Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should Rubio Be on an All Defensive Team? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251083)

IGOTGAME 02-07-2012 11:34 PM

Should Rubio Be on an All Defensive Team?

If we were going on defensive impact and not reputation, would Ricky make it. From my estimation there are not four guards that impact the game more defensively. If so, please name them. My prediction is the guy makes several all defensive teams barring major injuries

Flagrant 2 02-07-2012 11:37 PM

Re: Should Rubio Be on an All Defensive Team?

Derek Fisher, John Lucas, Westbrook, Al Horford

M.V.W. 02-07-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flagrant 2
Derek Fisher, John Lucas, Westbrook, Al Horford

Horford's not a guard.

fos 02-07-2012 11:41 PM

He should be, he's a GREAT defender.

Grinder 02-07-2012 11:42 PM

Tony Allen, Thabo Sefolosha, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, Avery Bradley to name a few...this coming from a Rubio fan.

TaLvsCuaL 02-07-2012 11:44 PM

Otherwise it would be an injustice.

IGOTGAME 02-07-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grinder
Tony Allen, Thabo Sefolosha, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, Avery Bradley to name a few...this coming from a Rubio fan.

I disagree with Bradley...disagree with Chris Paul(this year) also disagree with Rondo(this year)...

Haven't watched Allen and Thabo enough to comment. I do respect Allen's defense though.

Whoah10115 02-08-2012 12:17 AM

With respect, Thabo's defense is a bit overrated. I don't think he's a lockdown defender.

Tony Allen is the best perimeter defender in the league. Rajon Rondo has been great. His ball-hawking has been great, but his man defense has been a little off and he's missed a lot of time so far.

Chris Paul...I have no idea how people have anything to say about his defense. He's terrific. I'd probably have Rubio ahead of him tho.

rule1223 02-08-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
If we were going on defensive impact and not reputation, would Ricky make it. From my estimation there are not four guards that impact the game more defensively. If so, please name them. My prediction is the guy makes several all defensive teams barring major injuries

kobe, wade, allen, deng, iggy, rondo, ginobli, wallace, brewer

entropy35 02-08-2012 12:28 AM

John Wall, Tony Allen, Dwayne Wade.

People underrating Wall.

MK2V1GP 02-08-2012 12:32 AM

Rubio LEADS THE LEAGUE in steals. He also LEADS THE LEAGUE in charges taken/offensive fouls drawn. And his defensive presence goes beyond that.

gyu 02-08-2012 12:43 AM

Kyle Lowry

Fiasco 02-08-2012 12:44 AM

My god.

Really?

FireMcFailPlease 02-08-2012 12:49 AM

rubio knows what the opponent is going to do with the ball before the opponent does. hes not lock down, but he's rangy and causes troubles with that.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy 02-08-2012 12:50 AM

What happened to your iluvkobe shtick? You were less annoying then.