Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier" (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246009)

Force 01-02-2012 08:09 PM

Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
When asked post game last night after the win over the Mavs about how the adjustment is going with transferring to the NBA style and how he has been doing so well Rubio stated that the NBA is "easier" since there is so much more space for him, also that the zone and defensive 3 make is easy for him. You know, the things I've been posted here for years while people here drool over all of the overrated point guards in the league. Apparently Rondo, Rose and Westbrook are better than Isaiah Thomas according to many of the children posting on this board.

He also added that basketball is still just basketball and he knows the game.

Derrick 01-02-2012 08:10 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
link

Myth 01-02-2012 08:11 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
Then why did Rudy Fernandez suck so hard for my team?

b1imtf 01-02-2012 08:13 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrick
link

This or /thread

Force 01-02-2012 08:13 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derrick
link


NBA TV postgame show that comes on every night. It's called Gametime. Too lazy to find a link for you, I have it on my TV.

Force 01-02-2012 08:14 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b1imtf
This or /thread


link or thread? LOL. NBA TV is about as legit of a source for NBA interviews as you are ever going to get.

edit, didn't realize I didn't mention on the first post that it was on NBA TV.

Myth 01-02-2012 08:15 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Force
NBA TV postgame show that comes on every night. It's called Gametime. Too lazy to find a link for you, I have it on my TV.


Negged for lack of a link.

NuggetsFan 01-02-2012 08:17 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
Then why did Rudy Fernandez suck so hard for my team?


Not really a fan of Rudy but within 4 games I can already tell why he's not flourishing. He's just not doing well with reduced roles. I'd guess that over in Europe he had a bigger role and that's why he succeeded so much. Over in the NBA teams aren't obviously going to give him that type of role because his talent doesn't really dictate it. Thus he get's relegated to being a spot up shooter.

The few possessions that he gets\attempts to showcase his game he's doesn't suck at all. Can make plays for others, make plays off the dribble. Just generally used at a spot up guy.

Considering his usage\shot attempts\minutes? He's basically your average role player off the bench.

Yung D-Will 01-02-2012 08:17 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
He said it's easier because he has more space.. The Nba lanes are wider..

Simple.

Nothing to see here.

b1imtf 01-02-2012 08:17 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Force
link or thread? LOL. NBA TV is about as legit of a source for NBA interviews as you are ever going to get.

edit, didn't realize I didn't mention on the first post that it was on NBA TV.

I'll believe it whrn I see it :cheers:

dirk94_ 01-02-2012 08:17 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
If its soo easy why isnt his team undefeated?

Force 01-02-2012 08:19 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
He said it's easier because he has more space.. The Nba lanes are wider..

Simple.

Nothing to see here.


LOL @ it being nothing to see. He said the zone defenses are a part of it and the defensive 3 rule as well. He didn't mentioned the lack of a handcheck, but that's already beyond debate that it's easier for PG's today. I'd like to see how JJ Barea would fare in the mid 90's NBA. Probably he a towel and ball boy. :oldlol:

Teanett 01-02-2012 08:19 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk94_
If its soo easy why isnt his team undefeated?

they were always competitive. the mavs on the other hand...

Force 01-02-2012 08:22 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Not really a fan of Rudy but within 4 games I can already tell why he's not flourishing. He's just not doing well with reduced roles. I'd guess that over in Europe he had a bigger role and that's why he succeeded so much. Over in the NBA teams aren't obviously going to give him that type of role because his talent doesn't really dictate it. Thus he get's relegated to being a spot up shooter.

The few possessions that he gets\attempts to showcase his game he's doesn't suck at all. Can make plays for others, make plays off the dribble. Just generally used at a spot up guy.

Considering his usage\shot attempts\minutes? He's basically your average role player off the bench.


Yeah the biggest problem with Ruby in Portland was he was forced into a spot up shooter. Sit outside and wait to shoot the 3 as a last option. The team already have Roy, Matthews, Miller. Rudy is made to have the ball in his hands and create. Similar to what you see Manu do. Another thing is Rudy's lack of commitment to the NBA. Seems like almost every year he is finding his way to play back home again.

Force 01-02-2012 08:25 PM

Re: Rubio calls the NBA "a lot easier"
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b1imtf
I'll believe it whrn I see it :cheers:


Yes because I am making up this entire topic. lol

You don't believe me? Am I the only person with income here that allows me to watch NBA TV? It's a very cool channel, I have it on my FIOS package. I'll be watching the Mavs and Thunder play in a few minutes. Earlier today I saw Kevin Johnson get bizzy on Jordans Bulls in the NBA Finals. Get the channel dammit!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy