Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Who should the Bulls draft? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252)

NoBULL 06-04-2006 06:34 AM

Who should the Bulls draft?

Hey long-time lurker here and I decided to register cause of the new board..

Well here's a question us Bulls fans have long been debating over.. who should we draft with our #2 this coming draft? Assuming rumors are true and the Raptors take Bargnani (not too big on him anyways), its pretty much down to TT or Aldridge. We got Noc and Deng so Morrison and Gay aren't really priorities. I like TT's athleticism and passion.. definately a Skiles and Paxson-type player. But he's small for a PF and his offense is pretty limited and it would be horrible if he turned out to be a Chandler clone. Aldridge, on the other hand, is talented in a low post and can create his own, something our big men lack. But he's been labeled soft and disappeared from games in the tourney. I'm leaning towards TT, but whoever Paxson chooses I'll support cause the Bull's draft picks have been pretty much been flawless ever seen Paxson came on board.

Celts34 06-04-2006 06:43 AM

Take Aldridge and be happy. He more impact ready then Thomas. I'm not even sure if Thomas will ever be as good offensively as Aldrige is right now. I think that Thomas may have more upside, but the Bulls spent a good deal of the last 8 years drafting players with upside.

Spiderman08 24 06-04-2006 06:43 AM

Aldridge. He can give you some low post offense which is exactly what you need.
Chandler gives you rebounding and defense but he's not a scorer. Aldridge is. He's your guy.

ZHAKIDD532 06-04-2006 07:00 AM

bargnani if you can, guy's gonna be a beast

hotsizzle 06-04-2006 07:06 AM

trade it

Quote:

The playoffs have proved that Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are INARGUABLY the two best perimeter players in the league.

Celts34 06-04-2006 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
bargnani if you can, guy's gonna be a beast

When' the last time a Euro player came over and justified the pre-draft hype he received? Take Aldridge.

sydneyking 06-04-2006 07:51 AM

#2 Aldridge
#16 Shawne

Milkman 06-04-2006 08:03 AM

Id take Aldridge, he provides scoring down low with lil jumpers and also defence much like Brand.

SupermanOnSteroids 06-04-2006 08:09 AM

aldrige. if no aldrige, then the bulls should just go gay.

NoBULL 06-04-2006 08:31 AM

Aldridge is definately the the safest bet, but he has more of a finesse game and struggled at times against dudes his size in the NCAA. The reason I like TT is because he complements the pick 'n roll really well, which is the bread and butter of our offense. I know we've been throwing around the words upside and potential for the longest time, but with TT's work ethic if he can put on some weight I can see him being an Amare-type of player.

Either way, if we end up with TT/Aldridge and Saer Sene/Hilton or even Cedric Simmons/Patrick O'Bryant if they manage to fall to #16 that would be considered a very very good draft by me.

SupermanOnSteroids 06-04-2006 08:51 AM

at 16 they might be able to get their hands on the next bust.

Unregistered 06-04-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
at 16 they might be able to get their hands on the next bust.

You mean the next Rafael Araujo? I don't think anyone in the draft is as bad as him.

Skywalker 06-04-2006 09:28 AM

Bulls should grab Aldridge, and then Hilton Armstrong, that's a major upgrade to their frontcourt.

traditionone 06-04-2006 09:28 AM

If the Raptors take Aldridge, I would trade down. Tyrus Thomas, even though he has a lot of potential, will never justify being taken 2nd in the draft. The other players are not great and will not help the Bulls that much.

dak121 06-04-2006 10:45 AM

Package the picks and Chandler to hopefully get Garnett. Then sign Ben Wallace.

PG - Hinrich
SG - Gordon
SF - Deng
PF - Garnett
C - Wallace

That lineup is good enough to compete for the East next season.

BUT if they keep the pick, take whoever the Raptors don't or maybe trade down for Tyrus Thomas. Whoever the Bulls get will be an upgrade over what they already have.