Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Shameless (US) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247250)

Rameek 01-11-2012 11:45 AM

Shameless (US)

This is one of the best and craziest dysfunctional shows on TV. Definitely a must watch. I almost finished season 1.

Quote:

Premise

The series follows the dysfunctional family of Frank Gallagher, a single father of six children. While he spends his days drunk, his kids learn to take care of themselves.
The show's producers sought to distinguish it from previous American working-class shows by highlighting how Frank's alcoholism affects his family.[4] Paul Abbott, creator of the original, said, "It's not My Name Is Earl or Roseanne. It's got a much graver level of poverty attached to it. It's not blue collar; it's no collar."[4] When John Wells, the showrunner, began pitching the show, he had to fight efforts to place the show in the South or in a trailer park. He explained, "We have a comedic tradition of making fun of the people in those worlds. The reality is that these people aren't 'the other' they're people who live four blocks down from you and two blocks over".

http://www.sho.com/site/shameless/about.sho

El Kabong 01-11-2012 12:17 PM

Re: Shameless (US)

I watch it, if only because Emmy Rossum is gorgeous and occasionally gets naked, but there's some good stuff between the two older brothers and the guys car jacking too.

Season 2 just started this week.

Thorpesaurous 01-11-2012 01:01 PM

I also watch because Emmy Rossum is gorgeous, and occasionally naked, and generally acting like a tramp, which I really dig.

There are some other interesting elements to the show. But it's got some pretty heavy flaws too. Both of the older brothers are intrigueing. Frank sometimes gets himself into colorfull situations, but other times Macy is just chewing on the scenery. The younger sister is even more hit or miss. And both of the younger brothers could may as well not be there. The thing with the neighbors is pretty good, but now the Mormon girl is too much. Amy Smart is a nice touch from time to time too.

Truthfully, the show is just a massive ensemble that sometimes feels spread too thin, and on top of that sometimes feels too over the top zany, and goes in a thousand unresolved directions. But it's still got enough interesting things going on to make it more than watchable. I wouldn't avidly recommend it. But I'd definintely say give it a shot and if it's for you you'll know it pretty quickly.

rufuspaul 01-11-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Kabong
Emmy Rossum is gorgeous and occasionally gets naked,

pete's montreux 01-11-2012 02:01 PM

I watch it. It's a fun show. That's about it.

I'm still waiting for Episodes to come back.

Rameek 01-11-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I watch it. It's a fun show. That's about it.

I'm still waiting for Episodes to come back.

Season 2 started the other day.

pete's montreux 01-11-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
Season 2 started the other day.

Pretty sure it didn't.

Chamberlain 01-11-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Pretty sure it didn't.

It did. Season 2 Premiere was last Sunday.

Rameek 01-11-2012 03:30 PM

Yep season 2 premiered already.... i thought you were being funny pete...

pete's montreux 01-11-2012 03:36 PM

I literally spent 10 minutes searching on Google, the Showtime website, Wiki and torrent sites looking for any information on the second season and found nothing.

Their Facebook even says It's filming right now.

pete's montreux 01-11-2012 03:37 PM

Um, I really hope you guys know that I'm talking about a Showtime show called "Episodes" starring Matt LeBlanc.

So yeah, like I said, pretty sure it didn't premiere last week.

rufuspaul 01-11-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

I literally spent 10 minutes searching on Google, the Showtime website, Wiki and torrent sites looking for any information on the second season and found nothing.

Their Facebook even says It's filming right now.

That's okay. Emmy Rossum's titties are up there.^^^

Rameek 01-11-2012 03:42 PM

Since you missed out
http://eztv.it/ep/32269/shameless-us-2x01-hdtv-asap/
Quote:

Um, I really hope you guys know that I'm talking about a Showtime show called "Episodes" starring Matt LeBlanc.

So yeah, like I said, pretty sure it didn't premiere last week.

pete's montreux 01-11-2012 03:46 PM

That's a link to "Shameless", not "Episodes"

skan72 01-11-2012 04:05 PM

This thread it fkn confusing. Is it about Shameless or Episodes?