Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rookie / Sophomore Draft for All-Star Wknd... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251117)

Aussie Dunker 02-08-2012 04:45 AM

Rookie / Sophomore Draft for All-Star Wknd...

Now that we know Charles and Shaq will be picking their teams, how do you think the draft will go? After last years performance, i'd say the top pick will be John Wall, and purely for entertainment, i'd say the 2nd pick will be Rubio...

Thoughts?...

Teanett 02-08-2012 04:47 AM

Re: Rookie / Sophomore Draft for All-Star Wknd...

jeremy lin

Clutch 02-08-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teanett
jeremy lin

:applause:

alenleomessi 02-08-2012 04:54 AM

Charles is weird he might go with Lin with the 1st pick
I mean last year in the fantasy all time draft he had the first pick and went with Iverson :oldlol:

R.I.P. 02-08-2012 04:56 AM

Shaq and Charles pick the actual rosters?

I hope the NBA gave them the names of the guys they are supposed to pick otr this could turn into a disaster. :lol

InspiredLebowski 02-08-2012 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.I.P.

I hope the NBA gave them the names of the guys they are supposed to pick otr this could turn into a disaster. :lol

They did. The NBA (think the ass't coaches pick the guys) picks the pool of guys, Chuck and Shaq pick the teams from that pool.

People really overestimate the interest the general public has in the rookie/soph game. They need to have Shaq and Chuck mic'd up and "coaching" their teams.

Aussie Dunker 02-08-2012 05:05 AM

When I think about it, Blake Griffin will be classed as a Sophomore, but I doubt he will play...

CardiacKemba 02-08-2012 05:08 AM

Obviously Griffin 1st pick? Irving/Wall/Rubio to follow.

alenleomessi 02-08-2012 05:14 AM

i doubt blake plays...
and this is all star game so you go with a guy who can pass, so either rubio or wall is the first pick

T-Time3 02-08-2012 06:49 AM

i don't know about shaq or chuck.
but if decision is up to stern, it would be stupid if jeremy lin is not on the roster.
with him playing, the all star weekend will be watched all across asia.
hell, even broke the record for most watched rookie vs sophomore game.
true story.

trig 02-08-2012 07:43 AM

I'd have Rubio as my 1st pick, then fill the rest of the roster with the best dunkers available lol

blacknapalm 02-08-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Charles is weird he might go with Lin with the 1st pick
I mean last year in the fantasy all time draft he had the first pick and went with Iverson :oldlol:

chuck didn't understand the rules then. did you see shaq's all-star reserves? even if he was trying to shine some light on some lesser known names, it was kinda suspect. at least mcgee isn't a soph cuz i think shaq would pick him early :lol

idk, i guess this is a pretty interesting aspect but i'm not all that excited about it. i think i still kind of like the idea of pure rookies vs. sophomores

bagelred 02-08-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
When I think about it, Blake Griffin will be classed as a Sophomore, but I doubt he will play...

Which is ridiculous because it's his 3rd year in the league........

"but but but.......he was INJURED in his first year:cry: " :lol

Rake2204 02-08-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R.I.P.

Perhaps it would have added more intrigue to the proceedings, with viewers anxiously awaiting for the first guy to try and draft Allen Iverson.