Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   If Alex Smith beats the Giants in the NFC Championship game (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248058)

Eric Cartman 01-16-2012 07:26 AM

If Alex Smith beats the Giants in the NFC Championship game

Can we say that the 49ers made the right decision picking him #1 over Aaron Rodgers?

UConnCeltics 01-16-2012 07:28 AM

Re: If Alex Smith beats the Giants in the NFC Championship game

Rodgers is the better QB by a mile and you would have a case if he beat Rodgers in the championship game but since Rodgers is out, no.

Real Men Wear Green 01-16-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
Can we say that the 49ers made the right decision picking him #1 over Aaron Rodgers?

Of course not, but we can say that it's a decision they can now live with.

mlh1981 01-16-2012 09:24 AM

Lost in the Tebow madness this year is a really great story here in Alex Smith. Now, I can't claim to watch all their games, but it's suggested that a big part of his success this year comes from the coaching staff limiting his mistakes. Still, though, this guy went from potential bust material to being more than a serviceable NFL quarterback. He's changed a lot of perceptions and quieted a lot of doubters.

KingBeasley08 01-16-2012 10:11 AM

In all honesty, I think it doesn't matter. Rodgers was really raw coming outta college and he woulda been a bust in SF with all the problems they had. Sitting for 3 years behind Favre and changing his mechanics and learing the offense under MM is a huge reason why he's so good today

imdaman99 01-16-2012 10:28 AM

beating the giants isn't the goal guy, it's winning it all. if you win the next 2 games, than you can live with it.

but rodgers already has a super bowl... fortunately for him, he did not run into a motivated giants defense last year :lol

GOBB 01-16-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imdaman99
beating the giants isn't the goal guy, it's winning it all. if you win the next 2 games, than you can live with it.

but rodgers already has a super bowl... fortunately for him, he did not run into a motivated giants defense last year :lol

He also didnt see his team fumble 3 times and drop atleast 6 passes either. Giants defense played good, but GB shot themselves in both feet yesterday.

KingBeasley08 01-16-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

thats cuz rodgers was even more motivated last year. he crapped on every defense except for chicago in their last 6 games

imdaman99 01-16-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
He also didnt see his team fumble 3 times and drop atleast 6 passes either. Giants defense played good, but GB shot themselves in both feet yesterday.

or make 2 horrible throws to jennings and finley that could have lead to at least 14 more points

dude did you watch the game? giants defense played good??? they were fcuking amazing. the fact that rodgers had to scramble 6 times for first downs tells you he couldn't find somebody open. sure he is a great QB but he looked human. AARON RODGERS could not find somebody open and scrambled. this wasn't tebow. give the defense more credit yo

GOBB 01-16-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

or make 2 horrible throws to jennings and finley that could have lead to at least 14 more points

Yes play up those two throws. :rolleyes:

Quote:

ude did you watch the game? giants defense played good??? they were fcuking amazing. the fact that rodgers had to scramble 6 times for first downs tells you he couldn't find somebody open. sure he is a great QB but he looked human. AARON RODGERS could not find somebody open and scrambled. this wasn't tebow. give the defense more credit yo

No I didnt watch the game. You're a NYG fan. No point arguing.

imdaman99 01-16-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Yes play up those two throws. :rolleyes:

No I didnt watch the game. You're a NYG fan. No point arguing.

so the giants limit the high powered packers to 20 points, oh which by the way 14 of those points were helped by BAD OFFICIATING aka a fumble and a BS helmet to helmet, and they only played good.

and you're clearly from philly, i shouldn't expect clear eyes and no bias :lol

keep rooting against the giants, pray they don't win another one. it's all you have left.

well... you got the phillies. and i'm a mets fan so you got me there :bowdown:

GOBB 01-16-2012 10:55 AM

So 3 fumbles and dropped passes had zero to do with the GB offense. All defense. Ok. :rolleyes:

imdaman99 01-16-2012 10:59 AM

so 3 fumbles had nothing to do with the defense being played??? including 1 by him??? :lol

ok dude, agree to disagree.

this is an alex smith thread, i don't dispute how great aaron rodgers is.

i would rather have aaron rodgers than alex smith based on the beast of a playoff run he had last year. but this regular season doesn't mean much because of how much this playoff game was a letdown to him. it was still a top 5 QB year for him.

GOBB 01-16-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

so 3 fumbles had nothing to do with the defense being played??? including 1 by him???

Just uncharacteristic of "Coon" and Grant. They protect the pigskin well.

-p.tiddy- 01-16-2012 11:26 AM

SF is where they are because of their defense, not because of Alex Smith