Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251751)

StateOfMind12 02-12-2012 03:00 PM

Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

This got me thinking in that Tmac, 2nd round thread. Tmac was the ultimate loser that pretty much wasted most of Yao's career in Houston. Yao was better off never playing with Tmac.

LeBron also never got to play with an elite offensive post player like Yao was. I mean who was LeBron's best post-player in Cleveland? Jamison? Big Z? LeBron was kind of wasted in Cleveland on that part. I always thought that LeBron needed a post-scorer and Jamison was never the answer to that question although Jamison in '10 was better than anything he ever had.

Now lets replace Tmac in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09. The only reason why I stopped at '09 opposed to '10 is because that was pretty much the last season Yao and Tmac were playing for Houston.

So from the '04-'05 season to the '08-'09 season. How do you think the duo of LeBron James and Yao Ming would have fared?

I think they would have won the championship in '08-'09 for sure though. I'm not so positive about the other seasons.

asdf1990 02-12-2012 03:11 PM

Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

replace tmac with Linsanity, how many rings do they win? I say at least 15 rings, it would be the yellow version of kobe/shaq but 10x better

Dave3 02-12-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdf1990
replace tmac with Linsanity, how many rings do they win? I say at least 15 rings

Replace Yao with Dwight and you've got 7 straight rings in 5 years at LEAST

iamgine 02-12-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateOfMind12

This got me thinking in that Tmac, 2nd round thread. Tmac was the ultimate loser that pretty much wasted most of Yao's career in Houston. Yao was better off never playing with Tmac.

LeBron also never got to play with an elite offensive post player like Yao was. I mean who was LeBron's best post-player in Cleveland? Jamison? Big Z? LeBron was kind of wasted in Cleveland on that part. I always thought that LeBron needed a post-scorer and Jamison was never the answer to that question although Jamison in '10 was better than anything he ever had.

Now lets replace Tmac in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09. The only reason why I stopped at '09 opposed to '10 is because that was pretty much the last season Yao and Tmac were playing for Houston.

So from the '04-'05 season to the '08-'09 season. How do you think the duo of LeBron James and Yao Ming would have fared?

I think they would have won the championship in '08-'09 for sure though. I'm not so positive about the other seasons.

Not good cause Yao Ming's injured.

pauk 02-12-2012 03:24 PM

Guaranteed championships until Yao Ming gets injured

SilkkTheShocker 02-12-2012 04:15 PM

They definitely make it past the 1st round more than once for Christ's sake. They for sure beat Utah in 07 and 08. Yea, Yao got hurt in 08, but Lebron and Scola would have been enough to beat Utah again. Tmac really is the ultimate loser. No idea why he has the following he does.

StateOfMind12 02-12-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
They definitely make it past the 1st round more than once for Christ's sake. They for sure beat Utah in 07 and 08. Yea, Yao got hurt in 08, but Lebron and Scola would have been enough to beat Utah again. Tmac really is the ultimate loser. No idea why he has the following he does.

I think we all get that part. LeBron has never even lost in the 1st round in his career. Now we're going to add Yao on his team? That should be obvious that he won't lose in the 1st round.

How many championships, NBA finals appearances, Conference Finals appearances etc. would do duo of LeBron and Yao get is the real question though.

StateOfMind12 02-12-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauk

.....and Tmac couldn't even get past the 1st round with Yao. That should say a lot about Tmac. :oldlol:

Heavincent 02-12-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

NOTHING is guaranteed. After last year, I'd expect you to know this.

The_Yearning 02-12-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Meaning 0 championships.

pauk 02-12-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent
NOTHING is guaranteed. After last year, I'd expect you to know this.

It is GUARANTEED.... Lebron & Wade WILL win at leat 1 god damn championship.... you are nuts if you dont think so... did you really expect them to immediately pwn everybody and win it so fast last year? Hell, they immediately got to the Finals and almost won it anyways... could have won it if Lebron, Wade, Bosh would have been able to close out things in those 4th quarters

Kiarip 02-12-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

You can't say that. Lebron isn't much better than Houston T-Mac, and the West was a tough place to play.

StateOfMind12 02-12-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiarip
You can't say that. Lebron isn't much better than Houston T-Mac, and the West was a tough place to play.

:roll: Yeah dude, LeBron James would have gotten shut down by Derek Fisher like Tmac did in the '07 playoffs. What a ****ing joke.

ImmortalD24 02-12-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Pre- 07-08 season.. maybe.

pauk 02-12-2012 07:20 PM

As far as Yao Ming goes.......... please man? come on?

Did you see Lebron get to the Finals with "the worst team to ever be in a NBA finals".... he got there with his 2nd best performer being Daniel freakin Gibson............

Yao Ming would be the difference between a Championship and Sweep in that Finals for example......... but now Yao Ming will be playing many more years with Lebron.... the real question is not IF they would have won a championship, the real question is HOW MANY!