Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kobe interviewed on AM 710 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251177)

lakerfreak 02-08-2012 07:26 PM

Kobe interviewed on AM 710

He was on Max and Marcellus and I cannot remember the conversation in its entirety so you will have to log on to espnla.com. What I remember from the conversation was some of these points

*When asked about his shooting throughout games, he said something along the lines of "I am a scorer, my job is to shoot. Guys like Bynum and Pau always get the same opportunities regardless of if I shoot 15 or if I shoot 30. In the end of the day, you're always gonna see me shooting 20+ shots in the box score because I am a scorer."

*When asked to play GM and see what he would do he responded saying "I cannot do that because that is demeaning to my other teammates."

*They spoke to him about the nickname Mini-mamba for Goudelock and how Marcellus thought it was demeaning. He said "He (goudelock) shows the same aggression out there on the floor. Always looking to attack. He's called mini mamba because he's much shorter than I am. Luke Walton is the one who came up with the name, not me."

I cannot remember much else.

I would like to respond to the first point regarding his shooting.
What Kobe Bryant said was not inaccurate at all, and I believe that he should be shooting the ball, within the team concept. What I feel that Kobe has been doing is checking the box score during the game and saying "I haven't shot to my average shot attempts, I need to shoot more to reach there". That is the impression I got when I listened to his interview.

What he also needs to realize is that a scorer is one of the top 3 options on a team. Meaning exactly what it is, he is an option. It does not mean he has the right to shoot on every single trip, but rather that he looks for an opportunity first, and if his opportunities are shut out, then look for other opportunities. This is the definition of a scorer. He commands triple teams on a game by game basis, and he needs to realize that to win, he needs to make simple plays that get the team a better opportunity to put points up on the board. A lot of blame is unfairly going toward's Mike's coaching style, and what people do not see is what is happening to the other team's defense when Kobe catches the ball. Kobe could be a coach on the floor if he wanted to. Create his own plays so to speak. If he starts doing that, we can see a better offensive flow, combined with Mike Brown's perfect defensive scheme.

DKLaker 02-10-2012 12:23 PM

Re: Kobe interviewed on AM 710

Mike Brown's coaching style?????
Does our offense look or play any differently than when he was coaching Cleveland?????
I'm just waiting fir this clown to put Luke Walton into the starting lineup :facepalm
He seems very confused and unprepared....the same thing I always noticed when he was coaching Cleveland. Sure you can spend hours preparing for something but that doesn't mean you know what the hell you are doing.

Fish and Metta need to sit. Ebanks needs to play and be developed, same with Morris and Mini-Mamba.

Can any Brown defender please explain what they like about his offense......I really want to hear this.

lakerfreak 02-10-2012 02:20 PM

I don't agree that he looks unprepared and confused. I feel he is strictly trying to implement what HE wants out there, and although it is not working too consistently now, it has brought the team 15 wins out of 26 this season. Wait until he gets pieces that he is used to having out there.

Yesterday's game against the celtics proved to me that he's sending a message out there, by not playing Derek Fisher any clutch minutes. Fisher was absolutely horrendous yesterday. Steve Blake being rusted was still much more valuable than Fisher because of his good ball handling and speed. Mike Brown recognized that, and Steve Blake did a decent job for a rusted person.

Mike Brown is a workaholic, his vision will eventually become displayed in full effect out there. Then once that happens, you will agree with me on Mike Brown as you have with Mitch and Goudelock in the past :oldlol: :oldlol:

DKLaker 02-10-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I don't agree that he looks unprepared and confused. I feel he is strictly trying to implement what HE wants out there, and although it is not working too consistently now, it has brought the team 15 wins out of 26 this season. Wait until he gets pieces that he is used to having out there.

Yesterday's game against the celtics proved to me that he's sending a message out there, by not playing Derek Fisher any clutch minutes. Fisher was absolutely horrendous yesterday. Steve Blake being rusted was still much more valuable than Fisher because of his good ball handling and speed. Mike Brown recognized that, and Steve Blake did a decent job for a rusted person.

Mike Brown is a workaholic, his vision will eventually become displayed in full effect out there. Then once that happens, you will agree with me on Mike Brown as you have with Mitch and Goudelock in the past :oldlol: :oldlol:

Whoa........Mitch had to grow into the job, Sure, I wanted him to be Jerry West immediately.....I'll give you that one for sure.
Mini-Mamba is a draft pick I really liked....much more than Morris, I am no more ready to proclaim that he hes "Arrived" than I would buy into Jeremy Lin.......not until they give at least a couple solid seasons. I do want guys like that to get a ton of playing time and the full opportunity to develop.

As for Brown, he has yet to figure out any form of a rotation or units who can play together.
Too many guys are being shifted from starter to DNP for several games, so no one is sure of their role and this also affects the other starters and their flow/ability to gel......this hurts an offense.
From what I have heard from Brown, he did virtually no planning or tape review of the players on this team, he waited until the strike ended to look at them in person, and he has still yet to figure it out. I don't get that.

The offense looks like the same old stand around and watch the star offense that he ran in Cleveland......he finally ran a nice little pick and roll last night that worked....where the hell has that been and why weren't we doing that before? He is missing way too many easy opportunities with the players he does have on the team.......even with the positions we need to fill.

When Brown was at Cleveland I saw the same things, I thought he was a complete idiot and had no chance of winning a title....there were just too many basic coaching fundamentals he was missing.....ones that any coach, any system can see. I have given him the complete benefit of the doubt all season but now I am so frustrated with his bone headedness.

Even if we get all the right players, i'm not sure this guy can pull it off.
I cannot give him any credit for this record...it is what it is, all things considered it is poor but not far behind what the players we have now dictate......virtually any coach would have as good or better record with these players.....not a great record tho.

I had hoped that he would go more the Popovich angle and bring the rookies, young players along.....but no, he's still the guy who cut Shannon Brown.

Again, I see no positives or consistencies to how he is coaching this team.

The ONLY thing I really do like is that unlike Phil, he will play Kobe the entire 4th quarter if needed. In a close game there are so many timeouts in the 4th quarter that I don't see an athlete needing to sit out 4-5 minutes of playing time. Sometimes late there are timeouts after every play........in the old days that's how the game was coached.

lakerfreak 02-11-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Whoa........Mitch had to grow into the job, Sure, I wanted him to be Jerry West immediately.....I'll give you that one for sure.
Mini-Mamba is a draft pick I really liked....much more than Morris, I am no more ready to proclaim that he hes "Arrived" than I would buy into Jeremy Lin.......not until they give at least a couple solid seasons. I do want guys like that to get a ton of playing time and the full opportunity to develop.

As for Brown, he has yet to figure out any form of a rotation or units who can play together.
Too many guys are being shifted from starter to DNP for several games, so no one is sure of their role and this also affects the other starters and their flow/ability to gel......this hurts an offense.
From what I have heard from Brown, he did virtually no planning or tape review of the players on this team, he waited until the strike ended to look at them in person, and he has still yet to figure it out. I don't get that.

The offense looks like the same old stand around and watch the star offense that he ran in Cleveland......he finally ran a nice little pick and roll last night that worked....where the hell has that been and why weren't we doing that before? He is missing way too many easy opportunities with the players he does have on the team.......even with the positions we need to fill.

When Brown was at Cleveland I saw the same things, I thought he was a complete idiot and had no chance of winning a title....there were just too many basic coaching fundamentals he was missing.....ones that any coach, any system can see. I have given him the complete benefit of the doubt all season but now I am so frustrated with his bone headedness.

Even if we get all the right players, i'm not sure this guy can pull it off.
I cannot give him any credit for this record...it is what it is, all things considered it is poor but not far behind what the players we have now dictate......virtually any coach would have as good or better record with these players.....not a great record tho.

I had hoped that he would go more the Popovich angle and bring the rookies, young players along.....but no, he's still the guy who cut Shannon Brown.

Again, I see no positives or consistencies to how he is coaching this team.

The ONLY thing I really do like is that unlike Phil, he will play Kobe the entire 4th quarter if needed. In a close game there are so many timeouts in the 4th quarter that I don't see an athlete needing to sit out 4-5 minutes of playing time. Sometimes late there are timeouts after every play........in the old days that's how the game was coached.

In response to the bolded parts, I will do it in asterisks to keep myself motivated to type here.

*There are guys definitely shifted from DNP, to role player, to starter, to DNP again. I have noticed that. He still hasn't found a 5 that can go out there and play consistently. Want to know why? Because too many players are playing inconsistently. Its not Brown's fault that MWP is not contributing offensively. Its not Brown's fault that the lakers have given him Fisher, Goudelock, and Blake as his guards to use. He has given fair chances to Ebanks, Barnes, Artest, and for crying out loud, Luke Walton. He simply does not have good pieces to work with right now, other than the big three, who have been playing well all season.

*You say that he waited until the strike ended to look at players. Guess what, so did 29 other head coaches in this league. These guys should not be allowed to work in an inactive off-season where they are not being paid because of the lockout. If the league is inactive due to a lockout, no coach or player should be obligated to come to work if they are not being paid. Would you go to school if there wasn't class that day?

*I think you are misinterpreting a "stand around and watch one player" thing as simply "Kobe setting up the entire offense on every possession. Its not a case of him going one on one every time. He's simply handling the ball more than anyone else on the team because Kobe is the only one that can create offense.

*Shannon Brown was not cut, nor was the team advised by brown to release Shannon. Shannon every single season we had him, kept opting out of his contract so he can go try to get more money from other teams. He did it when Phil was here, he finally left when Brown came. And you know what? Im happy Shannon is gone. One of the lowest IQ, selfish players I have ever seen for a role player with not much assets other than his vertical leap.

As for the unbolded part of your post, I can't force you to change your idea about the rest. If he did have the right pieces, its still not clear whether the team would succeed or not. Thats a fair statement. There was no guarantee the knicks would become title contenders after getting amare and carmelo, and you know what, it was a gamble that failed. Thats understandable. I do hope you can get the "idiot" remarks away because I believe this guy is anything BUT that.

tamaraw08 02-11-2012 06:41 PM

Great discussion again bet freak and DK, I can't say, Im not esp disappointed about last night's loss to the Knicks. I felt before the game that Brown would show how great he is creating schemeS, spotting little details etc by totally shutting down a team who is missing their top TWO scorers.
An analyst mentioned how Brown heavily depended on his past associate Mike Malone that the Lakers was out-bidded by the Warriors...
I heard last week that the Lakers is leading in FG% allowed and among the top in fewest pt allowed so there is something positive that Brown is doing.

lakerfreak 02-11-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Great discussion again bet freak and DK, I can't say, Im not esp disappointed about last night's loss to the Knicks. I felt before the game that Brown would show how great he is creating schemeS, spotting little details etc by totally shutting down a team who is missing their top TWO scorers.
An analyst mentioned how Brown heavily depended on his past associate Mike Malone that the Lakers was out-bidded by the Warriors...
I heard last week that the Lakers is leading in FG% allowed and among the top in fewest pt allowed so there is something positive that Brown is doing.

When Phil Jackson coached the lakers, he mentioned over and over whenever the lakers faced teams with injuries to their stars, that "you always want to play against the team's initial starting five because you know what you what to expect." The lakers faced a young star in Jeremy Lin, a man who began taking control only about 4 games ago. Not much video out on him. Two superstar caliber starters were out of the game, leaving role players, again without much scouting report on them available to read. These role players could have done anything, the lakers wouldn't have known what could have happened. It was more of a "lets just play D our way and see who does what" type of game. Not to mention it was a back to back after an overtime game against the celtics. Lakers were tired I am sure. There are a lot of variables that could have led to them scoring only 85 points, against a team where D'Antoni never really preaches defense.

bladefd 02-12-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

When Phil Jackson coached the lakers, he mentioned over and over whenever the lakers faced teams with injuries to their stars, that "you always want to play against the team's initial starting five because you know what you what to expect." The lakers faced a young star in Jeremy Lin, a man who began taking control only about 4 games ago. Not much video out on him. Two superstar caliber starters were out of the game, leaving role players, again without much scouting report on them available to read. These role players could have done anything, the lakers wouldn't have known what could have happened. It was more of a "lets just play D our way and see who does what" type of game.

Very legit point. Sometimes, you'd rather shake a sleeping tiger that you know what to expect from than to knock on a sleeping turtle that you have never seen before. The turtle may just move along or bite your finger off. The tiger you know will come after you, but you know how to approach it since you have dealt with it before.

DKLaker 02-12-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

In response to the bolded parts, I will do it in asterisks to keep myself motivated to type here.

*There are guys definitely shifted from DNP, to role player, to starter, to DNP again. I have noticed that. He still hasn't found a 5 that can go out there and play consistently. Want to know why? Because too many players are playing inconsistently. Its not Brown's fault that MWP is not contributing offensively. Its not Brown's fault that the lakers have given him Fisher, Goudelock, and Blake as his guards to use. He has given fair chances to Ebanks, Barnes, Artest, and for crying out loud, Luke Walton. He simply does not have good pieces to work with right now, other than the big three, who have been playing well all season.

*You say that he waited until the strike ended to look at players. Guess what, so did 29 other head coaches in this league. These guys should not be allowed to work in an inactive off-season where they are not being paid because of the lockout. If the league is inactive due to a lockout, no coach or player should be obligated to come to work if they are not being paid. Would you go to school if there wasn't class that day?

*I think you are misinterpreting a "stand around and watch one player" thing as simply "Kobe setting up the entire offense on every possession. Its not a case of him going one on one every time. He's simply handling the ball more than anyone else on the team because Kobe is the only one that can create offense.

*Shannon Brown was not cut, nor was the team advised by brown to release Shannon. Shannon every single season we had him, kept opting out of his contract so he can go try to get more money from other teams. He did it when Phil was here, he finally left when Brown came. And you know what? Im happy Shannon is gone. One of the lowest IQ, selfish players I have ever seen for a role player with not much assets other than his vertical leap.

As for the unbolded part of your post, I can't force you to change your idea about the rest. If he did have the right pieces, its still not clear whether the team would succeed or not. Thats a fair statement. There was no guarantee the knicks would become title contenders after getting amare and carmelo, and you know what, it was a gamble that failed. Thats understandable. I do hope you can get the "idiot" remarks away because I believe this guy is anything BUT that.

Dude???? Do you realize that I was talking about Mike Brown releasing Shannon Brown when they BOTH with Cleveland??

As for sitting on @ss during the strike and doing no work.......Are you kidding me? It's one thing if you have been coaching the players for a long time and have it all figured out and another thing if you just took over a team and are planning on running a new system. He has access to all the game film and could've figured things out better than he has.
I don't mean you any disrespect BUT.....you really don't know what you are talking about at all in this argument.....THE COACHES WERE FULLY PAID DURING THE STRIKE AS WERE ALL FRONT OFFICE PERSONNEL AND SCOUTS.
This is why the Lakers fired their entire scouting staff and an abundance of employees. SO MIKE BROWN SHOULD'VE BEEN WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

The knock....or one of them on Brown with Cleveland was that he didn't have an offense other than stand around and watch Lebron.....The same thing is happening now.
Coaching 101....just for you......when you have a very poor shooting team that is having trouble scoring what do you do???? You crash the boards hard to get 2nd and 3rd chance points....far too often the Lakers run away as soon as a Laker shoots. You also play your athletic high energy guys much more often.....these guys find ways to get you extra points.....so why are McRoberts and Ebanks sitting so much while the slower guys are getting so much run???

I've won major tournaments and league championships with teams who weren't good shooters...and I didn't have a Kobe.

There is no mystery to me why this is such a low scoring team.

There are many other tips I could give you but this is long enough already.

It bothered me when Brown said he didn't know who Jeremy Lin is......these guys get scouting reports daily.....yeah, I know they were playing Boston...but being a back to back game, he should've already known the basics of his next opponent and been devising a plan to stop him.

Do I think Brown is an idiot.....HELL YES, I have always felt that way about him and so far he is adding fuel to my opinion......and others who I talk to who have coached and played in the league.

lakerfreak 02-12-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Dude???? Do you realize that I was talking about Mike Brown releasing Shannon Brown when they BOTH with Cleveland??

As for sitting on @ss during the strike and doing no work.......Are you kidding me? It's one thing if you have been coaching the players for a long time and have it all figured out and another thing if you just took over a team and are planning on running a new system. He has access to all the game film and could've figured things out better than he has.
I don't mean you any disrespect BUT.....you really don't know what you are talking about at all in this argument.....THE COACHES WERE FULLY PAID DURING THE STRIKE AS WERE ALL FRONT OFFICE PERSONNEL AND SCOUTS.
This is why the Lakers fired their entire scouting staff and an abundance of employees. SO MIKE BROWN SHOULD'VE BEEN WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

The knock....or one of them on Brown with Cleveland was that he didn't have an offense other than stand around and watch Lebron.....The same thing is happening now.
Coaching 101....just for you......when you have a very poor shooting team that is having trouble scoring what do you do???? You crash the boards hard to get 2nd and 3rd chance points....far too often the Lakers run away as soon as a Laker shoots. You also play your athletic high energy guys much more often.....these guys find ways to get you extra points.....so why are McRoberts and Ebanks sitting so much while the slower guys are getting so much run???

I've won major tournaments and league championships with teams who weren't good shooters...and I didn't have a Kobe.

There is no mystery to me why this is such a low scoring team.

There are many other tips I could give you but this is long enough already.

It bothered me when Brown said he didn't know who Jeremy Lin is......these guys get scouting reports daily.....yeah, I know they were playing Boston...but being a back to back game, he should've already known the basics of his next opponent and been devising a plan to stop him.

Do I think Brown is an idiot.....HELL YES, I have always felt that way about him and so far he is adding fuel to my opinion......and others who I talk to who have coached and played in the league.

Its just that you keep on saying things like he laid around all off-season and didn't do anything. Did the LAtimes report "Mike Brown did nothing all season"? Its just not fair to argue things like this, just because during the games he "looks confused" and "unprepared". When I look at him, his face is calm, he yells out plays like he is absolutely sure that he knows what he wants to do.

A 15-12 record is not bad, I think you're simply overreacting because you are just looking for reasons to hate Mike Brown. You criticized Mike Brown for being ejected against the Jazz. I bet you if he hadn't yelled at the ref, you would say "Mike Brown is not defending his players, its almost like he's confused and doesn't know what to do".

Call it whatever you want. Numbers don't tell the whole story, but with his amazing coaching record in cleveland, with only one superstar and a bunch of scrubs, he is far from being an idiot.

DKLaker 02-12-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Its just that you keep on saying things like he laid around all off-season and didn't do anything. Did the LAtimes report "Mike Brown did nothing all season"? Its just not fair to argue things like this, just because during the games he "looks confused" and "unprepared". When I look at him, his face is calm, he yells out plays like he is absolutely sure that he knows what he wants to do.

A 15-12 record is not bad, I think you're simply overreacting because you are just looking for reasons to hate Mike Brown. You criticized Mike Brown for being ejected against the Jazz. I bet you if he hadn't yelled at the ref, you would say "Mike Brown is not defending his players, its almost like he's confused and doesn't know what to do".

Call it whatever you want. Numbers don't tell the whole story, but with his amazing coaching record in cleveland, with only one superstar and a bunch of scrubs, he is far from being an idiot.

I don't give a rats @ss about our record, I said that even before the season started....go back and read my post on that. I thought his coaching was horrible in Cleveland and i see the same horrible clueless coaching style now.
I hadn't been bashing him until now because it was only fair to give the guy a shot. I cannot stand his erratic, dumb decisions and lack of planning or adjustments. I am much more sensetive to this because I am a longtime coach and understand what you should and should not do. I guess that people who have not been doing this would not understand :confusedshrug:
I guess guys like you can only look at records and stats and not the actual games and how it's being played.

It's funny that a day after telling his players to show restraint in talking to the refs and giving away points, he blows it and blows the game by losing his cool....a fine example he set.

A few years ago my PG gave a head fake, the player guarding him jumped and then reached out and grabbed him from behind, tackling my PG to the ground and landing on top of him, he then proceeded to climb up his back while on the ground to get to the ball. The entire time I am yelling for the foul call.....I got no call so I had to use a timeout. I walked out on the floor and yelled at the ref "How the hell is that not a foul!!!" I was beyond irate...probably the most angry I have ever been about a call in over 25 years of coaching.
The ref gave a completely stupid excuse and I told him so. I was so mad I was about to start cursing him out so I turned and walked away, the ref followed me to the bench to talk about it further, I told him to go away, that I was done talking about it, he insisted on talking. I told him that if I talk about it I will get a tech, "I won't give you a tech" I said oh yes you will when I tell you what I really think about you and that call. I think we won the game by 3 points or so....and my players got the message, I'm going to fight for them but not give points away.

I find that you get more calls your way when you discuss a call with a ref, admit when they got a call right and don't show them up.
As a player, I would go to the refs quietly after a bad call and smile to tell them they missed the call and they owe me one. every ref liked my approach so I would get away with being my hardcore physical self without fouling out.

My players follow this approach and it has always worked for us....we keep our heads in the game and don't give points away....and keep on dominating.
The only tech I can even remember my team getting cost us a championship game in the final 15 seconds.

DKLaker 02-12-2012 02:27 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...and-vice-versa

Not that I agree with Metta, but team unrest over Brown is growing.

lakerfreak 02-12-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...and-vice-versa

Not that I agree with Metta, but team unrest over Brown is growing.

Again, after reading the article, there was nothing about "team unrest".

Don't forget that Artest talked about Phil via twitter, and then rumor had it that he wanted to be traded. Artest hadn't adjusted to the triangle, and he is most certainly past his prime. This guy isn't going back to his old days.

Mike Brown is still finding the right group of guys to mesh. Matt Barnes started off in the dog house, Ebanks started, Artest was the PF off the bench basically, and then things switched up big time.

When you are no longer a championship caliber team, adjustments are necessary, no matter at what point during the season. Makes no difference if you are not contending for a title anyways.

bladefd 02-12-2012 06:17 PM

Wow, I give up on reading these long posts! I don't have the patience to keep up with these debates anymore :eek:

Pretty good back and forth read though from the fractions I read. :cheers:

DKLaker 02-12-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Again, after reading the article, there was nothing about "team unrest".

Don't forget that Artest talked about Phil via twitter, and then rumor had it that he wanted to be traded. Artest hadn't adjusted to the triangle, and he is most certainly past his prime. This guy isn't going back to his old days.

Mike Brown is still finding the right group of guys to mesh. Matt Barnes started off in the dog house, Ebanks started, Artest was the PF off the bench basically, and then things switched up big time.

When you are no longer a championship caliber team, adjustments are necessary, no matter at what point during the season. Makes no difference if you are not contending for a title anyways.

Metta is the 4th or 5th player who has grumbled about Brown's decisions......do you REALLY need someone to spell it out for you??????
Does it all have to be nice and neat inside of one article???? :banghead:

Now if you know about these things and how they work....take the public comments and multiply by 2 as to how many guys are unhappy with the direction of things.....(Only half of players will speak up) If you do not know this, there is nothing I can do to help you. It's a huge number this early in a season.

Problem with Brown is that he is not making the necessary decisions, he is very much behind, even with considering the schedule......the offense is a complete disaster....any decent coach could fix the offensive problem quickly.
for one, where are the pick and rolls between Kobe and Pau????

You don't seem to understand that the coaches get up to the game information on their opponent, I have seen the stuff they get first hand.....so any excuse that Jeremy Lin just started taking off is a lame excuse....especially since he is a PG and we are HORRIBLY WEAK at PG....any scrub can score 30 on us. If I'm the coach, knowing this the first thing I want to know is what the opponent's PG is doing....what are his strengths and weaknesses. Hell, even in AAU tournaments we coaches know all the stats and things to know about a player we are going to face.......go talk to any local coach near you, they'll tell you the exact same thing. NO EXCUSES!!!!!

No Lakers team has been this pathetic in scoring....and we have 3 All-Stars....so anyone who can't see there is a problem is missing the boat.....take a look at how other teams are scoring against teams we fail to get 100 on......we are barely beating bad teams like Toronto....another team missing their best player.....yet you come out with a weak ass excuse.......I guarantee you, my teams have Sh!t all over a team missing their best player....NO EXCUSES.