Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Trade for Blake/Iggy (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251465)

Cards1978 02-10-2012 06:19 PM

Trade for Blake/Iggy

I would get Blake, Iggy, and Landry

I would give Monroe, Anderson, and Boozer

The original offer was Boozer, Monroe for Iggy and Blake and he didn't go for that so I threw in Duncan then he sent me this deal. Seems like I am giving up a little much, but I don't mind giving up Monroe and Boozer, but I am a little hesitant to give up Anderson. Help me figure out who to ask for instead of Landry to round out the deal. I am dumping FT% and TO and if Anderson is dealt I would be dumping 3s too.

His team:
PG Wall
SG Lou Williams
G Jennings
SF Iggy
PF Dirk
F Griffin
C Scola
C Frye
Util Stuckey
Util Miller
BN Hansboro, Haslem, Landry

Basketball 9 Cat.h2h 10 Teams
My team:
PG Rajon Rondo
SG Jared Dudley
G Mike Conley
SF Josh Smith
PF Tim Duncan
F Carlos Boozer
C Dwight Howard
C Greg Monroe
Util Jeremy Lin
Util Ryan Anderson
Bench: Hedo Turkoglu, Brook Lopez, Zach Randolph

chairman 02-11-2012 03:54 AM

Re: Trade for Blake/Iggy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cards1978

The original offer was Boozer, Monroe for Iggy and Blake and he didn't go for that so I threw in Duncan then he sent me this deal. Seems like I am giving up a little much, but I don't mind giving up Monroe and Boozer, but I am a little hesitant to give up Anderson. Help me figure out who to ask for instead of Landry to round out the deal. I am dumping FT% and TO and if Anderson is dealt I would be dumping 3s too.

His team:
PG Wall
SG Lou Williams
G Jennings
SF Iggy
PF Dirk
F Griffin
C Scola
C Frye
Util Stuckey
Util Miller
BN Hansboro, Haslem, Landry

Basketball 9 Cat.h2h 10 Teams
My team:
PG Rajon Rondo
SG Jared Dudley
G Mike Conley
SF Josh Smith
PF Tim Duncan
F Carlos Boozer
C Dwight Howard
C Greg Monroe
Util Jeremy Lin
Util Ryan Anderson
Bench: Hedo Turkoglu, Brook Lopez, Zach Randolph

Go for it:rockon: or ask for scola since his stock is down

sportin_life 02-12-2012 12:09 AM

Re: Trade for Blake/Iggy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cards1978

Can you get someone else for Landry (I'm assuming this is Carl Landry)? I wouldn't do that deal personally but I play mostly roto or points leagues --- but if you're tanking FT%, TO's and 3's, it makes a lot of sense for you except that Landry is the weakest link in the trade.

Monroe has been a beast overall this year for efficiency and steals, Anderson is elite for efficiency and 3's, and Boozer has surprisingly played well.

Here is BBall Monster's breakdown of your trade based on weighted values:

(+) 2.0 Vx assists, 0.8 Vx blocks,
(-) 0.6 Vx pts, 2.3 Vx 3's, 1.3 Vx Reb, 0.8 Vx steals, 0.6 Vx FG%, 5.7 Vx FT%, 1.7 Vx TO's

Based on performance so far this season, you're only gaining in assists and blocks. Even if you throw out FT%, TO's and 3's, you're still giving up value in pts, reb, steals, FG%.

It would be a marginal value loss for you (throwing out your tank cats) but a huge value gain for the other team if he's counting all the cats. I would squeeze more value out of him. As someone else said, Scola instead of Landry maybe?