Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How important is Eric Gordon to the future of the Hornets? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248830)

insidehoops 01-21-2012 12:50 PM

How important is Eric Gordon to the future of the Hornets?

Obviously he's a very good young guard and their best young prospect, but do you think he's a true building block? What do you think of his potential?

As of today, Gordon is willing to sign a Hornets extension. If it's going to happen this season it needs to be soon

Read http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9103

Maniak 01-21-2012 12:56 PM

Re: How important is Eric Gordon to the future of the Hornets?

He's quite good, and far better than I thought he would be. I'm not sure if I am sold on him being a #1 option quite yet.

Regardless of where he is he has a bright future as a starter.

The_Yearning 01-21-2012 12:58 PM

A shorter, poorer man's Durant.

StroShow4 01-21-2012 01:10 PM

The Hornets have a future?

Eric Cartman 01-21-2012 01:11 PM

I wouldn't built my team around him. As the second option on the Clippers they were horrible imagine being the first option on a team with much less help.

alenleomessi 01-21-2012 01:49 PM

He needs to stay f*cking healthy first

yobore 01-21-2012 01:58 PM

he was being incredibly overrated around the trade time. He's OK but not someone to build around even if he were healthy. Hopefully they will be able to draft two players better than him this year.

LaysUpBricks 01-21-2012 02:00 PM

He's a good young building block, but its hard to say because he's missed so many games. I wonder how big of an extension the Hornets will offer him since he's only played one game for them this season

Kellogs4toniee 01-21-2012 02:06 PM

He was my second favorite guard in the league before he got traded and hurt.

His scoring, shooting, defense, and mind is all at the right place and mindset.

But his dribbling, passing, decision making, and size are all still weaknesses. The first three he can work on over time since he is still young, but it's the last one (his size) that is the main reason why he can never be a number one option on a champion-ship contending team.

I think he is very important. He is easily there best player for the future IMO. But the Hornets clearly need another big piece if they want to contend within a few years.

hkc 01-21-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StroShow4
The Hornets have a future?

What a stupid statement to make. It amazes me how some people, actually most people, can make such dumb statements and still call themselves a basketball fan.

Yes the hornets have a future. And it's bright. Im assuming you have the Internet and that you're able to read the English language...go do what is called "research", which in this case should only take you a couple of minutes, and then make statements. You'll feel better knowing the trash that you post online actually has some validity.

I'd post links for you, but that would be letting you off too easy.

b1imtf 01-21-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkc
What a stupid statement to make. It amazes me how some people, actually most people, can make such dumb statements and still call themselves a basketball fan.

Yes the hornets have a future. And it's bright. Im assuming you have the Internet and that you're able to read the English language...go do what is called "research", which in this case should only take you a couple of minutes, and then make statements. You'll feel better knowing the trash that you post online actually has some validity.

I'd post links for you, but that would be letting you off too easy.

He was joking pal. Take it easy lol

StateOfMind12 01-21-2012 03:30 PM

I view him Eric Gordon on the Hornets the same way I view Joe Johnson on the Atlanta Hawks. Both of them are or will be all-stars but will never be franchise players.

hawkfan 01-21-2012 04:04 PM

4 years, $48 million.

Kiddlovesnets 01-21-2012 04:05 PM

Seeing how the draft pick from Minnesota is unlikely to turn into lottery, Eric Gordon is perhaps the only hope for NO at this point. Otherwise, the trade with Clippers would be remarked as a completely failure for NO.

UtahJazzFan88 01-21-2012 04:07 PM

If he can get out of the suit and actually play, then maybe? :confusedshrug: His joints seem to be brittle as hell, almost seems injury prone.