Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Iman Shumpert or Norris Cole??? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243932)

Bigsmoke 12-19-2011 01:57 PM

Iman Shumpert or Norris Cole???

Who's going to have a better rookie season and would make a bigger impact for their teams in the future?
:confusedshrug:

ballinhun8 12-19-2011 02:00 PM

Re: Iman Shumpert or Norris Cole???

Both are nobodies.

Shumpert was selected too high and no one gas ever heard of Norris Cole.

Hank 12-19-2011 02:01 PM

Funny. I was just on another board where they're talking about the two and I was reading this post. It exemplifies my feeling on the matter..

"as a Heat fan, I think we do best to keep the gushing inhouse. but every Heater is raving about him for good reasons, but the reasons (should) have alot to do with our point guard position and the configuration of our bench, not the potential of Cole becoming an all-star point guard. We are extatic to have a guy that can change the pace, handle the ball, find guys, breaksdown the defense, is young, plays intense D - instead of Bibby..

He is a guy that, from where we drafted him, is perfect for what we need from the pg position with our bench. no matter how good Miller and Haslem and Battier are as role players if someone is not creating for them, making the defense move around, creating space, they will hav a hard time scoring. the offence, both for the starters and the bench have had really ugly stretches just passing around and then taking a contested shot when the clock is winding down. Cole could very well be the cure for that. and if the bench is humming, more rest for Wade and Bron, which equals fresher legs in the playoffs. that's why must of us like him so much. he could end up being really valuable for us, that is not to say he would be as important for other teams, or as good as Rondo or whatever.

And I think Knicks fans feels something similiar about Schumpert, with their weak backcourt, if he can be a productive player for them, it it will be of huge benefit."

fubu05 12-19-2011 02:07 PM

I feel like Shumpert's athleticism and length, basically his physical attributes gives him an edge. He's something rare.

Clutch 12-19-2011 02:10 PM

Probably Shumpert.

Not because he's the better player (even though he probably is).
It's because he is good at defense and Knicks need all the defense they can get.Also they need some scoring from the bench and he can provide that.
On the other hand Cole is a point guard on the team that has LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. Not much room to do his job.

To sum it up: Knicks need Shumpert more than the Heat need Cole.

knickswin 12-19-2011 02:13 PM

this is like asking jordan or kareem . . . they are both so great . . . why do we have to diminish the abilities of either of them by comparing them? let their greatness shine on their own.

for real, i have never seen cole play, and i'm not quite as hyped about shumpert as seemingly every other knicks fan is. he's still a bit raw, and it looks like that jump shot is going to need to improve before it becomes a consistent weapon.

airchibundo507 12-19-2011 02:13 PM

Imani will more of an immediate impact.

christian1923 12-19-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickswin
this is like asking jordan or kareem . . . they are both so great . . . why do we have to diminish the abilities of either of them by comparing them? let their greatness shine on their own.

for real, i have never seen cole play, and i'm not quite as hyped about shumpert as seemingly every other knicks fan is. he's still a bit raw, and it looks like that jump shot is going to need to improve before it becomes a consistent weapon.

THIS :lol :lol :lol

Fatstogie 12-19-2011 02:24 PM

Norris Cole will.

IMO he fits with the heat. I think if they let him play? He will have a break out year. Because he runs fast and passes. And the heat need that.

Id also like to see Rio passing the ball more too.

He had 8 assists adn that was his first game. So IMO, due to teh potential on the team, dude could go off.

IMO lebron and dwade need the ball in their hands less. And IMO chalmers and cole should be passing to them for easier buckets rather than off the dribble.

So i think norris cole coulda been a no body. But on this team?

He will blossom further and faster than he would on any other team. And i really hope they let the dude play.

blablabla 12-19-2011 02:25 PM

shumpert

Rekindled 12-19-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatstogie
Norris Cole will.

IMO he fits with the heat. I think if they let him play? He will have a break out year. Because he runs fast and passes. And the heat need that.

Id also like to see Rio passing the ball more too.

He had 8 assists adn that was his first game. So IMO, due to teh potential on the team, dude could go off.

IMO lebron and dwade need the ball in their hands less. And IMO chalmers and cole should be passing to them for easier buckets rather than off the dribble.

So i think norris cole coulda been a no body. But on this team?

He will blossom further and faster than he would on any other team. And i really hope they let the dude play.

shumpert was the best player on the knicks for the first game and he is also the best defender on the knicks after chandler.

DStebb716 12-19-2011 02:33 PM

I think they'll both be solid rookies. Nothing great but solid.

kidachi 12-19-2011 03:46 PM

I was thinking of making this thread.. didn't know there was one..

anyway, I think Shumpert would get more playing time than Cole.. since he's in a free flowing tempo..

but of course as a Heat fan.. I'll go with Cole.. I'm rooting really hard for this kid..

allabouthawks 12-19-2011 03:50 PM

shumpert looked great in the lockout games looks explosive

alenleomessi 12-19-2011 03:54 PM

well from what ish told me, its basically payton vs kevin johnson
i guess u go with payton because of the D