Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Touch (TV series) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249955)

DaHeezy 01-30-2012 01:16 PM

Touch (TV series)

I watched the pilot episode last week. It kind of took me by suprise as I was watching American Idol and it came on immediately at the end. Started going into narration right off the bat.
Anyways, it's about an autistic kid who is a genius at number sequences. Kiefer Sutherland is in this, as well as Danny Glover.
I really like this show. First episode was well done, it could have been a motion picture. Anybody else catch it?

dunksby 01-30-2012 01:29 PM

Re: Touch (TV series)

Pilot was weak but I will give this show a couple more episodes.

"Jesus" 01-30-2012 01:34 PM

I caught it too. Kind of formulaic

DaHeezy 01-30-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunksby
Pilot was weak but I will give this show a couple more episodes.

You thought so? I liked it. I thought it transitioned well into the climax. It can have endless story lines. It can even go paranormal and make it look realistic

dunksby 01-30-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHeezy
You thought so? I liked it. I thought it transitioned well into the climax. It can have endless story lines. It can even go paranormal and make it look realistic

Plot was really shallow and full of holes especially regarding the Iraqi boy's situation, do you honestly think a suicide bomber can just change his mind turn off the phone disarm the bomb walk away and proceed to be rewarded with a new oven for his family restaurant?

DaHeezy 01-30-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunksby
Plot was really shallow and full of holes especially regarding the Iraqi boy's situation, do you honestly think a suicide bomber can just change his mind turn off the phone disarm the bomb walk away and proceed to be rewarded with a new oven for his family restaurant?

I'll give you that. But the overall concept made up for that one flaw with me.
It has potential, and as I said, can have endless storylines to it.

DaHeezy 03-20-2012 12:16 PM

World premier this Thursday. I say it's worth a shot.

If you're a person who believes in the butterfly theory, then you may enjoy this.

JMT 03-20-2012 12:31 PM

Sappy. Smarmy. Pandering. Formulaic.

The best type of vehicle to bring out the absolute worst of Kiefer Sutherland. And his worst can be really, really bad.

DaHeezy 03-20-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
Sappy. Smarmy. Pandering. Formulaic.

The best type of vehicle to bring out the absolute worst of Kiefer Sutherland. And his worst can be really, really bad.

Did you see the pilot? I thought it was a little more complex than that.

Faptastrophe 03-20-2012 12:45 PM

That was a great hour of TV. I'm def in when it comes back.
I just hope the show can maintain the quality that pilot had. We all know what happened last time Tim Kring created a show.

DaHeezy 03-20-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
That was a great hour of TV. I'm def in when it comes back.
I just hope the show can maintain the quality that pilot had. We all know what happened last time Tim Kring created a show.

With this type of plot the storylines can be endless and it can dabble in the paranormal type realm without appearing too hokie. I'll subscribe.

JMT 03-20-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Did you see the pilot? I thought it was a little more complex than that.

Yes, I did. Thought it was awful. Certainly didn't see anything that would make me come back.

Just my .02

DaHeezy 04-12-2012 10:47 PM

4 episodes in and I've really enjoyed so far. Last episode got me all weepy eyed.
Thoughts from anyone who's followed? New episode airs tonight

enayes 12-30-2012 06:48 PM

started watching this on Netflix, I like the show, mainly because I like the premise, but I don't think it's been done very effectively yet (i'm 4 episodes in). I agree with it being formulaic.