Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Bynum and Jarret Jack for Westbrook (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246490)

KeylessEntry 01-06-2012 03:11 AM

Bynum and Jarret Jack for Westbrook

Just got a trade offer where i give up Bynum and Jarret Jack in exchange for Russell Westbrook. There are some pretty interesting options id like to gamble on in the free agent pool and I have been lucky enough to completely avoid injuries so far so I dont mind giving up 2 players for 1 and grabbing a free agent. My other PGs are Rondo and Augustin and my other Cs are Dwight Howard, Hibbert and Varejao. Bynum is playing amazing but seeing him tweak his ankle today reminded me how fragile he is, Westbrook has never missed a game due to injury in his career.

roffie 01-06-2012 06:56 AM

Re: Bynum and Jarret Jack for Westbrook

jarret jack and andrew bynum are definitly both gambles, whether jack can keep playing at his currently beasting level and of course bynum and his injuries. and on the other hand, we all know what westbrook is capable of. i think you've got yourself a solid offer.

B-Easy8 01-07-2012 08:04 AM

I would take it. Bynum will most probably get injured again and you might get a good player in the free agency.

shaqking 01-07-2012 01:20 PM

i would do it before he finds out about bynum

KeylessEntry 01-07-2012 01:36 PM

thanks for the advice everyone, I took the trade. Going to try to pick up shumpert to fill the empty spot and then maybe trade iggy for someone who gets blocks or 3ptm since i have so many steals now.

roffie 01-08-2012 10:57 PM

what a steal.. stat wise i'm pretty sure jarret jack is playin alot better than westbrook too. been on a slump lately

KeylessEntry 01-13-2012 05:08 PM

heres my team now. standard yahoo league with 12 players. went with the rondo + howard punt ft% strategy. Just traded away Gerald Wallace and Shumpert in exchange for Rudy Gay and David West. Probably gonna drop Speights pretty soon if he doesnt start producing more.

Rajon Rondo
Russel Westbrook
DJ Augustin
Wesley Matthews
Andre Iguodala
Dorrell Wright
Rudy Gay
David West
Kevin Garnett
Maresse Speights
Dwight Howard
Roy Hibbert
Samuel Dalembert

dunksby 01-13-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
heres my team now. standard yahoo league with 12 players. went with the rondo + howard punt ft% strategy. Just traded away Gerald Wallace and Shumpert in exchange for Rudy Gay and David West. Probably gonna drop Speights pretty soon if he doesnt start producing more.

Rajon Rondo
Russel Westbrook
DJ Augustin
Wesley Matthews
Andre Iguodala
Dorrell Wright
Rudy Gay
David West
Kevin Garnett
Maresse Speights
Dwight Howard
Roy Hibbert
Samuel Dalembert

Pretty stacked and balanced team.

KeylessEntry 01-15-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunksby
Pretty stacked and balanced team.

thanks. it looks like ill go 7-2 most weeks loosing ft% and turnovers. a little bit weak on assists and blocks too. so far i lead the league in fg%, pts, rbs. and stls

its a keeper league too and the keepers dont count against your draft position. now i just have to decide between howard, westbrook, rondo, gay, iggy for my 2 keepers...

dunksby 01-15-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

thanks. it looks like ill go 7-2 most weeks loosing ft% and turnovers. a little bit weak on assists and blocks too. so far i lead the league in fg%, pts, rbs. and stls

its a keeper league too and the keepers dont count against your draft position. now i just have to decide between howard, westbrook, rondo, gay, iggy for my 2 keepers...

Howard and Westbrook, its not even a question. Howard is gonna end up with probably an elite PG at his back by next season while Westbrook is already an elite young PG who will be even better next year. Rondo will never have Russel's offensive game, gay is injury prone and a hit or miss kinda guy. Iggy is a solid guy but no way in the same caliber.
Finally everything aside you will be keeping two first round picks, so next year you could end up with LBJ/Durant/Kobe/CP3 or any other elite first pick :pimp:

KeylessEntry 02-05-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunksby
Howard and Westbrook, its not even a question. Howard is gonna end up with probably an elite PG at his back by next season while Westbrook is already an elite young PG who will be even better next year. Rondo will never have Russel's offensive game, gay is injury prone and a hit or miss kinda guy. Iggy is a solid guy but no way in the same caliber.
Finally everything aside you will be keeping two first round picks, so next year you could end up with LBJ/Durant/Kobe/CP3 or any other elite first pick :pimp:

well im not gonna get a chance at lbj/durant/kobe/cp3 as they will certainly be keepers for their respective owners. if im lucky ill be able to land someone like josh smith, blake girffin, monta ellis... what would normally be a solid second-third round pick with my first pick. overall the draft is going to hurt my because i have four guys who would go in the first 2 rounds of any normal draft (dwight, westbrook, rondo, gay). i def agree on keeping howard and westbrook if i continue with my punt ft% and turnovers strategy. maybe i should try to trade up more and give up some depth for LBJ or Durant so i have two truly elite keepers.

i dropped speights for kemba walker, but he was murdering my fg% so i packaged him in a trade with david west in exchange for ibaka and jason kidd. now im trying to find a good buy low target to solidify my assists and threes and im almost guaranteed to go 7-2 every week.

dunksby 02-05-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

well im not gonna get a chance at lbj/durant/kobe/cp3 as they will certainly be keepers for their respective owners. if im lucky ill be able to land someone like josh smith, blake girffin, monta ellis... what would normally be a solid second-third round pick with my first pick. overall the draft is going to hurt my because i have four guys who would go in the first 2 rounds of any normal draft (dwight, westbrook, rondo, gay). i def agree on keeping howard and westbrook if i continue with my punt ft% and turnovers strategy. maybe i should try to trade up more and give up some depth for LBJ or Durant so i have two truly elite keepers.

i dropped speights for kemba walker, but he was murdering my fg% so i packaged him in a trade with david west in exchange for ibaka and jason kidd. now im trying to find a good buy low target to solidify my assists and threes and im almost guaranteed to go 7-2 every week.

I remember getting the 7th pick in 2009 and drafting Durant and it ended up being the difference and I wont my league that year. Drafting is about predicting who is gonna have a breakout year and who a slump. Westbrook/Dwight/Durant/LBJ are prolly the most reliable elites health wise and you already have two of them, sometimes its best to be content with what you have.