Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   It's Gonna Be a Patriots and Saints Superbowl This February (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244019)

QUIZZLE 12-20-2011 02:56 AM

It's Gonna Be a Patriots and Saints Superbowl This February

Just a bold prediction from a bold man.

I hate New England more than anyone but I feel like they're gonna get there. My Steelers' O-Line is God awful. Ben's health is not looking good to me. And Joe Flacco will blow it for his team.

scott0326 12-20-2011 03:32 AM

Re: It's Gonna Be a Patriots and Saints Superbowl This February

The Pats secondary is terrible, I still like Steelers chances if we play New England in the playoffs. The Steelers were playing without Pouncey and had Ben playing with no mobility against one of the best defenses in the NFL. I think they should rest Ben vs the Rams and Browns since they are pretty much guaranteed 5th seed and get him healthy for the playoffs and they'll be fine..

leopoldstotch 12-20-2011 09:15 AM

I have to say the worst case scenario is the Steelers playing the Texans @ Houston. Clearly Ben is hurt, and cold weather helps Ben play better. If he plays in Houston, the warm weather isn't going to help him plus Houston's defense is just as good as the 49ers defense last night. Although the Ravens beat the Steelers twice this year, I still think the Steelers have a shot agaisnt the Ravens @ Baltimore if they played.

Steelers still have a shot.

Sarcastic 12-20-2011 09:31 AM

Wow, so the Packers lose once and now they have fallen out of favor?

MK2V1GP 12-20-2011 10:10 AM

No offense, but that's not a real BOLD prediction.

A bold prediction is something like Lions vs Texans or 49ers vs Jets. Not picking probably 2 of the most likely 3 or 4 teams to get there.

ROCSteady 12-20-2011 11:51 AM

As long as its not the Ravens or the Cowboys in there I'm cool

QUIZZLE 12-20-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Wow, so the Packers lose once and now they have fallen out of favor?

Not saying that. Jennings health is a concern. I like New Orleans offense better. The Packers don't have the X-Factor running threat that is Darren Sproles who has emerged as a much more vocal part of their offense. Don't forget the Saints hardly lost that season opener at Lambeau.

QUIZZLE 12-20-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCSteady
As long as its not the Ravens or the Cowboys in there I'm cool

Heard that. I think my prediction is kind of bold because I'm seeing a Ravens Packers Superbowl prediction everywhere in the papers like it's unanimously decided already.

jazz873 12-20-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Not saying that. Jennings health is a concern. I like New Orleans offense better. The Packers don't have the X-Factor running threat that is Darren Sproles who has emerged as a much more vocal part of their offense. Don't forget the Saints hardly lost that season opener at Lambeau.

I could see that if the Packers had to go through New Orleans but the Saints offense doesn't scare me too much in a cold Lambeau

VishaltotheG 12-20-2011 02:45 PM

Ravens Saints is my prediction, Saints win

ROCSteady 12-21-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Heard that. I think my prediction is kind of bold because I'm seeing a Ravens Packers Superbowl prediction everywhere in the papers like it's unanimously decided already.

Ravens fans around here in MD crowned themselves AFC North Champs with homefield advantage thru after the second win vs the Steelers. Guess they have tunnelvision

IlliniFan 12-21-2011 05:59 PM

It's not bold. Those teams are in the top 2 of their respective divisions each with a top 5 QB.

Heavincent 12-21-2011 06:34 PM

The three best teams reside in the NFC. Packers, Saints, and 49ers. Yes, that's right, I believe the 49ers are the third best team in the league right now. That defense :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

One of those teams mentioned above will win the super bowl. Obviously, I'm hoping the Jets make the playoffs and go on a surprising run, but right now, those are the three best teams in the league IMO.

And of course, the Ravens, Pats, and Steelers are front-runners too.

Basketball Fan 01-15-2012 11:51 AM

Thought I'd bump this thread

JohnnySic 01-15-2012 07:29 PM

Thread is half right. The Pats are going to completely bury the opposition on their way to the title. Its our year. After all, its been 6 months since Boston won a championship. We're overdue. :D