Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia 76ers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Iverson To Be Traded? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2466)

NBAfan32 06-22-2006 01:57 PM

Iverson To Be Traded?

Quote:

Draft Buzz: Sixers to Trade Iverson

June 22nd - Early Morning Update

- Allen Iverson could be traded so the Sixers can acquire another lottery pick. My sources say the Sixers are heavily involved in Iverson trade talks with the Warriors and the Hawks. The deal would almost certainly consist of the lottery pick owned by the Warriors (No. 9) or Hawks (No. 5) and another emerging starter. If the trade is made, the Sixers probably wonít give up their lottery pick (No. 13) and it probably wonít happen prior to the draft. Thatís because Philly needs to re-examine who they will workout in the next few days.

LINK

Could be interesting. Wonder what Billy King has under his sleeve. If the Sixers do trade AI, trade Webber to the Knicks as well since Isiah Thomas is the head coach and he's been after Cwebb for a while now.

JordanPippenRodman 06-22-2006 02:00 PM

he would be a good fit on the hawks, but i don't think he would do well in Golden State. Golden State would have barely anything left over after they acquire iverson. the hawks have plenty of tradeable assets and could still field a competitive team after acquiring iverson.

Rasheed1 06-22-2006 02:01 PM

something tells me Billy King will f*ck this deal up bad and leave looking like the damn knicks

I pray not, but............

ALlArOuNDPIaya 06-22-2006 02:02 PM

Yeah, I doubt it.

ALlArOuNDPIaya 06-22-2006 02:03 PM

Wolves should trade their pick for him

:pimp:

Spiderman08 24 06-22-2006 02:04 PM

AI can't be traded..it won't be right. He's a Sixer for life.

GOBB 06-22-2006 02:06 PM

What emerging stars does Atlanta have? :confusedshrug:

GSW has Jason Richardson. Doubt its B.Diddy & 9 for AI. Is that possible?

JohnnyBravo5 06-22-2006 02:07 PM

2006-07 Hawks

Announcing the 2006-2007 Atlanta Hawks!

PG Allen Iverson
SG Joe Johnson
SF Josh Smith
PF Marvin Williams
C Zaza Pachulia

We are comin for you Miami!

kwajo 06-22-2006 02:10 PM

I assume any GS deal would include BDiddy since no one in their right mind would put both on the same team

NBAfan32 06-22-2006 02:15 PM

Hawks have been reluctant to move Marvin Williams in a trade for AI. My guess would be Joe Johnson since i dont think Belkin is a big fan of him with his refusal to give him the contract last off season as proof. Belkin is now in full control of the Hawks i believe and might have his way, but im just speculating. Joe Johnson + 5th pick for AI? I wouldnt want to see Baron Davis in a sixer uniform. Why would King trade AI for another chucker who is injury prone and doesnt play with any heart. Im all for trading AI just as long as its a good deal for the Sixers.

JordanPippenRodman 06-22-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB

Jason Richardson has supposedly been a rising star since he won the dunk contest. he's overrated. there's more to basketball than #'s and Richardson doesn't seem to care if he wins or loses. he's getting paid.

right now, i'd take joe johnson over richardson.

JohnnyBravo5 06-22-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB

I am guessing Josh Childress, who they considered drafting, or SNT for Al Harrington. My guess is that they will probably ask for Marvin Williams, who I'd hope they'd fight tooth and nail to keep.

KiNG 06-22-2006 02:15 PM

i heard somewere (i think pti or sportcenter) that the sixers allready told AI that they werent gonna trade him... heard this a while ago

JohnnyBravo5 06-22-2006 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBAfan32
Hawks have been reluctant to move Marvin Williams in a trade for AI. My guess would be Joe Johnson since i dont think Belkin is a big fan of him with his refusal to give him the contract last off season as proof. Belkin is now in full control of the Hawks i believe and might have his way, but im just speculating. Joe Johnson + 5th pick for AI? I wouldnt want to see Baron Davis in a sixer uniform. Why would King trade AI for another chucker who is injury prone and doesnt play with any heart. Im all for trading AI just as long as its a good deal for the Sixers.

I wouldn't trade Joe Johnson straight up for A.I. much less JJ and the #5 pick. JJ and Josh Smith are our only two untouchable players.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-22-2006 03:07 PM

re:

do it Billy King. implode the Sixers. give teh Nets the third seed again.