Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Futurama vs South Park vs Family Guy vs Simpson (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252648)

LBJMVP 02-19-2012 12:28 AM

Futurama vs South Park vs Family Guy vs Simpson

which do you choose to be the only one you watch again?
I've always loved satirical cartoon and these are my four favorites, but feel free to add whichever other you feel is necessary.

my pick is futurama. i've liked this show since i was old enough to stay up late enough for adult swim, which was after it originally got cancelled.
i own all four seasons and was dissapointed when i found out it got cancelled for know reason. was really happy when the three movies where televised and when two new seasons came out.

i think it is a great satircal comedy and doesn't get super imature with dumb jokes. everything kinda relates to today's time except the whole future part

this show and south park are the only shows i try to watch whenever a new episode comes out.

family guy and simpsons i really only catch during football season.

The Macho Man 02-19-2012 12:29 AM

Re: Futurama vs South Park vs Family Guy vs Simpson

King of the Hill

Alamo 02-19-2012 12:31 AM

Today I would pick Futurama, but I grew up on South Park and Family Guy. Was never a huge simpson fan.

Love King of the Hill though. Best show ever

Derka 02-19-2012 12:35 AM

South Park, easily.

If I had to rank? South Park > Futurama > Simpsons > Family Guy

LBJMVP 02-19-2012 12:38 AM

king of the hill is also good.
satirical comedy cartoons are great to watch... im actually not to sure how much family guy get puts into this as much as the others.

IMO futurama, and south park are the greatest when it comes to this.
South Park show no mercy to anything or anyone and doesnt give a shit about it and that why i love the creators.

and Futurama makes some masterpiece episodes.

gigantes 02-19-2012 12:45 AM

futurama - i always liked it, but it's not getting any better with time. it's clever on the surface but pretty worthless satire.

family guy - gotta be the most pointless 'adult' cartoon i've ever seen. even seth macfarlane thinks its garbage.

south park - gets weird, self-indulgent and incredibly obnoxious at times. not to mention, trey & matt doing all the voices is beyond tired. but for all that, the issues raised and satire level are as cutting-edge as it gets.

simpsons - used to be a great show and was single-handedly responsible for all these new shows. hasn't been worth a piss since the late 90's, however.

king of the hill - smart, quality show, but got a little watered down somewhere along the line. awhile back i read that that was because of some network directives.

WINNER - south park, easily. not for charm, but for guts and talent. KOTH is first alternate.

joe 02-19-2012 12:56 AM

I recognize that Futurama is quality, but I could never get into it. The jokes are really classy and sophisticated, which is great, but I prefer a more blunt, over the top style.

King of the Hill, I see as more of an "area" piece, where watching it sort of gives you a glimpse into Texan/middle American values. Always enjoyed it for some reason.

Simpsons, is more like Futurama because it's classy and sophisticated. It'll always have a special place in my heart because I grew up in the 90's..

My favorite is definitely South Park. The newer episodes have mostly been crap, but the entire body of work is amazing. I've seen every episode except like two. Amazingly funny, witty, smart, sharp, tackles important issues and has interesting opinions. Not to mention being crude and blunt, which I like. I also think the shows moral conclusions lean libertarian, so I like it in that way :D .

LBJMVP 02-19-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigantes
futurama - i always liked it, but it's not getting any better with time. it's clever on the surface but pretty worthless satire.

family guy - gotta be the most pointless 'adult' cartoon i've ever seen. even seth macfarlane thinks its garbage.

south park - gets weird, self-indulgent and incredibly obnoxious at times. not to mention, trey & matt doing all the voices is beyond tired. but for all that, the issues raised and satire level are as cutting-edge as it gets.

simpsons - used to be a great show and was single-handedly responsible for all these new shows. hasn't been worth a piss since the late 90's, however.

king of the hill - smart, quality show, but got a little watered down somewhere along the line. awhile back i read that that was because of some network directives.

WINNER - south park, easily. not for charm, but for guts and talent. KOTH is first alternate.

i agree south park is great satirically, but futurama does have a lot of great epidodes. sometimes i interchange between the two, but only because south park has been doing what it does longer. some south park epidodes just dont interest me, but they do a great job at "shocking an unshockable world"

Jackass18 02-19-2012 01:17 AM

The Simpsons >>>>>> Futurama >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Family Guy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> South Park > King of the Hill

I think it's an age thing. Younger people tend to hang towards South Park while the older and far more awesome people lean towards The Simpsons. King of the Hill is just a boringass show.

Stuckey 02-19-2012 01:20 AM

i enjoyed prime family guy when i was young

i couldn't watch the show again, too boring

ill give it up to futurama

miller-time 02-19-2012 01:22 AM

right now

south park > futurama > family guy > simpsons

ever

simpsons > south park > futurama/family guy

south park is the most intelligent show of the 4, but it seems to have gone a little bit too far with tackling current political issues and pop culture references. sometimes it is nice to have an episode that is contained within the south park world with little to no reference to anything outside.

the simpsons is the most beaten up and sold out show of the lot. it isn't even a shadow of its former self. it needs to end now. back in its day though it was the greatest cartoon ever made and was a pioneer for all modern cartoons (with some minor credit going to ren and stimpy too).

futurama lost a step during their hiatus, but it was the perfect follow up to the simpsons. it has plenty of in depth jokes and is still a solid show.

i was a late comer to family guy, and out of all of the shows it has probably given me the most laugh out loud moments. my only criticism of the show is that is too light on story and character development. the cut away jokes work, but overall there is no heart (unlike the simpsons which had the slap stick humor but followed it up with meaningful story lines).

LBJMVP 02-19-2012 01:31 AM

it sounds like a majority is sticky with south park and futurama, as it should be. as of right now those are the two best adult humor cartoons out. though i did miss alot of the simpsons due to just being to young.

family guy is funny, but i do agree that it's story line just isnt as in-depth with south park and futurama.

Jackass18 02-19-2012 01:56 AM

How is that as it should be? The Simpsons is far superior to the highly overrated South Park, and this thread has been done a number of times. I should mention that's in an overall sense since The Simpsons has gone downhill over the years.

dkmwise 02-19-2012 02:13 AM

South Park and it's not even close

LBJMVP 02-19-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackass18
How is that as it should be? The Simpsons is far superior to the highly overrated South Park, and this thread has been done a number of times. I should mention that's in an overall sense since The Simpsons has gone downhill over the years.

because the new simpsons episodes suck compared to the new south park and futurama episodes of today.

and i apoligize if this exact thread comparing these exact four shows has been used already.