of, if not the best young player in the NBA. Boom you get a knee injury and never come back from it. Your last NBA moments you spent on the bench as a backup for Wes Mathews. Really made me sad, I hope he does well in life not only cause of this but because he really seemed like a humble and nice guy all around, hopefully he can one day make a comeback? But I doubt that...