Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Billy Cundiff or Kyle Williams? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249038)

bagelred 01-22-2012 11:12 PM

Billy Cundiff or Kyle Williams?

The Battle of the Epic Fails.

Who takes it?

StateOfMind12 01-22-2012 11:15 PM

Re: Billy Cundiff or Kyle Williams?

Probably Kyle Williams since he messed up twice opposed to once. I think Lee Evans deserves some flack for his failure to catch that perfect pass by Flacco on the possession before though.

If it weren't for Kyle's mistake they could have won the game. If it weren't for Cundiff's mistake they would just went to OT, no guarantee of a win either.

franchise#3 01-22-2012 11:19 PM

Kyle Williams

:cry:

bagelred 01-22-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Probably Kyle Williams since he messed up twice opposed to once. I think Lee Evans deserves some flack for his failure to catch that perfect pass by Flacco on the possession before though.

If it weren't for Kyle's mistake they could have won the game. If it weren't for Cundiff's mistake they would just went to OT, no guarantee of a win either.

Yes, but if I could play devil's advocate........

Cundiff had the easiest job. A chip shot FG. A very simple task. At least Williams is trying to make plays out there........just some bad luck fumbles........

ALBballer 01-22-2012 11:35 PM

Both are bad, but a kicker missing a FG at a crucial point of the game is understandable. 31 yard is a chip shot for most professionals but I would assume kicking a field goal is much tougher than catching a punt. A punt returner not clearing the area when the ball bounces like that shows poor decision making. I remember doing scater drills as a freshman in high school. That's football 101 I would think? The risk of even fielding that punt completely outweighs the reward. A completely asinine mistake.

The 2nd fumble by Kyle Williams happens. He was trying to make up for his mistakes and a player caught him from behind and he fumbled it. Is it forgiven? no but it happens.

The first fumble really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Professionals should not make that mistake.

Jackass18 01-23-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBballer
The first fumble really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Professionals should not make that mistake.

Yep, either you go out there and catch it or get the **** away from the ball, and if it's that damn close, then you go get on the ball instead of standing around looking stupid.

irondarts 01-23-2012 12:24 AM

What about Lee Evans? Dropping that pass was just :facepalm

baseketball4life 01-23-2012 12:50 AM

Kyle because he did it twice

irondarts 01-24-2012 04:51 PM

Kyle Williams went on the Dan Patrick show today and gave a great interview. I commend him for going on a National Radio show so soon and being so honest.

He says he's received multiple death threats, that is so stupid, it's just a damn game people!

JMT 01-24-2012 05:10 PM

Williams is a 2nd year guy who got stuck returning punts because of injury. He fielded 6 punts this season (2 returns/4 fair catches). Ted Ginn and Reggie Smith fielded the other 60+ punts.

A pro shouldn't have gotten anywhere near that ball, so that's on him. The second? A fumble that happens.

The Niners failed on 12 of 13 3rd downs. Their offense sucked out loud aside from two big plays. Their 7th year, former overall #1 pick QB barely completes over 50% of his passes and was even worse on Sunday.

Cundiff has attempted over 170 FG in a 9 year career. That's a chip shot. The past two years he's 18-21 from 30-39 yards.

Baltimore played into a chance to win the game by executing on both sides of the ball. The snap and hold were good. True, it was just to get to OT, but that was a foregone conclusion.

He's the goat imo.

-p.tiddy- 01-24-2012 05:15 PM

both are going to have a really long off season

I can just imagine Cundiff having to go in that locker room and look Ray Lewis and Reed and Suggs, etc all the eyes...he probably has little to no appetite right now

same with Williams...ouch

I did see that Patrick WIllis is sticking up for Williams though...very classy

irondarts 01-24-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
both are going to have a really long off season

I can just imagine Cundiff having to go in that locker room and look Ray Lewis and Reed and Suggs, etc all the eyes...he probably has little to no appetite right now

same with Williams...ouch

I did see that Patrick WIllis is sticking up for Williams though...very classy

Williams said on the Dan Patrick show today that all his teammates supported him and told him it was a team game and it wasn't his fault. The fans were the ones bashing him and even threatening his life. His teammates stuck up for him.