Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Do you agree with Rob Parker? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249599)

Real Men Wear Green 01-27-2012 10:20 AM

Do you agree with Rob Parker?

Just wondering how many people think Tom Brady can't get it done in the playoffs. I honestly didn't know that Brady had doubters, now that I have seen one I want to know if it runs deep.

niko 01-27-2012 10:43 AM

Re: Do you agree with Rob Parker?

THat's stupid, he's done it a majority of times, saying he can't strikes me as not really fair. THe only difference to me now is it's not a lock he does it. It used to be "how many TDS's will he throw today? 4? 5?".

I fully think he might not have the greatest day in the Super Bowl, but i think that will be if we are beating the crap out of him with our front four. Not because Brady is "off". If for my Giants to win we'd need Brady to be off we'd be in a world of shit.

Is it just me or is this internet raised generation of fans determined to be black and white? Eli doesn't win, he gets lucky. EVERY GAME. BEcause if it's not, that means their team has issues. Brady was a god. Now, he sucks. Not, he's slightly less godlike because he got a little older but he's still probably the best QB. That's too complicated. HE SUCKS!

GOBB 01-27-2012 11:07 AM

I have to catch replay of First Take to see what he said. Did he mean in general or this postseason?

GOBB 01-27-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
THat's stupid, he's done it a majority of times, saying he can't strikes me as not really fair. THe only difference to me now is it's not a lock he does it. It used to be "how many TDS's will he throw today? 4? 5?".

I fully think he might not have the greatest day in the Super Bowl, but i think that will be if we are beating the crap out of him with our front four. Not because Brady is "off". If for my Giants to win we'd need Brady to be off we'd be in a world of shit.

Is it just me or is this internet raised generation of fans determined to be black and white? Eli doesn't win, he gets lucky. EVERY GAME. BEcause if it's not, that means their team has issues. Brady was a god. Now, he sucks. Not, he's slightly less godlike because he got a little older but he's still probably the best QB. That's too complicated. HE SUCKS!

Skip bayless just called Eli lucky and says Asante Samuel was the Bill Buckner of that SB because he dropped a sure INT only to have Eli and Tyree to hook up on that crazy catch. :oldlol:

Carbine 01-27-2012 11:14 AM

I think it's a valid discussion. He's been pretty bad in the playoffs since 2005.

His last 11 playoff games he's played 3 good ones that were up to his regular season level - vs. the jets back in 2006, jags 2007, broncos 2011.

In that same 11 game span, he's had 6 BAD games, and 2 average games (superbowl, indy 2006)

knickballer 01-27-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
I think it's a valid discussion. He's been pretty bad in the playoffs since 2005.

His last 11 playoff games he's played 3 good ones that were up to his regular season level - vs. the jets back in 2006, jags 2007, broncos 2011.

In that same 11 game span, he's had 6 BAD games, and 2 average games (superbowl, indy 2006)

Eh, He's won 3 SB rings..

ALBballer 01-27-2012 11:39 AM

That's the problem when you win SB so quickly. If the SB were spread apart in his careers, not one analysts make these types of comments.

Carbine 01-27-2012 11:42 AM

It's a team sport, highlighted by this past week where guys like Sterling Moore, Lee Evans, Williams (KR), and Cundiff who had game-changing plays that dictated their teams advancing or not. Brady advanced to the superbowl while playing an admittedly terrible game.

We won a damn superbowl with Peyton playing his only 2 bad playoff games since 2006, back to back - the rest of the team picked up the slack.

Brees has NEVER played a bad playoff game and he only played in 1 superbowl. Why's that? Because the rest of his team wasn't up to par.

Superbowls do count for something if you hold up your end up the bargain (i.e not being carried to a ring) but it's not something that excuses Brady's past 11 playoff games - it is what it is.

Real Men Wear Green 01-27-2012 12:01 PM

11? Please justify that.

Carbine 01-27-2012 12:22 PM

Justify what? Take a look at his last 11 games in the playoffs, I don't need to justify anything.

Real Men Wear Green 01-27-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
Justify what? Take a look at his last 11 games in the playoffs, I don't need to justify anything.

"Facts are misleading." Moving on...

niko 01-27-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
"Facts are misleading." Moving on...

A colts fan making judgments on whether Tom Brady is good or not based on playoff record.

There is irony here, isn't there?

bagelred 01-27-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

LOL OMG WTF :)

Epic

niko 01-27-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagelred
LOL OMG WTF :)

Epic

It's true. Did you see after the Giants game? Not only did some call the Giants lucky, but EVERY SINGLE GAME that Eli won this year, and in 2007 were explained away. We are basically on the verge of a 2nd gift superbowl.

Or Melo. Melo either needs to be traded and or killed, or he is the GOAT. Not, he needs to adjust his game and be asked to. NOPE. Leave him be or take him out to the barn and shoot him.

It's ridiculous.

Carbine 01-27-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

A colts fan making judgments on whether Tom Brady is good or not based on playoff record.

There is irony here, isn't there?

:confusedshrug:

I never said anything about Tom Brady and his playoff record.