Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nets may not offer Brook Lopez an extension (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248670)

insidehoops 01-20-2012 11:15 AM

Nets may not offer Brook Lopez an extension

Newark Star-Ledger:

Brook Lopez was able to shoot (without jumping), rebound and pass at practice. He got out of the protective boot he had been wearing on Tuesday, he said. Lopez was asked about general manager Billy King saying Wednesday he likely would not offer Lopez a contract extension.
The team has until Jan. 25 to sign Lopez to an extension, otherwise he will become a restricted free agent July 1.
Lopez claimed not to have thought about an extension. I didnt even know there was a deadline for contracts, honestly, Lopez said. I knew there was a trade deadline.

Kiddlovesnets 01-21-2012 02:03 AM

Re: Nets may not offer Brook Lopez an extension

Id say it is a good decision though, I personally would not offer anything more than 4yrs 25million contract to the likes of Brook Lopez. If we aint getting Dwight and Deron walks away it may be just the time to rebuild from scratch completely, perhaps around Brooks?

gigantes 01-21-2012 03:36 AM

hmm, is bruce ratner still an idiot?

this devaluing of lopez in some circles is getting kind of ridiculous. in 2009 - 2010 he was a 19 - 9 center that blocked close to two shots a game, shot 50%, and was a great FT shooter. then he had a serious illness and a serious injury and regressed last season.

but he's still a 22-yr old center who, when healthy, should average 20 and 10.

check one of the following:

[ ] - those guys grow on trees.
[ ] - those guys don't grow on trees.

MTing 01-21-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Id say it is a good decision though, I personally would not offer anything more than 4yrs 25million contract to the likes of Brook Lopez. If we aint getting Dwight and Deron walks away it may be just the time to rebuild from scratch completely, perhaps around Brooks?

Why wouldnt we keep Brook if continue to rebuild? The guys still only 22 like Gigs said and can only improve from here. If Deron leaves Brook and MarShon will be the only 2 pieces that are set.

Kiddlovesnets 01-21-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTing
Why wouldnt we keep Brook if continue to rebuild? The guys still only 22 like Gigs said and can only improve from here. If Deron leaves Brook and MarShon will be the only 2 pieces that are set.

'cause I am afraid this guy will ask for a huge contract that he does not deserve(see Tyson Chandler, Deandre Jordan and Kwame Brown), while like I said I wouldnt offer anything more than 4yrs 25M for the likes of Brook Lopez. If I were the front office, Id bring an extension of 4 yrs 20M to him on my first try. The offer may go up to 4 yrs 22M or 4 yrs 25M, but not more than that.

Nets fan 93 01-21-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
'cause I am afraid this guy will ask for a huge contract that he does not deserve(see Tyson Chandler, Deandre Jordan and Kwame Brown), while like I said I wouldnt offer anything more than 4yrs 25M for the likes of Brook Lopez. If I were the front office, Id bring an extension of 4 yrs 20M to him on my first try. The offer may go up to 4 yrs 22M or 4 yrs 25M, but not more than that.

I think you are under rating Lopez a little bit.

Kiddlovesnets 01-22-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
I think you are under rating Lopez a little bit.

Well to me, his only value is a possible trade asset for Dwight Howard. Nothing more and nothing less.