Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Jamal Crawford, new Blazer (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243428)

Myth 12-15-2011 04:35 PM

Jamal Crawford, new Blazer

This is the first bit of good news we have had in a while. We signed him to a 2 year, $10M deal (second year is player option). That is pretty reasonable. Funny that we replaced Roy with his best friend. Jamal should be a huge spark off our bench, which is one of the things we needed most.

AznTacoLover 12-15-2011 08:28 PM

Re: Jamal Crawford, new Blazer

YES! He should be what Rudy should have been lol. I hope they don't trade Wallace though.. We have a pretty good squad can't wait until the season starts! :)

Myth 12-15-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AznTacoLover
YES! He should be what Rudy should have been lol. I hope they don't trade Wallace though.. We have a pretty good squad can't wait until the season starts! :)

I don't want to get rid of Wallace either, but players are always available for the right deal. I'd be all over that rumored 4 first round picks for Wallace trade.

AznTacoLover 12-16-2011 08:57 PM

If they do that it seems like they're already trying to rebuild.. Although we don't have roy anymore we can still definitely make the playoffs I don't know how deep we can go though. :lol

blazerjimmy 12-17-2011 08:04 AM

We also signed Craig Smith, a 6'7, 250lb power forward. I still wish we had tried getting Troy Murphy. If we can get 3-4 first rd picks for Wallace, I say do so. We have Batum at SF and Matthews and Crawford can play minutes at that spot as well.

Mike Barrett 12-21-2011 03:46 PM

I welcome Jamal Crawford with open arms. A guy who was not so good will be a great piece to try and fill a huge hole in our team with the loss of a legend, Brandon Dawayne Roy.

Draz 01-07-2012 10:27 PM

This was the key FA right here. I'm highly upset we did not focus on him more, he's such an important player to a team. He's VERY clutch, I love his dribbling skills and the way he carries himself as a player.

ksblazer 02-04-2012 03:41 PM

I've always been a fan of Jamal and it seems like he's been a good fit on this team.

As for Wallace. If the Blazers can't work out an extension for the guy, do you expect him to be getting traded off by the deadline this season?

3 to 4 1st round picks for the guy would get my attention. That said I hope they can work something out with his agent soon.

Myth 02-05-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksblazer
I've always been a fan of Jamal and it seems like he's been a good fit on this team.

As for Wallace. If the Blazers can't work out an extension for the guy, do you expect him to be getting traded off by the deadline this season?

3 to 4 1st round picks for the guy would get my attention. That said I hope they can work something out with his agent soon.

- I think Jamal has been ok. But he can also be frustrating because of his poor shot choice. Good signing that hasn't worked out as well as I hoped, but still well worth what we got him for, and certainly working out better than the Andre for Felton trade.

- I love Wallace, and would love to keep him around. But the problem is, we will likely only keep 1 of Wallace and Batum, especially since both are up for contracts. I think Portland wants Batum because he can still improve, where as Wallace has nowhere to go but down (even though he is still currently better than Batum). That said, I think we should trade Wallace if we can get a few decent picks in return, even though I would miss him a ton.

Btw, I don't think we can extend Wallace. His contract is as simple as him having a player option this summer that we have no say in, so nothing can really be discussed with his agent.