Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Roy Hibbert overcomes broken nose, helps Pacers beat Heat (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249108)

insidehoops 01-23-2012 02:02 PM

Roy Hibbert overcomes broken nose, helps Pacers beat Heat

The AP reports:

Indiana center Roy Hibbert didnít let some gauze stuffed up his nose keep him from beating the Los Angeles Lakers Sunday night.

Hibbert overcame a broken nose sustained earlier in the game after running in to an inadvertent Kobe Bryant elbow to lead the Pacers to a 98-96 victory Sunday night.

Despite the injury, Hibbert produced 18 points, eight rebounds, four assists and was a team-best plus-18 in the Pacersí comeback.

Eight of the points came in the fourth quarter as Hibbert was an inside force despite the injury.

ďThey didnít want me to come back out, but I told them Iím going to no matter what,Ē Hibbert told the Associated Press. ďSo if I got hit again, thatís fine. I could always get cosmetic surgery at the end of the season to fix it. Iím a tough player, and I just wanted to play through it and make sure we got this win. This game was really important to us.Ē

Bano114 02-05-2012 12:06 PM

Re: Roy Hibbert overcomes broken nose, helps Pacers beat Heat

Thats a major feat to overcome the Los Angeles Heat. Im suprised they didnt throw Kobe out. That just makes the win even more amazing because Hibbert not only lead the Pacers passed the LA Heats best player, Kobe, but LeBron, Wade and Bynum as well.

:bowdown: Next Shaq :oldlol:

Before a title edit occurs I want to let you know the original title was Roy Hibbert overcomes broken nose, helps Pacers beat Heat.

MJ(Mean John) 02-21-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
The AP reports:

Indiana center Roy Hibbert didnít let some gauze stuffed up his nose keep him from beating the Los Angeles Lakers Sunday night.

Hibbert overcame a broken nose sustained earlier in the game after running in to an inadvertent Kobe Bryant elbow to lead the Pacers to a 98-96 victory Sunday night.

Despite the injury, Hibbert produced 18 points, eight rebounds, four assists and was a team-best plus-18 in the Pacersí comeback.

Eight of the points came in the fourth quarter as Hibbert was an inside force despite the injury.

ďThey didnít want me to come back out, but I told them Iím going to no matter what,Ē Hibbert told the Associated Press. ďSo if I got hit again, thatís fine. I could always get cosmetic surgery at the end of the season to fix it. Iím a tough player, and I just wanted to play through it and make sure we got this win. This game was really important to us.Ē

:lol

InspiredLebowski 03-02-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
:lol

That's some goofy wording. Kobe gave him a shot fake, Hibbert went for it, Kobe went into him for the foul and it busted Hibbert's nose. Then Hibbert beasted on Bynum.