Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   jeremy lin from nbdl to player of the week (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251446)

inclinerator 02-10-2012 01:52 PM

jeremy lin from nbdl to player of the week

:cheers:

Ariza4three 02-10-2012 01:54 PM

Re: jeremy lin from nbdl to player of the week

Linning the player of the week.

Lincredible.

The Linmortal Lin. :bowdown:

JMT 02-10-2012 01:59 PM

Good for him. What a great story.

Shows, among other things, how important smarts can be.

InfiniteBaskets 02-10-2012 02:00 PM

I should've studied harder in HS. If I went to Harvard, I would've been smart enough to go to the NBA too.

:(

Also wanted to add that the week's not over yet. Technically Player of the week awards are based off weekly play starting on Monday ending on Sunday. So his game against the Nets would not really be factored in. He still has the lakers tonight and wolves tomorrow.

LeBron had a disappointing performance against the Magic. But maybe Dwight and Rose can make a strong case for themselves in the next two days.

gyu 02-10-2012 02:02 PM

He only got player of the week because he is Asian. :rolleyes:

DirtySanchez 02-10-2012 02:02 PM

If Lin was not on NY...would his hype be as big?

mentallooser 02-10-2012 02:04 PM

An NBDL player playing like one of the best PGs in the league for a week? Yea, he'd be getting that much no matter what.

Sicknote 02-10-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
If Lin was not on NY...would his hype be as big?

only if he was in LA or CHI would it be close to such a story.. hes blowing up marketing-wise not only because he's an undrafted Asian-American from Harvard but because he's in New York and is pulling a struggling, currently starless team through a 3-game win streak imo

DirtySanchez 02-10-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sicknote
only if he was in LA or CHI would it be close to such a story.. hes blowing up marketing-wise not only because he's an undrafted Asian-American from Harvard but because he's in New York and is pulling a struggling, currently starless team through a 3-game win streak imo

Yeah the whole Harvard thing is coming in to play as well.
No matter what though you got to love his story right now. It's simply just amazing. I have to root against him tonight though. But he will probably blow up since the Lakers suck at PG.

Sarcastic 02-10-2012 02:08 PM

ShaoLIN

RoseCity07 02-10-2012 02:08 PM

If he really got player of the week that is a disgrace. You telling me no other player scored more than 24 PPG this week in the East?

strifed169 02-10-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseCity07
If he really got player of the week that is a disgrace. You telling me no other player scored more than 24 PPG this week in the East?

player of the week isnt about stats, its also about wins, Lin was the mvp this week leading his team to 3 straight wins sitting on excellent numbers

The_LA_Blakers 02-10-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strifed169
player of the week isnt about stats, its also about wins, Lin was the mvp this week leading his team to 3 straight wins sitting on excellent numbers

Without Melo and Amare, too.

Ariza4three 02-10-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseCity07

Are you serious?

Lin is averaging 25.3 pts /3.7 reb /8.3 ast /1.7 stl on 58.6 FG% in the three games he started getting minutes.

He got 3 consecutive wins with no star players.

ThatsGame 02-10-2012 03:18 PM

And a star is suddenly born.