Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Adrian Peterson tears ACL, needs reconstructive surgery (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244651)

StateProperty 12-24-2011 08:37 PM

Adrian Peterson tears ACL, needs reconstructive surgery

Possibly more damage too. Beginning of the end?

https://twitter.com/#!/JasonColeYaho...12396883828736

edit: Minnesota radio reporting there's concern he also tore his MCL. His MCL would have to fully heal before he could even have the reconstructive surgery for his ACL.

Heavincent 12-24-2011 08:40 PM

Re: Adrian Peterson tears ACL, needs reconstructive surgery

Yeah, probably. It's extremely difficult for a RB to come back from an injury like this. I think his days as an elite RB are over, unfortunately.

Carbine 12-24-2011 08:41 PM

Sad day for me. I love watching him play.

Probably won't ever be the same.

knickballer 12-24-2011 08:45 PM

Didn't he rush his previous injury and play hurt? Sounds really dumb to rush it when your team is like 2-10...

Well now Gehart get's a crack at it.

Sarcastic 12-24-2011 08:45 PM

Sad

RedBlackAttack 12-24-2011 08:52 PM

That was brutal. It reminded me of the one Willis McGahee suffered against Ohio State.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9-KkUH8yt8

McGahee obviously came back and had quite a nice career, but his injury occurred when he was in his early-20s. Obviously, with AP having been such a great NFL player and his more advanced age, this should be a sad day for all real NFL fans.

He will never be the same player and I feel sadly confident in saying that. :(

upside24 12-24-2011 08:55 PM

When I heard about his injury I hoped it wouldn't be an ACL issue. Really sucks because he is a terrific talent and fun to watch.

DuMa 12-24-2011 09:42 PM

i always felt like his bruising running style wasnt gonna give him a long healthy career anyway. i feel bad for AP but i know he is gonna come back strong from this.

Heavincent 12-24-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
i feel bad for AP but i know he is gonna come back strong from this.

I doubt it. Running backs are like big huge dogs. They're awesome when they're around, but they often have short life spans. It's just a brutal position to play.

But you never know. I hope he does come back strong.

AirGauge23 12-24-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent
I doubt it. Running backs are like big huge dogs. They're awesome when they're around, but they often have short life spans. It's just a brutal position to play.

*Looks at avi*

*Sadly agrees*

Hopefully being a physical freak helps him some way.

Heavincent 12-24-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirGauge23
*Looks at avi*

*Sadly agrees*

Hopefully being a physical freak helps him some way.

It's really sad knowing that LT played his entire career without winning a Super Bowl. Next Sunday will probably be the last game of his career :(

pete's montreux 12-24-2011 10:09 PM

I hate jumping to conclusions but there goes HOF level talent down the drain. NFL is a brutally unforgiving sport.

KG215 12-24-2011 10:20 PM

This reminds me of a conversation that has been had, in some form, with primetime over and over. I'm pretty sure he has claimed Peterson could retire tomorrow and be a HOFer. Say this is the end for AP as a dominant back (and I really hope it's not) would his current body of work be enough to get him in the HOF?

Five Seasons: 72 GP, 6,714 yards (59th all-time), 63 TD (T-37th), 4.8 ypc (T-37th), 93.3 ypg (4th)

I don't know how bad the injury is. It's going to be a hard one for him to come back from but I'd be surprised if he doesn't still have at least another 3-5 years of being a good back. Meaning he'll add a few more thousand and 10-20 more TD's to those numbers at a minimum. But this does beg the question, if his career were done after today, would those numbers be good enough to get him in the HOF?

And yes, that's just to try and stir the pot and get a reaction out of PT.

StateProperty 12-24-2011 10:20 PM

Minnesota radio reporting there's concern he also tore his MCL. His MCL would have to fully heal before he could even have the reconstructive surgery for his ACL.

bigkingsfan 12-24-2011 10:22 PM

He did get 36 mil guarantee contract extension this year. So that's something. Seems like yesterday when I drafted rookie AP for my fantasy team.