Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Toney Douglas (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245341)

franchize 12-29-2011 12:52 AM

Toney Douglas
 
Is he the worst staring point guard in the NBA? Before you accuse me of overreacting, seriously think about the question. I think it's between him and Chalmers. He can't do anything really on the court. I think that one saving grace, his "stellar defense", is officially out the window. He sucks

Sarcastic 12-29-2011 12:57 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
He would be number 31 out of 30.

Clutch 12-29-2011 01:06 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
I usually defend the guy but he's out of excuses right now.

Douglas sucks as a starting point guard,only role he's good at is a scorer off the bench.

franchize 12-29-2011 01:11 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
I watched Memphis today and their 2nd AND 3rd string pg's are better than Douglas :facepalm

Clutch 12-29-2011 01:12 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
Do we now officially have the worst backcourt in the league ? :oldlol:

percolator 12-29-2011 01:21 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
He never should have been cast in the role of starting PG, it's not his game.

He played his best last year when he was on the court with Felton or Billups. He can handle the ball in a pinch, but he has a score first mentality. A spark off the bench guy.

Also, aside from being miscast this year, I think he's shook from getting absolutely torched in the playoffs last year, and it's just compounding the problem. Tonight when he needed to be looking to score he was passing, because "he's the PG". He's tentative and has no confidence right now.

Rameek 12-29-2011 01:30 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by percolator
He never should have been cast in the role of starting PG, it's not his game.

He played his best last year when he was on the court with Felton or Billups. He can handle the ball in a pinch, but he has a score first mentality. A spark off the bench guy.

Also, aside from being miscast this year, I think he's shook from getting absolutely torched in the playoffs last year, and it's just compounding the problem. Tonight when he needed to be looking to score he was passing, because "he's the PG". He's tentative and has no confidence right now.

He isnt a PG plain and simple. He shouldnt be starting for any club.

knickscity 12-29-2011 01:32 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
He just isn't a pg, whether starting or off the bench.

He's good for some quick scores, and second unit mayhem off the bench.

Tinseltime17 12-29-2011 03:04 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
I really like Toney Douglas but he isn't even capable of being the Leandro Barbosa of the team. He is simply a 2-guard in a PG's body. I guess Jeremy Lin will probably get more playing time now.

knickscity 12-29-2011 03:10 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinseltime17
I really like Toney Douglas but he isn't even capable of being the Leandro Barbosa of the team. He is simply a 2-guard in a PG's body. I guess Jeremy Lin will probably get more playing time now.


It wouldn't hurt, but we really should start Bibby, let Lin play a few, and stick to the script.

Let the offense run through Melo.

The whole team said they had a surprise to show.

I'm really still waiting for the surprise.

percolator 12-29-2011 03:26 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
It wouldn't hurt, but we really should start Bibby, let Lin play a few, and stick to the script.

Let the offense run through Melo.


I agree.

Toney won't be starting once Baron is healthy, so might as well get a jump on him being back in that 6th/7th man role where he'll be more comfortable

With the offense running through Melo there's the problem of getting it to work with Amare, which D'Antoni doesn't seem to have made much progress on, but that's another issue.....

knickscity 12-29-2011 03:41 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by percolator
I agree.

Toney won't be starting once Baron is healthy, so might as well get a jump on him being back in that 6th/7th man role where he'll be more comfortable

With the offense running through Melo there's the problem of getting it to work with Amare, which D'Antoni doesn't seem to have made much progress on, but that's another issue.....

Agreed about the point guard play.

Melo made sure Amar'e had the ball when he was in a spot to score against Boston, and gave him proper shot attempts to work with.

Against the Warriors, Amar'e put the ball on the floor far too much and was trying to create, which is not his game.

That's not Amar'e game.

Plus I trust Melo's court awareness better than anyone else on the team.

bluechox2 12-29-2011 05:41 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
knicks reminded me today of the past decade...better not happen again

percelloveknicks 12-29-2011 06:16 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
Man a mediocre starting pg is always gonna make a mediocre team. Can u imagine if curry would've played.

Clutch 12-29-2011 07:51 AM

Re: Toney Douglas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
Man a mediocre starting pg is always gonna make a mediocre team. Can u imagine if curry would've played.

That's why Lakers won 2 championships in a row just a few years ago ?

Please don't say that Fisher is above average because I don't know if he's even average.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy